KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

goFLUENT Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2022

Found 135 of over 186 reviews

3.6
goFLUENT CEO Christophe Ferrandou (no image)
Christophe Ferrandou
Pros
  • "Great work environment, great learners, great managers(in 16 reviews)

• "They are now expanding to new countries and still the work environment is really good(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Trainers are overwhelmed by the daily high number of their learners(in 20 reviews)

• "No benefits, no salary increase, feeling of loneliness after some time(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,873

959 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great opportunity, amazing global culture

Nov 29, 2021 - Sales in Quakertown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Market dynamics in the USA have created immense opportunity (which for sales is everything!!) - Partnerships with the most important LMS and LXP players in the market - Amazing corporate culture, global collaboration, great alignment - Awesome CSM support!

Cons

- Staying focused on my biggest opportunities can be a challenge because of demand from individuals and smaller organizations which are not our core - Pandemic has made it difficult to travel -- I miss the sales meetings in Spain, Milan, etc once or twice a year where I get to see my colleagues f2f - US office location in Quakertown is both a pro and con -- it's a great office with quick access to Phila, Lehigh Valley and NYC, but can be a longer drive for some. Thankfully the commute is worth it!

2. 2.0
      Current Employee

has benefits, but a lot of drawbacks

Nov 10, 2021 - Corporate English Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with a lot of interesting people from different countries.

Cons

The money. There are no raises. You have to pay for your own equipment. There are no benefits and no sick leave. And, if you have tech trouble, they will more than likely try not to pay you for the time you spend fixing it.

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Learners have issues and so do i!

Sep 7, 2021 - English Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice to work with students in other countries.

Cons

A number of students complained about poor teachers, teachers with heavy accents, teachers who lacked knowledge of English, poor communication with corporate. Low starting pay that apparently never increases. Teachers expected to generate a report after each lesson, but no pay for time to prepare those. Horrible, petty, overbearing supervision. Corporate people don't speak English.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Bad

Oct 1, 2021 - Personal Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work at home is good

Cons

Poor pay. Not paid for time required to do job

5. 5.0

Great Company

Jul 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Adaptable to changing market Opportunity to work with people around the world Interesting work

Cons

Workload is heavy at times but it's interesting and motivating

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Students, Below Average Company

Aug 23, 2021 - Corporate English Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work was rewarding and I made many great international business connections.

Cons

I worked for this company for about 3 years. During that time, I received a $0.25 raise while working essentially full time. Direct manager performed poorly.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee

make it work

Mar 2, 2021 - Teacher in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

you get to make your own schedule

Cons

night time hours are difficult

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

English Trainer, Mostly Happy with a few Caveats

Jun 26, 2019 - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

This job has given me more freedom than any other job. I have never had it easy in office environments. This one is sustainable. It is so interesting and wonderful to have feelers out in the world, to be able to know what's going on in a different place at that moment. Teaching people English is a very rewarding experience. I've learned so much. The training was long but I am a patient person. I have put a lot into this job, and not received a lot in return.

Cons

This job has given me more freedom than any other job has ever given me. But, living in New York, you need $700 a week minimum, not $700 a month. I have come to the conclusion that this works in the US as an extra job. If you are in the Philippines, Romania, Poland or other countries where $13 per hour is considered a good income, then you won't have a problem financially for exchanging your time for this low pay. No raise in sight, ever. Now let's talk about the system used for booking. The portal we use, it's great for someone living in the year 2000, when this company was founded. It seems it hasn't been updated since that year. Trainers should have the ability to cancel lessons any time, the same way students are (within reason), and from what I hear from students, they are pressured to complete their lessons in a short time frame, so perhaps this is why some of them write nasty emails when you by chance are not available. The system of this company is made to not favor the trainer. If you are booked for a lesson, you are locked in. Either way, be prepared to be on the losing end of this equation. In Pay and in Treatment. Never say you are available and God forbid have something come up, like a job that pays you 3x as much, but you still OWE GoFluent. My personal worst moment: sobbing on the street at a bus stop in Europe because I just missed my bus to get to my hostel to teach a lesson, for fear of my standing going down as a result of this system. Also, said hostel not having good internet. As this is a remote job, there should be an understanding that things can change, that all is not lost if one thing goes wrong with a lesson. You are not notified about lesson observations sometimes at the moment the lesson observation is going to start. I don't mind about this, but perhaps it would be good to look into why this is.

11 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0

Full time employee’s advice: STAY AWAY

May 8, 2020 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hmmmm cannot really think of any aside from getting paid ok time and having *some* benefits...

Cons

Just stay away from this company.

11 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Part Time work with higher-than-part-time-work salary

Sep 18, 2017 - Corporate English Trainer in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for this company for 10 years now. It is a company that I am truly proud to work for. The company is constantly expanding and upgrading it's services to be the best in the business. I get to see a side of the world that most don't. I have learners on every continent (except Antarctica) and have learned so much about the world through these experiences. I appreciate the flexible schedule, the ability to work at unconventional hours and accountability without being micromanaged.

Cons

1. You only get paid when you do a lesson (not when you're available)- which ebbs and flows during busy seasons, however due to global expansion efforts the slow seasons are to a minimum. But you are paid if the learner doesn't show up. 2.There are NO benefits. Your salary is your salary. No health, no PTO, no sick days. However, you are allowed to take off as much scheduled time off as you want (just without pay). Great for school aged moms, retirees and people who don't need the benefits.

10 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 135 Reviews

goFLUENT Reviews FAQs

goFLUENT has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 186 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at goFLUENT to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, goFLUENT employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at goFLUENT. This rating has improved by 16% over the last 12 months.

64% of goFLUENT employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated goFLUENT 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at goFLUENT to be workplace, work life balance, coworkers and the cons to be career development, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with goFLUENT Job Seekers