eviCore healthcare "evicore" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

eviCore healthcare Employee Reviews about "evicore"

Updated Jul 2, 2019

3.6
eviCore healthcare CEO John J. Arlotta
John J. Arlotta
Pros
  • "flexibility in my schedule and ability to work from home, support from colleagues when questions arise(in 72 reviews)

• "The culture at eviCore is great(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "No specific downsides at eviCore(in 19 reviews)

• "Environment can become loud (ex: call center trainees) and may be distracting at times(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "evicore"

Return to all Reviews

"Fantastic corporate culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, SC

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

eviCore is the first company I have worked for in my adult life that places a premium on developing managers into effective leaders that uphold and encourage the growth and success of their teams, through empathy, flexibility and collaboration. Not just cheezy sayings, but the way they work here. I pinch myself daily that I can be here, be me, and be successful.

Cons

eviCore's environment is rapidly growing and changing. Someone who excels in that sort of world will thrive very naturally here, but it can be frustrating for folks who prefer a slow and steady pace.

eviCore healthcare2019-06-03
  2. "Culture is key!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at eviCore is great! Empowerment is a core value that is demonstrated regularly. Overall, the eviCore team wants each project to succeed and are willing to help get the job done. Work : Life balance is also encouraged--work hard when you are on the clock and then enjoy your time away (nights and weekends). Flexible with remote work (if in office), once competency is achieved. Positions available to... work remote, full time. Pay is competitive with local averages.

Cons

On-boarding and training is lacking. Need to be a self-starter and active/ situational learner, or you will not succeed.

eviCore healthcare2019-07-02

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Franklin, TN

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

eviCore is immensely flexible and understanding of employee's differing life situations, allowing employees to work remotely if need be, and accommodating those who cannot always make it to work in the office. EviCore also has a fun and easygoing work environment and culture that makes people feel welcome and part of the team immediately.

Cons

On boarding and new hire orientation is almost non-existent. Also, continued career/skills development options are not easily accessible or offered.

Advice to Management

As I new hire I was placed with a younger, but unbelievably smart and talented supervisor that I was able to shadow, lean on, and learn from on a daily basis, which made my transition onto my team extremely smooth. Continue pairing new hires this way, as I have heard stories in which new employee's did not have a supervisor that was directly engaged with them on a day-to-day basis.

eviCore healthcare2018-11-12
  4. "Mission, Vision, and Culture"

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time

Pros

eviCore truly believes in our mission, vision, culture, and core values. The consistent passion that people have for the work, and the pride they take in it is inspiring.

Cons

No specific downsides at eviCore.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster a culture of empowerment and growth.

eviCore healthcare2018-10-23

"Sr IT Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior IT Software Engineer in Franklin, TN

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

i have joined in Evicore around 4 months back and my personal opinion Evicore is one of the great company and working very inventively. i got an excellent help and very good coordination since from my on-boarding day, having really work life balancing . using very latest technologies . i am excited to take the opportunity in Evicore health and looking forward for the great carrier ahead.

Cons

i don't find any CONS

Advice to Management

nothing.

eviCore healthcare2018-10-11

"Blackballed"

Former Employee - Intake Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at eviCore healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. Absolutely unethical company that only cares about their upper management, who are backstabbing and clueless.

Cons

There are a lot but I will keep this short. I was with Evicore for almost 2 years and after being let go I spent 9 months looking for a job. I am highly qualified and just couldn't get hired. I finally reworked my resume and took Evicore off my resume. Wouldn't you know it, I got 3 job offers in a week! Hmmmm. So I did some research and asked a friend who worked in HR at a company to call for a reference for me.... Let's just say that Evicore is unethical and IS blackballing former employees who left the company when being terminated!!! I did further research and spoke to other former employees, and wouldn't you know it, they had the SAME issue. I am not surprised but I am appalled! My advice to anyone looking to work for this horrible company? Run!

