everis Reviews in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
everis CEO Benito Vázquez
Benito Vázquez

Pros
  • You'll learn a lot while you're here (in 9 reviews)

• People will help you and there is a good work environment (in 10 reviews)

"Amazing Potential"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at everis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I say amazing potential I mean it for both the employee and everis.

For the employee, like many of the reviews on here say, everis is a great place to start a career. Opportunities are made available for anyone at any office to pursue and management really does take the time to listen to you and if you choose to have a mentor even plan out a career path and a means to achieve it. Growth and salary increases are quick, if you can prove yourself, of course like anywhere else nothing is given and i'm glad everis shows an appreciation for hardwork(salary increases over 10% are not uncommon, I've heard of as high as 30%).You'll learn a lot while you're here. It can be true you may start in a supporting role doing mindless work, but if you show you're capable of more and ask for it you will get more and within a few months find yourself in lead roles. everis is what you make of it. Take full advantage and be a real team player and you'll do great. And no speaking Spanish is definitely not required, you'll have to listen to it at times (it's a spanish company with some spanish/hispanic employees), but never have to speak it.

As for the company, It's an exciting time to be part of everis as new projects and new business opportunities are coming in. There's the more recent healthcare initiative, IoT (internet of things), discussion of new clients and new large scale projects with existing clients, and collaborations with NTT Data. Yes, everis works mainly with companies with a spanish/latin american presence, but that isn't because everis can't sell anything outside of that, this is the strategy. It's a spanish company with a strong brand name in Europe and Latin america. everis USA isn't as large or well known as consulting firms you are familiar with here, but we are just as competitive if not more and for me the potential everis has to one day be a large name brand firm across the US like it is in so many other places across the globe and to be a part of that growth is so great.

Listing a few more pros:

Benefits package is amazing- 10% 401k 100% match, company paid health,dental,vision, etc.. for whole family, healthy living benefit, much more

Access to pluralsight/linda elearning platform

The people are great, they do a great job finding people with character

HR is engaged and theres always exciting news every month regarding new initiatives. Kinda gives you a startup company kind of feel.

Great team and office bonding activities planned throughout the year or at times spontaneously

Little travel if any, for the most part and in most cases, great to be able to go home to family every night, sleep in your own bed.

Cons

Not all projects have teams, so at times it can feel like you are working for someone else

I don't feel there is much encouragement for continuing education

Monthly paychecks aren't ideal, can be tough when just starting

No bonuses for those below director level as far as I know

Advice to Management

Consider broadening the business strategy and look into more opportunities outside of latin american companies doing business in the US.

2. "Great people, many opportunities, exciting experience"

Former Intern - Tech Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Tech Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at everis as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Due to the diversity of a consulting company and their rotational program, you get exposed to multiple different possible career paths. The size of their teams makes you an essential part of every project. Your coworkers (both internally and the client) are very inclusive and helpful.

Cons

The pay is on the low end for the Boston area, and there seems to be little structure for your internship within the individual teams. The days can be long, especially when you don't get paid overtime but the team often requires you to stay late or cut your lunch short.

Advice to Management

Fine tune your internship program and educate the individual team managers on their responsibilities and the program as a whole.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at everis (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to grow. Small but professional. They care about people.

Cons

challenging environment
    You won't have a handbook but at least you'll make decisions on your own

Advice to Management

Decide who you want to be in the US. Communicate with consistency.

"A company with potential and oppurtunties"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at everis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with everis for more than 4 years (when it was very new to US and especially Boston) . Learn a lot, worked with some fantastic people, had my share of ups and downs but overall enjoyed the journey. Moved on from everis recently

Key strengths
    People - From the youngest Intern to the execs, you can find some very smart people here.
    Above average compensation and some of the best benefits in the industry
    Open communication channels and you can speak openly on anything, anytime with anyone freely.
    Management continuously tries to instill a sense of pride with the employees. This gives a lot of confidence especially to the junior consultants to like their job.
    Strong core values and culture - and a conscious effort to adhere to them.
    Bottomline - if you’re good and add value to the everis, you will grow here.

Cons

Lack of client base - only a few key client accounts. One of the biggest concerns.
    Over -submissive to client demands and pressure.
    Took the company more than couple of years to understand the US Consulting market, were usually dependant on Spain / EU based firms before.
    Open communication is a strength but in the past, the feedback hasn’t been implemented. Recent changes to fix that observed.
    There’s a hint of bias and favoritism in some employees.

Advice to Management

Continue and enhance the values and culture of the company. That’s a key strength
    Prevent favoritism from creeping in.
    Give more freedom and leadership autonomy to new managers and directors.
    Hire a top notch Sales / Marketing senior from a top company with extensive business dev experience in US.

"Unless you are starving STAY AWAY FROM HERE!!!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at everis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits very good (yes, take advantage of them if you can)

Cons

A company where the upper management has to write five stars reviews here to make the company look better tells you all. This is sad and embarrassing fellas.
    Anyway, these guys, an Spaniard and a Portuguese (or Brazilian) "managers/directors" as they like to be called, used to punish me and my teammates at the bank, because we didn't have time to make no sense presentations for them about the work that I "was trying to do". I mean, dude! I have a ton of work left, its 6 PM, your client is paying us a lot to do my work, and you expect me to do this??? seriously?

