epteca Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 14 reviews

2.1
epteca CEO Bojan Jokic
Bojan Jokic
  1. "Innovative company with a strong value proposition"

Former Employee - Chief Technology Officer

I worked at epteca full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company that has a really strong value proposition, proven by their impressive list of Partners and advertisers. A technology platform that is intelligent and also flexible to ensure continuous innovation. A company with a lot of talented people. A company where your skill-set and drive can come into play and where you can actively influence the Roadmap.

Cons

Similar to basically all other companies there has been some challenges with regards to the competence mix in the different teams, and this has had some impact on throughput. However, the company now seem to have found the right blend and should be in a good spot to accelerate.

Advice to Management

You are on a successful route, just stay focused and follow through on already ongoing initiatives. Attract, retain and develop the most talented people in order to help you take the next steps, both in terms of continuous innovation and general company development.

epteca2015-12-16

"After being contacted by several (current & ex) employees it was time to voice my concerns"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zug

I worked at epteca full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. Zero. Zip. Nada. Yes seriously I have thought long and hard here to put down at least one positive attribute however it currently eludes me. Oh, hold on, yes there is one. I think once the owners paid for an out of work lunch (more than likely expensed). I thank you for that. The starter was most noteworthy.

Cons

So after being contacted by several, dare I say it, disgruntled employees lately I though it is my duty to at least post something on this company. It seems there is an alarming trend and uncanny amount of consistency coming out. The truth will out as they say. After a quick millisecond of thinking about this I will not use this platform to vent any anger or revenge. Or to mention that I think I could possibly have...

Advice to Management

Stop messing with peoples careers, livelihoods, health and most important of all sanity. It is just not cool. Period.

epteca2015-11-13

"Treat yourself as human and don't try to think about it"

Former Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Zug

I worked at epteca for more than a year

Pros

Nothing everything is very bad

Cons

Everything is bad they can't do anything right , I expect they will close the company soon.

Advice to Management

The management believes in stone age methodologies and they are over confident that they are doing the right thing and do not need any advice. They need to first understand that they are Crazy idi0t couple wants to build something usless.

epteca2015-11-11

"Worst Place Possible"

I worked at epteca

Pros

Close way to work form my home

Cons

Horrible spirit and terrible management

Advice to Management

how about some basics on motivation?

epteca2015-10-27

"Very sad to see people being broken by this company"

I worked at epteca

Pros

None... not worth it. If you have bad management the rest does not matter.

Cons

The only good reviews in here are those written by the management, unfortunately. Never in my life had such a bad experience... you probably will think that all the negative reviews you have read in here are from people who maybe cannot really deal with stress or strong management, but that is not true. I have seen employees from all ages, experiences and nationalities leaving the company after very short time ( most...

Advice to Management

Your employees are your best asset

epteca2015-09-02

"Avoid unless you want to discover what depression is."

I worked at epteca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Zug is a great location close to the Alps.

Cons

Everything else. Crazy management, completely nuts. Colleagues ruined by continuous criticism, unrealistic goals and pointless assignments. I have seen people crying, including myself. After leaving this company, I was on pills for three months. They nearly destroyed me. Although you are starving, do yourself a favour and keep looking elsewhere for a job. These people should not have a license for managing people.

Advice to Management

You are beyond hope.

epteca2015-08-27

"CCO"

Current Employee - CCO in London, England

I have been working at epteca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Probably the best idea I've ever come across in Digital marketing. The founders are exceptionally passionate and have a profoundly interesting grasp on a unique market.

Cons

Not sure what to say. Growth is always difficult to manage and this company is growing at an extraordinary rate. At the same time we are building an exceptional team around an amazing business model.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you're doing. There is literally no limit to what we can achieve with this business.

epteca2015-05-01

"A nightmare"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at epteca

Pros

Free coffee... I didn't get to see a lot in the few months I stayed.

Cons

The above fake positive reviews written by the owners prompted me to write this one. It is a company you should avoid by all means, the managers use abusive language, the goals are unrealistic and misguided. Just avoid !

Advice to Management

Please do yourself a favor and either change your style or close down the company.

epteca2015-01-07

"Eine gute Möglichkeit."

(Translated from English)

I have been working at epteca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Das Konzept und das Produkt sind solide. Man hat Möglichkeiten, die Dinge zu gestalten, man hat die Freiheit zu erschaffen und sich zu verbessern (für mehr Verantwortung). Man kann die Ergebnisse seiner Arbeit sehen und messen. Sehr schönes Büro und die Gehälter / Sonderleistungen sind über dem marktüblichen Durchschnitt.

Cons

Wie bei den meisten Neugründungen, kann es manchmal stressig werden. Man muss extrem vorsichtig sein, wie man mit externen Partnern umgeht, weil man die Verantwortung sowohl für die Kompetenz wie auch ein etwaiges Nichtvorhandensein desselben trägt.

epteca2014-12-21

"Spannende Firma, die mir haufenweise Möglichkeiten bietet und sehr achtbare Ziele verfolgt."

(Translated from English)

I have been working at epteca

Pros

Die Firma macht bei großem Umsatz eine Wachstumsphase und Veränderungen durch, was mich sehr beschäftigt hält und mir Spannung bietet, was der kommende Tag, die nächste Woche und der kommende Monat mir bieten wird. Tolle, faszinierende, strategische und schlaue Leute: - man arbeitet mit klasse Leuten - geistig anregend - Bezahlung und Zusatzleistungen stimmen - ein soziales Umfeld mit Struktur - internationales...

Cons

Für manche könnten dies Gegenargumente sein, aber für andere nicht, also nicht beachten, falls das Folgende euch interessiert. ;) Die Arbeit ist herausfordernd, vielfältig und schnell. Manchen passt das, andere straucheln beim Versuch, mit sich ständig neu entwickelnden Ideen, Zielen und Ausrichtungen mitzuhalten.

epteca2014-11-27