Advice to Management

Learn the meaning of ethics!!!

eviCore healthcare2018-11-14

"disrespectful, greedy bullies manage eviCore (now part of Express Scripps)"

Former Employee - Medical Director

I worked at eviCore healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

work from home part time options many of the other medical directors and almost all the nurses were wonderful human beings trying their best to do a great job. support staff are wonderful human beings

Cons

eviCore was recently bought by ExpressScripps. This is the second major takeover I endured in three years. This company is all about creating the appearance of profit so that upper management will earn bonuses for the next merger. Trying to get your job done well is very stressful in this environment. Management is far too ignorant of the processes used by the company; worse yet they are ignorant of their... ignorance. They fear intelligence in the ranks, since those individuals might replace them or reveal their ignorance. Employees are disrespected in public (conference call meetings for example) while attempting to help management avoid mistakes. Employees, even the MDs (Medical Doctors) such as myself, are considered unintelligent. HR is run by bullies. Company culture is very anti-employee. Review your contract carefully, then negotiate. The process likely won't result in a better contract, but you will at least understand the beast you are considering letting into your life. Outsourcing as many jobs as possible to other countries is DEFINITELY in eviCore's long term plans. Don't plan on working here very long! Since most jobs are remote, this is technically feasible. Only laws and regulations stand in their way. Company dysfunction including constant technical dysfunction made my job exceedingly difficult. It consisted mostly of phone calls with MDs who often had been waiting 5 or 15 or 25 minutes on hold. Understandable, they were pretty irate before I even said hello. Management made no allowances; quality reviews were frequent and tough. No real support for the individual who genuinely wants to improve their job performance (there was one notable exception in my case). HR and management were all talk, no action in this arena. Significant bonuses were a myth; don't change how you work in hopes of getting a bonus. A 1.5-3% raise was common, however. Management would delegate their work to regular employees and not reward them in any way, not even praise. Over the years I worked there, my paid vacation was decreased by a week per year. A significant raise granted by a prior manager was erased by a subsequent manager (without a change in title / position). Productivity requirements are unrealistic for the position. Be prepared to listen to many abusive, unhappy clients telling you that you have sold your soul to work for eviCore.

Advice to Management

please start listening to your experienced employees; many upper level management initiated changes are mistakes that could be avoided if you would. the healthcare industry is different- integrity matters. you appear to have no appreciation that mistakes may affect patients' health.

eviCore healthcare2018-10-10
  8. "Intake Representative non clinical contact center"

Current Employee - Intake Representative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Career pathing, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and no weekends! The company culture and core values are very well known and demonstrated from front line employees up to the CEO. Tremendous amount of opportunity for growth and continuous development. Support from management and supervisors. With eviCore communication is key! Monthly bonus opportunity. 16 paid Voluntary community service hours.

Cons

Nothing particular to report. I would recommend to my friends.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage the employees.

eviCore healthcare2018-08-01
  9. "supervisor"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Have been with the company For 12 years and have enjoyed every moment of it. The overall vibe of eviCore is one of caring and support. They want to see you and help you succeed if you want to. The opportunity to advance in tiers or to go to another department you are encouraged and given the tools to help you succeed.

Cons

I really do not have any con’s at this time, they seem to be doing things right at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, growing your employees is very important and you are focused on doing just that. I appreciate the positive atmosphere and the ongoing support keep up the good work.

eviCore healthcare2018-08-01
  10. "Love EviCore"

I have been working at eviCore healthcare

Pros

Health Care, 401 K, company events, fun people to work with, PTO, Remote Work Availability. Honestly, I love working here. Room for tremendous growth. Show up, do your job and the opportunity is there. I started as in-office employee for the best Supervisor (they’re all great though) there, and within six months I was remotely working from home.

Cons

Coverage is good, but it could be better. Other than that. Nothing. As long as you are showing up to work and not a constant no show then you will not have a problem at EviCore.

Advice to Management

Being honest, thanks for giving me the opportunity .That’s all.

eviCore healthcare2018-07-28