francesca's Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management doesn't always listen (in 114 reviews)

• The work-life balance is terrible (in 23 reviews)

"Rules That Don't Make Sense"

Former Employee - Sales Associate - Stylist in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate - Stylist in Nashville, TN

I worked at francesca's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Occasionally super cute outfits, cute jewelry, great deals, warm environment. Usually always a sale going on in at least one department.

Cons

Not gonna sugar coat it🙅🏽 Whoever is in charge of the rules regarding customer satisfaction is an idiot. You can't force deals and recited verbiage on customers if you want them to be comfortable and enjoy their shopping experience!!

Some people take conversation real well & are looking for specific items; others just want to be left alone & just look around! We've all been there, and the attitude from some customers when you greet them is enough for you to know to respect their space!

I've made great sales and conversations with customers without the annoying verbiage, in a genuine way. The info video for stylists is cringe-worthy and puts the customers in an annoying situation, which is totally understandable!!

Smh, get it together & actually take your employees' ideas/natural verbal examples into consideration.

Advice to Management

Consistency isn't key if your customers are scurrying away from sales associates who make it obvious that they're reciting words in order to make sales.☝🏽✌🏽

2. "Key Holder"

Pros

There is schedule flexibility here

Cons

Sometimes not a lot of hours

3. "Great place to start!"

I have been working at francesca's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- people first company
    -great product
    - creative freedom to be yourself and do what's right for your boutique
    - great discount
    - growing company, always evolving, but really listens to the guest and the field

Cons

- high turnover, due to low pay unless you are management
    - very little you can do about internal theft, not a lot of systems in place to catch things or do anything about them at all

4. "It's a Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Team Leader
    Current Employee - Assistant Team Leader

I have been working at francesca's part-time

Pros

pays well, the company cares about you, work/life balance

Cons

retail environment, so the hours change and working holidays occurs

5. "Would recommend. Minor changes could be made"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at francesca's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, laid back atmosphere to work in. Very guest experience focused and not too concerned about tasking.

Cons

The pay is not good for the position I am and the work I put into it. Also for everyone under BTL the discount could be better for us

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when there are problems or issues. Appreciate the work we do for the boutique and look into the pay for each position.

6. "Forcing employees to be pushy only turns off customers"

Former Employee - Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at francesca's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    Cute clothes and accessories
    A small discount
    They try to have excelling customer service
    Management is very involved

Cons

Forces employees to be way too pushy with customers
    Employees literally have to follow a script to determine what they say to customers
    "The promise" is absurd to customers and employees alike

Advice to Management

Focus more on allowing employees to have their own way to reach out and satisfy customers and less on following a scripted promise

"Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at francesca's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff was pleasant to work with. And honestly that was just about it.

Cons

My manager personally didn't do a great job of making her employees feel valued. When she talked to you about your performance she would belittle you or talk down. And then upper level management didn't make you feel any better. When someone said they talked to the district it was only because someone was in trouble. I finally quit when my manager called the store to say "if I were to talk to every costumer in the store right now about your performance how would you think they'd respond?" I'm sorry, but that isn't going to make your employees feel like you actually value them or care for their improvement. Don't start off the conversation belittling me, just straight up and tell me someone wasn't greeted and I was notified that's it! Management knew from the very beginning that I was working a full time job and this part time job, they did not care. My manager told me the night I quit that it was "unfortunate" that I had my full time job. So if you have another job whether it be FT or PT this company will not care. With my 40 hours from my full time job, they would still schedule me roughly 20 hours a week, and you have to work on weekends even though that means I worked 6 sometimes 7 days a week. They did not care that I would work 14 hour days and sometimes everyday, my manager said that was unfortunate. I also think the Fran Promise (which is how the whole store runs) is not practical.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I can make a list of what I think needs to change but it's useless. I think this store will be going out of business in the near future. Their products are already being sold at Marshalls at more than half the cost in the stores.

8. "ATL"

I have been working at francesca's full-time

Pros

Room for growth within company, culture is very positive and supportive, upper management cares about employees, company is constantly learning and evolving, great product

Cons

The high standard of customer service expected can be tiring at times, but that is what our customers have grown to expect.

"Terrible job"

Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at francesca's part-time

Pros

Great learning experience but I would not recommend working here

Cons

Pushy sales technique for low quality clothing. Uncomfortable work environment. I worked at a location that could not keep an employee for longer than a few months because management made employees feel unwelcome, unwanted and just simply uncomfortable. The pay was low and you do not receive time and a half for holiday's.

10. "Enjoyable Experience"

I have been working at francesca's full-time

Pros

great work-life balance considering it's retail. good bonus potential. really cute clothes and 50% off discount for BTL position. lots of interaction with district manager.

Cons

pay for team is on the low end. part-time managers make 10.40 with very very little wiggle room or flexibility in starting pay.

Advice to Management

Give more flexibility with starting pay for team. Sometimes the stylist starting is too much but sometimes the sales lead pay is too low. Would be nice to have some say with pay.