flok Reviews | Glassdoor

Ido Gaver

1. "Different view"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at flok full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well, I was treated well at flok.
    It was a very young company at the time I started working for flok, and the management (in-spite of some cultural differences) - had always been honest and clear with the team.
    The vibe was always positive on my team.
    The product was constantly moving in the right direction.

Cons

We added during these years some employees that weren't good enough for a company of that size. The management wasnt very quick about letting them go - that was a mistake.

Advice to Management

Have more fun, working at flok is demanding and employees need (in my opinion...) some more perks.

"Flok is at a great place right now"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at flok full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flok has really come a long way since its inception. It has experienced all the typical birth pains of a start up company and is now in the 'honeymoon phase'. The team is stellar, the product is something to be proud of and all the hard work of the past few years is paying off.

Cons

People are driven to the max. It's a great personal growth and learning opportunity but definitely not for the faint hearted :-)

Advice to Management

Keep the positive attitude going at all costs. It really makes a difference!

"DO NOT JOIN OR DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

If you are the type of person who learn from other people mistakes - this is the company for you.

Good people

Cons

I was debating for a while if to share my experience but after reading some of the fake positive reviews I felt I have to warn other job seekers. This is a horrible company, that should not be part of the city business community.

The company is being led by the weakest CEO I ever met. His lack of experience, his dishonesty, and his incredible poor leadership skills ruined everything good that happened in the company. Their incompetence will turn working there into the worst professional experience of your life. The office space is horrible, there are no perks (maybe falafel and some bad beer), and you will be cheated by them (they steal commissions) . This company is shady and the product is quite stupid. DO NOT JOIN OR DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Advice to Management

Quit. The board should quit too.

"avoid if possible"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

Pros

good idea of a product, nice office location

Cons

CEO would often change our monthly goals at the end of the month to avoid having to pay out the agreed-upon bonuses structure found in our employment agreements. product didn't work well combined with shady billing methods with no refund policies ended up with high customer turnover and constant angry customers. Then they fired everyone at the company who wasn't israeli

Advice to Management

not sure where to start. sell the company and become data analysts or accountants or something. leave the app development marketplace to the professionals.

"Stay Away!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at flok full-time

Pros

Great co workers.... That's about it.... Oh! And beer... Sometimes we get terrible Israeli beer.

Cons

The majority of these other reviews have got to be fake.

- The office space is terrible! It is old and run down, the heat barely works (many keep space heaters at their desks and/or wear coats through the fall and winter) no hot water, and a bit of a cockroach problem.... I wish this was an exaggeration.

-The product offering is poor, most often due to the habit of rushing out new features before fixing what was already broken.

- The constant flow of unhappy clients mostly due to the opaque billing and cancellation policies.

- Most employees come in under the impression that the company is successful, fast paced, and fun... Most employees also start looking for a new job within the first month.

-Those that stay past the first few weeks are generally let go in less than a year.

- Senior managers have no management skill or experience.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to what your employees are constantly telling you!

"Sales Exec"

Pros

Start up culture, small office (very nyc), great perks and great product

Cons

None so far - the office is in a great location but could be bigger

"Close knit team, focused on progress"

I have been working at flok full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employee dynamics--the flok team aren't just co-workers, they're friends. The creativity, ideas and customer service are strong. There's always laughter and fun happening in the office aside from how hard each and every employee works. The product has improved IMMENSELY since it was initially created! It's geared towards small businesses who want a full service marketing platform and customer loyalty retention tool.

Cons

In need of office update. Any common misconceptions from previous businesses who had signed up with us leaving bad reviews.

"Account Executive"

Pros

There are no pros and folks they don't know how to treat employees or customers

Cons

Worst employer that I have ever worked for. horrible communication and business practices

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat employees and communication

flok Response

Oct 7, 2015 – Director, Account Management

I wanted to publicly address this post as it's not from an actual employee, we have never had 'Account Executive' as a job title. This is clearly written from the context of what looks to be a ... More

"Greatest job I've ever had."

Pros

I've worked in the SaaS space for over 8 years now and flok (previously LoyalBlocks) is the greatest company I've ever worked for. In less than 2 years I've been promoted twice and I love the people I work with. Each day we get to tackle real challenges and break the algorithmic '9-to-5' lifestyles of a lot of companies today.

The product is every evolving, the office is the coolest office ever and I feel like I'm actually apart of something special.

Cons

Could use a little more company outings outside the office

"Headed in the right direction"

I have been working at flok full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great startup environment. Huge earning potential. Solid product. Small team. No mirco-management. Free food. Relaxed culture. Tremendous value in product offering.

Cons

Small office. Moving too fast at times. Too focused on growth versus establishing a near flawless product first.

Advice to Management

Listen to ALL employees. Not just upper management. Senior level employees also have solid ideas and opinions that can push the company in a positive direction. Pursue quality clients. Not poor quantity.