Advice to Management

Consider hiring new Managers and Directors. Repeat with me, you are not a Big 4 consulting company, you are only a temporary staffing agency

everis Response

Jul 14, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Management and Recruiting

Since partnering with NTT DATA in 2013, the team continues to grow and learn from one another. We value the cultural diversity present at everis and our local talents' expertise allows us to makes ... More

"It's not a company for everybody: you must be very good at what you do and a quick learner"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at everis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very challenging environment with the best of a start up and the best of a big company.
    A place to learn and be expose to the biggest challenges of your career life.
    If you are above the average you should apply.

Cons

Still adapting to the local culture.

"Lies, deception, inefficiency, loss of career, more lies"

Former Employee - IT Changed So Often, Who Knows in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - IT Changed So Often, Who Knows in Boston, MA

I worked at everis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Vacation time - unlimited and no one tracks it so there's lots of time you can just not show up for work and everyone just assumes you had a day off. Since there's no work to do most days in the office are vacation days anyways. As long as you still bill the client for the time, everis management doesn't care.

- Company issued laptop - great to watch HBO GO or Netflix when you have nothing to do during the work day.

-Job Title - want a fancy job title like Management Consultant, Business Analyst, or Change Management Specialist? This is the place for you. You're actually not a consultant but a temp with an exaggerated job title.

Cons

- Salary - the bill rate being charged to client is tremendous compared to your pay.

- Co-workers - the decision-makers are from Spain and refuse to assimilate to the US customs, work environment, legal requirements and hygiene, (apparently daily showers aren't the norm in Spain). Anyone who stays at everis has no clue what an actual job is and has spent their undergrad working for free at multiple internships.

- Constantly Being Lied To - in regards to job role, function, promotions, etc. Basically anything you're told from the minute you start communicating with someone from everis is not true.

- No Work To Do - this sounds great until you're at month three and still sitting in an office somewhere counting down the seconds until you can leave.

- No Training - prepare to start at the client, (as there is and will only ever be one), with no idea what you're doing, who you're doing it for or what your job function will be.

- Anyone with work experience or the ability to get another job leaves this company within a year for a reason. They hire inexperienced recent grads and pay them a minuscule salary.

- Powerpoint Graphics - apparently nothing can be expressed unless it is on a powerpoint slide, littered with large, distracting graphics and ambiguous text that are there to mislead the viewer.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place. It's a toilet for your career and all of your work and life skills will greatly diminish.

Advice to Management

Fold the company because when the one client's project is done in two years, the company is over. No one will, or should in their right mind, hire anyone associated with everis.

"A Rewarding Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at everis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to succeed - The career model is built in a way that those who strive to meet/exceed the marks and expectations set out for them will excel within the organization. everis will reward you for the effort you put in, and not the effort you don't.
    Benefits - Insurance/Health&Lifestyle/Vacation//401k Matching exceed most other US firms.
    Stock Incentive - every employee is an owner of the company!

Cons

Growing Pains - Treated as a 'start-up' everis USA is in a critical period of its adolescence. Few major clients and a lack of ability to move about projects/offices is a small concern for those who are forward looking.

Advice to Management

everis' success story reaches far beyond Spain but throughout Europe and Latin America. Take what has worked in the past, adapt to the US environment and hire people who share the same vision, have a common goal and want to be a part of everis' success story here in the US.

Sky is the limit for everis USA!

"Hostile work environment, poor management"

I worked at everis full-time

Pros

Medical benefits are good. It is really hard to describe any additional pros.

Cons

Management, poor work life balance, poor pay and treatment to employees.

Advice to Management

Whit the current management model good employees and good team members will leave the company. Remember the biggest asset of the company are the employees.

"If you were thinking of working here... think again and RUN"

Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at everis full-time

Pros

Some of the best coworkers I've ever had were at Everis. Because of them the work day was more tolerable.

Cons

1. Bad management - they don't care about the concept of human capital. If the Company doesn't get it together and take care of its employees they will leave.
    2. No communication - management doesn't communicate with its employees and there is no job training. HR is trying to create an effective new hire orientation, but even that isn't enough to get you going on your new job.
    3. High turnover - at one point 3 to 4 people were leaving each month. It wouldn't be a big deal if Everis had a presence in the U.S., but they don't. There were a little more than 40 employees in the U.S. at the time. If 10% of your workforce is leaving each month, doesn't seem very sustainable to me.
    4. Rough culture - you will be working with people from Spain that have very different cultural standards from Americans. Upper level managers are inappropriate with female employees both physically and verbally, there is no sense of talking out problems - solving problems involves yelling, no one is ever on time to meetings and they are definitely not respectful of your time.

Advice to Management

Leave the U.S. Everis is a disaster and I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy.