eviCore healthcare Business Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

John J. Arlotta

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Franklin, TN

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

eviCore is immensely flexible and understanding of employee's differing life situations, allowing employees to work remotely if need be, and accommodating those who cannot always make it to work in the office. EviCore also has a fun and easygoing work environment and culture that makes people feel welcome and part of the team immediately.

Cons

On boarding and new hire orientation is almost non-existent. Also, continued career/skills development options are not easily accessible or offered.

Advice to Management

As I new hire I was placed with a younger, but unbelievably smart and talented supervisor that I was able to shadow, lean on, and learn from on a daily basis, which made my transition onto my team extremely smooth. Continue pairing new hires this way, as I have heard stories in which new employee's did not have a supervisor that was directly engaged with them on a day-to-day basis.

eviCore healthcare2018-11-12
  2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Analyst Business Intelligence in Nashville, TN

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees are friendly, helpful, and see the value in the work and impact to customers.

Cons

Be ready to hit the ground running. There are lots of documents and process to review to get acquainted and can be a bit overwhelming.

Advice to Management

It will be helpful to set aside time for training at a high level of the basics and role base specifics work in the first month. Reviewing so many things without formal guidance was a challenge.

eviCore healthcare2019-11-08

"This is 3.5 stars rounded up."

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work options a.k.a work from home. Friendly work environment.

Cons

A lot of change that is sometimes ill advised and disorganized.

Advice to Management

Recognize when you have talents; provide stronger training and clearer paths to promotions.

eviCore healthcare2017-08-21

"Business Analyst"

Business Analyst in Bluffton, SC

I have been working at eviCore healthcare

Pros

At my location you have face - to - face contact with the CEO who makes a very conscious effort to speak to all employees he sees. Are able to feel impactful. Really not a terrible place to work.

Cons

However, some of the people here think they know everything and come off very condescending, rude and that's if you're lucky enough for them to speak to you (and these are analysts). Very young and treat this job as if it is a joke.

Advice to Management

Make time for your employees

eviCore healthcare2016-04-22

"poor culture, poor product"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Franklin, TN

I worked at eviCore healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

work from home for some

Cons

I laughed out loud when, halfway through my meager employment at Evicore, I read a review that listed a pro as "if last company on earth." There are other reviews (by managers, doctors, and nurses) that speak to the disorganization, micromanagement, and misguided goals that constitute evicore's culture, but I will continue to harp on this point, because it affects your role so much that your work becomes a slow path toward irrelevance in the face of cultural barriers, where "every single day...is worse than the day before." I believe part of the reason for Evicore's disastrous culture is the company's’ unobtainable “strategic” objectives that inefficiently drives separate and uncoordinated groups within the firm. These five objectives, plastered on your computer desktop, aren’t actually strategic at all, but goals that the company wants to hit. What I think the company has lost in its aggressive desire for growth, is the importance of coordinating people. Without this, what is the purpose in an employee’s work? Am I really working just to hit some crazy growth number, so I can get a lousy bonus at the end of the year? Beyond a disconnected company culture, the ethics and efficacy of utilization management is a potential troubling barrier for an employee to overcome. Even if the company is successful, the resulting success is predicated on denying medical benefits to patients in programs that are poorly planned. While all UM advocates espouse health care cost savings, at what cost? Of course, some level of UM is needed to oversee physicians, but not this level or breadth. Increasing the paperwork for real doctors and nurses is not beneficial to the end consumer of health care - real patients and people, not abstracted “member lives” - and increases the administrative costs for providers, which is a health care cost. Costs aren’t saved, they’re shifted. Above my Kantian objections to UM or the clash of my desired work environment with Evicore's culture (these are potential barriers I could have overcome if I HAD to work there), Evicore's performance and HR management lack transparency, undermining each action you take, an insurmountable barrier for an employee that values their work and the care a company takes in their employees.

Advice to Management

focus on strategic objectives rather than petty goals

eviCore healthcare2016-04-08