eviCore healthcare "evicore" Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2019

3.6
eviCore healthcare Chairman and Chief Executive Officer John J. Arlotta
John J. Arlotta
  1. "Great Place for Opportunities"

Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in Bluffton, SC

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

eviCore is a growing and innovative company. The culture is changing to one of a highly collaborative and innovative work environment. The company has a strong commitment to achieving their core values and goals. eviCore has many wonderful people and teams which makes it worth while to come to work.

Cons

Can be fast paced and demanding at times.

Advice to Management

Keep the pedal to the floor as we march toward defining and developing our new culture and growing the business.

eviCore healthcare2016-12-29

"Agent View"

Senior Agent in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at eviCore healthcare

Pros

A team that works with you and for you. Not just a team you are working for. Uplifting and positive work place showing that even the people you work with can be family too. Tons of support available.

Cons

At this time there is nothing I can say to prove that there are any Cons to working at eviCore. It is a strong growing company with even stronger upper management that knows how to put their employees first.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, it's truly inspiring to see a team that works for you and is working for us.

eviCore healthcare2016-11-03

"IT / PMO"

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As an IT Program Manager, I feel privileged to work with the Project Managers and Business Analysts on my team. eviCore healthcare has given me the opportunity to improve my management skills, hone my skills as a project manager, and afford me flexibility and support at all times.

Cons

Having multiple offices sometimes makes team connections more difficult; this is eased by video conferencing and video phones.

eviCore healthcare2016-10-30

"One of the Best Companies to Grow from Within"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Franklin, TN

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with Evicore for almost two years. After my first year within the company the HR department started developing me and introducing me to the leaders of the business. I had one on one's with almost every leader in a matter of months. They were intrigued to know about myself and my skill set. Evicore was very impressed with my work ethic and ability to conquer problems. Evicore allowed me to create a job description in which our department needed and now I am doing my ideal job. I travel and help patients and nurses every day. I love my job!

Cons

Evicore is still a growing company and there are still growing pains. However they are minor compared to other companies.

Advice to Management

Always be honest , be yourself and never gossip.

eviCore healthcare2016-10-31

"Great Company Focused on Growth"

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time

Pros

1. eviCore's culture- gives employees a sense of empowerment. While I have a supervisor, I feel like I am empowered to make my own schedule for the most part, as long as the work I have to get done, get's done. Which in turn, provides for a great work-life balance. 2. Growth driven results. EviCore has been in the market since the early 90's and has grown exponentially to where we are now....and the important part is....we aren't stopping. Our pipeline potential is at an all time high, and with the acquisition of QPID, our breadth of products will be increasing soon.

Cons

1. Salary increases-why is it so hard to keep the role that you are in and receive a decent salary increase? It seems as if you have to change departments to receive more money, when instead eviCore should be increasing salaries for employees that are in their current positions. The movement from departments has potential to get sloppy, and cause a lapse in operational efficiency.

Advice to Management

See Cons...

eviCore healthcare2016-10-27
  6. "Anonymous"

in Bluffton, SC

I have been working at eviCore healthcare for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy working for eviCore because it never gets boring and the people I work with are great! They have thorough training programs to prepare you for success. The company values flexibility by offering remote work opportunities and flexible schedules.

Cons

It would be nice to have a clear career path to use as a guide to progress within the company.

Advice to Management

There are many great managers at eviCore, but there are some who could use development in areas such as communication, time management and investing in the growth of their staff.

eviCore healthcare2016-10-21

"EviCore Healthcare is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me AND my family"

Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at eviCore healthcare full-time

