focus pointe global Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Focus"

I have been working at focus pointe global part-time

Pros

flexible, good for the moment

Cons

dont know how to make a schedule

2. "Upper Management Trouble"

I worked at focus pointe global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great for your facility if you only had to deal with your local management, crazy hours but everyone makes it fun

Cons

Upper management is uneducated in how things should be going. The facility directors are good but their bosses are what is wrong. No chance for movement forward.

Advice to Management

Learn basic HR for your upper management. Questions about employees lives are not fair questions, and this is not high school anymore. Also don't spend money on a new logo, give raises to the front line employees instead.

"So/So"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at focus pointe global part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to meet some great clients and enjoy the Santa Monica area.

Cons

Schedule not given out until the day before you work. Manager completely lost on updated people skills and technology. No where to move up the chain. Major turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Revisit leadership courses. Teach the person below you your job. Trust the people you hire. You hired them why not?

5. "Great Opportunity to Meet Interesting People"

Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

Tons of interesting studies to work on with high profile clients

Cons

very difficult to move up in the company. It is an awesome gateway job, though; excellent opportunity to meet high profile people

Advice to Management

Consider every employee's gifts and talents, during my time I witnessed several staff members go unnoticed due to labeling.

6. "Customer Service Rep. (CSR)"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

Pros

Pretty easy work most of the time. The work is interesting in that you see first hand how focus groups are conducted. Very flexible schedule, you work the days/times you can- no set schedule.

Cons

Sometimes, you are required to work past 11pm. Some Clients can't be hard to work with. Maintaining CSRs can be tough, as the company does not provide any benefits to CSRs and absolutely NO raises to CSRs even if you're an extremely good worker, or you've worked for the company for 5+ years- do not expect to get even a dime as a raise.

Advice to Management

While the CSR position is at the bottom of the hierarchy, study's can't happen without CSRs. There's many moving parts/tasks. The turnover for CSRs is awful. Having to retrain new CSRs is extremely inefficient. Providing other incentives or even raises will help keep good workers at FPG.

7. "Recruiter"

Pros

Other recruiters are nice and try to help if they can

Cons

Sometimes you get sent home after just two hours of work, upper management never gives praise good work, upper management has "favorites", asking for a raise is asking to get fired and laughed at, no yearly reviews, some supervisors are clueless about how to supervise, law suits waiting to happen!!!

Advice to Management

Have a policy and stick to it. If it goes for one it should go for all...no exceptions. Try giving yearly reviews to the people who keep you business running. Try giving raises!!! How as a business can you never give raises to the people who work their button off EVERYDAY

8. "Don't even bother"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at focus pointe global part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The location of the office is great. Right within the heart of downtown, making public transportation easily accessible. The office is aesthetically pleasing and you run across some really great people. My co-workers were very friendly and a lot more helpful then management.

Cons

The managers lack patience and breeze through all of the information and expect you not to make any mistakes within just one week of starting. They are also quite rude and condescending. They also do not provide lunch breaks(which is illegal). You are on your feet for a majority of the day and running errands, so you can only imagine how much of an appetite you work up. However, you do have permission to scarf down what you can during your down time. When you make a mistake, management will also belittle you in front of clients.

Advice to Management

Provide better training and work on your patience. Also, try speaking to your counterparts as if they are human beings and not in a condescending, belittling tone.

"recruiter"

Former Employee - Direct Marketing Research Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Direct Marketing Research Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at focus pointe global (Less than a year)

Pros

Isiah Black was a great manager, as long as you did your job he didn't micromanage. the coffee was good, they wanted you to leave on time because they didn't want to pay anybody overtime. the working environment was fun if you sat next to other workers that had great personalities and who had been there for a while and didn't mind showing you the ropes from time to time.

Cons

You could literally spend every minute at your desk making calls and trying to survey potential candidates but if you don't meet a prescribed quota for that shift you are strongly frowned upon and then an assessment of your every key stroke during that time takes place with management. Some of the screenings are pretty lengthy though so if you don't have many key strokes there were a myriad of reasons as to why that would be so; maybe the screenings were too long and it limited the number of candidates you could interview let alone qualify for each study, maybe not enough of the potentials answered your call, maybe they did and when they called back it got routed to another recruiter who would then get the credit for it if your line couldn't be transferred to. The list goes on. Also you are told in orientation that obviously because focus group studies are conducted with compensation all of the calls we make to potential interviewees are expected so we would never be expected to "solicit" calls because everyone you're calling supposedly requested that we call.......NOT TRUE!! within my first few weeks I was asked repeatedly by "potential interviewees" "how did you get my number because I never signed up for this?" So when management was asked the reply given was, "oh well sometimes if they are on a certain site and they provide their contact information and the product is relevant to what our focus group would be about, we can extract that information from that site or that site may forward it to us without their knowledge." so needless to say sometimes that made it very difficult to find prospective candidates because you began to get hung up on.

10. "Work Ethics"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at focus pointe global part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the day goes by quick working there

Cons

the managers does not know how to communicate professionally to their employees. very disrespectful

Advice to Management

GEt a better attitude and have more respect for your employees

11. "Marketing Research Recruiter"

I worked at focus pointe global part-time

Pros

I was a full time student while working here and they were flexible with my hours. Very understanding with my classes.

Cons

Its not the most exciting job. I got really bored. But it was a job and I needed the money.

Advice to Management

None