guardNOW Reviews | Glassdoor

guardNOW Reviews

Updated Dec 16, 2017

Found 16 reviews

2.1
guardNOW CEO Zabi Kator (no image)
Zabi Kator
  1. "guard"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at guardNOW part-time for less than a year

Pros

hours are great and kool

Cons

pay was bad and no people skills

Advice to Management

get better do better great job

guardNOW2017-12-16

"Gaurd Now is a rip off..."

Former Employee - Security Officer in Hawthorne, CA

I worked at guardNOW part-time

Pros

No pros at all to report

Cons

To many Con's to mention...

Advice to Management

Stop ripping your Employed off...

guardNOW2017-07-12

"worst place to work"

Former Employee - Arms Security Guard in D Lo, MS

I worked at guardNOW full-time for less than a year

Pros

Never try to work this place

Cons

Worst companey ever had my life

Advice to Management

closed co

guardNOW2017-03-19

"Security Guard"

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Guard in Hawthorne, CA

I have been working at guardNOW full-time for less than a year

Pros

At least they will give you a job.

Cons

They always have an excuse every 2 weeks as to why they can't pay you on time. Always something different. Payroll department is lousy in returning phone calls regarding your paycheck. This company is poorly run. I got another job before I quit and I am still waiting on my paycheck from 2 weeks ago.

Advice to Management

Take some business management classes and learn how to run a business correctly. Learn how to run your payroll department with people that know what they are doing and not just hiring anyone whose name you pull out of a HAT!!!!!!!!!!!

guardNOW2017-03-18

"The Company Are Big Liars"

Security Guard in Hawthorne, CA

I worked at guardNOW

Pros

The good thing about them they will let you work a lot of hours all you want.

Cons

This company want pay you on time and checks bounce when you do get them. You get paid on the 7th and 22 of the month. Supposely they are mailing them out to you, on them dates . which there never on time, Checks never get to you. The point we were getting paid once a month and thy never have funds in acct to cover them that another week for you to go in office so they can write another check, Under another acct... there back Wells Fargo wont cash their checks.

Advice to Management

They say their getting it together for January, They are big Liars, I set in the office and listened to them , And everytu=ime you call they want answer and they got the receptionist lying,

guardNOW2017-01-15

"Manager"

Former Employee - Management in Hawthorne, CA

I worked at guardNOW full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast pace, nice location. There's no Pros about this company. Except if you want to abused on a daily basis and never get paid

Cons

CEO is a thief, never paid his employees. Bad attitude, discriminated against certain race and cultures. Three months later still haven't been paid

Advice to Management

Pay people for their work, stop scammed people that they will make lots of money and giving them Titles. High turnover since Mike would not pay his employees. STAY AWAY

guardNOW2016-12-27

"Worst company in the US!!!!!"

I worked at guardNOW

Pros

You get an offer in the spot, but it doesn't matter because Mike won't pay you. Do not bother with guardNow.

Cons

Doesn't pay employees and office staff is so unprofessional. Please do not work there. Mike is so unethical and lies to your face. I'm surprised the place is still in business.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees

guardNOW2016-12-19

"Poor Company"

I worked at guardNOW full-time

Pros

They will hire you on the spot.. wont even verify your security license or drug test you. At least they didnt for me anyways

Cons

I worked for Guard now over a month and never received any pay for the hours i worked. I am currently fighting for my 160+ hours that i have not been paid for. I have had every excuse given to me and even been hung up on. Poor company to work for. Very Unprofessional. I have reported this company to the labor and wages department. This is your warning, AVOID GUARDNOW at all cost.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like you value them and pay them on time! Its really not that hard...

guardNOW2016-12-05

"COUNT ON LOST PAYCHECKS"

Former Employee - Security Guard in San Fernando, CA

I worked at guardNOW full-time for more than a year

Pros

They will literally hire you on the spot and you can immediately earn money.

Cons

I am a former employee of GuardNow and was employed with them for one year. DO NOT work for them, because GuardNow is poorly managed and management is not interested in paying guards in a timely manner. Automatic payroll deposit would be the answer to lost paychecks that were supposed to be mailed out, but GuardNow does not have automatic payroll deposit, so they can finagle the payroll funds for up to three (3)... weeks. Two weeks after you submit your timesheet, it is supposed to be mailed out. Another week can pass before you receive your check in the mail and sometimes NEVER. At the time of hire, employees sign an agreement with a clause that permits GuardNow an extra five (5) days to replace the alleged lost check. There were several instances when the check was never mailed; the guards waited three (3) weeks; and the office is filled with guards trying to get their NEVER MAILED paychecks. By the time you get your paycheck, it is time to submit the timesheet for the next pay period. The turnover in the administrative staff is constant and the guards are constantly quitting. Guards can train several relief guards a week. Apparently GuardNow is short staffed and when you are waiting for your post relief, they start to look for relief at the end of your shift. Finally, the client decided to change out GuardNow for another security company.

Advice to Management

Pay employees as promised. At the very least, mail bi-monthly paychecks on time. Weekly automatic payroll deposit is really your ONLY incentive for keeping minimum wage employees.

guardNOW2016-11-12

"I have never been so disrespected by an authority figure in my life"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at guardNOW part-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro about this job, and its a stretch, is the pay. It's not the normal minimum wage so I can be happy about that

Cons

The supervisor talk to you with absolutely no respect, no dignity, no sense of humanity. They talk about you like a dog when you aren't around and they even get caught slippin on the walkie talkies talking about people. This is THEE worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

BE WISE ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU PUT IN POSITION OF AUTHORITY. Y'all let anyone tell people what to do and it never gets relaid that they are extremely disrespectful

guardNOW2016-09-26