Pros

Very dynamic, growing company, with LOTS of opportunity. Management CARES about it's employees - I consider my EviCore Managers and Co-Workers as part of MY FAMILY. I was seriously ill recently and had to have surgery, and my Managers and Co-workers cared about ME and my well-being as well as my family's well-being. It's the first time that I had to use my benefits for anything serious, and I was so well cared for by my managers, HR, the Health Plan that I have through EviCore, and I saw that EviCore was very concerned about me as person and treated me like FAMILY. In the years I have been with EviCore, I have been and continue to be amazed by the wonderful training I received, the encouragement I receive, the respect and appreciation I receive, and the wonderful opportunity for growth as a nurse and as a person. I am able to help so many patients every single day, and when I was recently a patient, thanks to EviCore, I received excellent medical care, the right imaging and treatments from the best Medical Team in the city where I live. The preventative care that I receive through my benefits at EviCore truly did save my life, and I was so ill, I was really overwhelmed personally and physically, and EviCore made the whole experience easier for me and my physicians who really appreciated the wonderful service that EviCore provided to them so that my Doctors could focus on me and my care knowing that Evicore was there to help us to make sure I received the right care, the best of care, at the right time for the right reason. For the last 7 years and going forward, I have a Nursing job that I love, I look forward to going to work every single day, I couldn't wait to get back to work after my surgery so as soon as I was able, my doctors allowed me to return to work sooner than expected. Through the training and excellent management at EviCore, I have grown as a nurse and as a person. EviCore truly cares about the patients that they serve, and their employees. It is very exciting to work for such a dynamic and growing company, and I hope to be with EviCore in any capacity as they continue to grow and serve providers and patients.

Cons

I have No cons to mention.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the honor and the privilege to work at EviCore Healthcare.

eviCore healthcare2016-10-04

"Clinical Reviewer"

Clinical Reviewer

I have been working at eviCore healthcare

Pros

Work from home, save on gas

Cons

Completely unethical practices. I have been per diem for a couple of years now and out of nowhere with no warning was sent an email stating per diem could only work 8 hours per week for the month in August and now again in September, yet, are allowing overtime to full and part time Clinical Reviewers. Tell me how that makes sense and is ethical practice? Totally incompetent and irrational impulsive decisions. The answer all of us per diems got when we asked "how is this ethical?" Was management DICTATES per diem. Well thank you management for cutting our legs out from under us without a care. It does not take rocket science to figure out how much money would be saved utilizing your per diem nurses instead of paying 14 dollars more on the hour of regular base pay for the regular CR's. Unfortunately, as always EviCore will lose more outstanding nurses due to this. Some of us have been supervisory RNs in past jobs and know this is not how you treat your employees as well as lose quality of calls due to burning the other nurses out already doing full time.

Advice to Management

Wake up. You are stretching the line too far with unethical practices and allowing room for future investigations of poor decision making and legalities.Treat your employees better. You have some excellent RNs you are definitely going to lose.

eviCore healthcare2016-09-09

"CDS"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Bluffton, SC

I worked at eviCore healthcare part-time

Pros

Growing company with so much potential. Decent pay not hard work. Chance to work remote. Communication with co- worker as well as health plans from all over the Us.

Cons

some sups don't care about the growth of employees. There is no communication between the floor and management. We are the voice of this company and we are the key to eviCores success. There would never be this much negative feedback if the doors are open to express concerns. Why hire call center employees with no medical background and expect them to have a intelligent conversation with health plans. That's unprofessional!! These employees should only do case build. I got terminated after six months with no write ups and never called out. Do to my work space being disturb and my response to disturbance. Honesty isn't the best policy here. There should have never been a termination of employment by a eviCore employee that works out of Florida when I work from South Carolina office over the phone. Smh.... I have my EKG tech as well as medical assistant . Knows medical terminology fluently. Some supervisors probably have no medical education. If eviCore doesn't come up with a way to stop it high turnover rate . We will no longer have a Bluffton location.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat employees like their more than just a number. Be more understanding to our needs and concerns. Don't allow the pressure management is under be taken out on floor. You have some wonderful employees that really enjoy what they do and my punishment definitely didn't fit my crime. When you have auditors emailing you on the excellent communication you have with callers . The sad part is I'm almost 40 and looked at eviCore as being my place of retirement. Instead of was robbed of my future.

eviCore healthcare2016-05-03

"Company culture fell apart once CCN purchased Medsolutions. Costic CCN environment, was adopted. Very disappointed."

Former Employee - Management in Nashville, TN

I worked at eviCore healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Small pockets of team comrodery still exist, keeping people sane. There unfortunately is very little Pros to list for evicore.

Cons

Costic environment, not aloud to speak unless spoken to, loss of autonomy, disrespectful towards employees and existing client relationships. I would not recommend anyone to this company, at this time.

Advice to Management

Practicing military style tactics in a corporate environment is not acceptable and considered abusive behavior. Yelling at people at the top of your lungs and trying to pass it off as military style management is a disgrace to the uniform, that is no longer being worn. Company will amount to little unless changes are made at the top.

eviCore healthcare2016-04-17