hedgehog lab "hedgehog lab" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

hedgehog lab Employee Reviews about "hedgehog lab"

Updated 6 Jun 2018

4.2
hedgehog lab CEO Sarat Pediredla (no image)
Sarat Pediredla
Pros
  • "Plenty of companies claim to put employees first, but Hedgehog Lab is the only one I have worked for that delivers on their promise(in 18 reviews)

• "The work environment is collaborative to the core and there is absolutely no sign of any politics(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "No Cons to specify this is on of the best workplace for tension free , Nice work environment with good timings(in 8 reviews)

• "It's very difficult to note any 'cons' here at hedgehog lab(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "hedgehog lab"

Return to all Reviews

"A great company getting better"

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for more than a year

Pros

2017 was probably the most difficult year the company has endured, yet just 6 months down the line, there's a genuine belief that, as a team, we've turned things around. This is a testament to staff of all levels and disciplines, as well as the management team who deserve to be acknowledged for the responsibility they've taken in both resolving key issues and slowly starting to pivot to a more pro-active approach,... reducing the need for firefighting. Though improvement has been dramatic across the board, there is no feeling of 'settling' - it feels as though we're constantly implementing new frameworks and processes to begin thinking like the company we all want hedgehog lab to be. Despite being back on track, it's as though there's an unspoken understanding that just good isn't good enough, and staff of all levels constantly strive to help make us better. I think there's a shared buy-in amongst the team. In the past 6 months especially, our aims and objectives over various lengths have been not only outlined more clearly, but a considerable amount of thought has been given to helping teams to understand the part they play, and even to how individuals in teams play a role. Though creative freedom is there for you to take, there are some who prefer to get their heads down and get their work done. Nobody is ever judged for that, and in fact I think we've a very healthy balance of the two. On a personal level, the company has also been very supportive of me in a number of ways. What strikes me isn't just the determination to help through a what's been a fairly confusing/difficult time personally, but also to use the experience to iterate on how the company can support others in the future. It feels like, no matter the issue, the company is in a state of continuous improvement, and that can only be a good thing. As far as I'm aware, the company is in a healthier position than ever before and in that respect, it feels as though there's probably no better time to be part of it.

Cons

Though effort to develop the company's progression pathways has been evident in the last few months especially, I think it's still difficult to 'see progression' for certain (generally smaller) departments. This is probably more an issue of scale, but it can prove demotivating at times. Staff certainly don't want the company to stagnate, hence not resting on our impressive turnaround, but they don't want their... careers to, either.

Advice to Management

The improvement in communication especially over the past 6 months has been great. Keep that up.

hedgehog lab2018-06-06

"Amazing culture. Great work life balance."

Former Employee - UI-UX Designer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at hedgehog lab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

hedgehog lab has a rare bunch of incrdibly talented people there who are focussed on creating great products and being good people. Each member of the team knows their role and ego's are left at the door and they're dealt with when they become an issue. Thanks to this environment, I've felt my skills increase massively since the day I joined here fresh out of university and I'm grateful to have been able to be a... part of the journey. Management aren't too concerned of your whereabouts as long as deadlines are met and work doesn't suffer and you're available for your team. I have seen first hand the huge benefit this attitude brings to parents for example or when something unavoidable pops up. If your workload ever becomes a little too much and you bring this up, it gets sorted for you.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a negative about hedgehog lab that would make me feel hesitant to apply to work here. Nowhere you work will ever be "perfect", but hedgehog ticks a LOT of boxes.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum up on the recent initiative of giving employees a platform to voice thoughts and empowering employees to take matters into their own hands.

hedgehog lab2018-05-18

"A great place to work!"

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Plenty of companies claim to put employees first, but Hedgehog Lab is the only one I have worked for that delivers on their promise. - Flexible working hours create an excellent work/life balance. - Great Perks/ Unlimited Holidays! - I feel genuinely proud to work for HHL and enjoy coming to work each day. Working with such talented colleagues makes working here an enjoyable experience. - The most... junior member of the lab can talk to the most senior, as all members of the senior management team are approachable and friendly.

Cons

Communication between teams - this has been addressed and I look forward to seeing the changes made.

Advice to Management

As HHL grows please keep the culture of the company as a priority!

hedgehog lab2018-05-03

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Developer in Hyderābād

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best places to work. Very good work culture. Employee friendly. A place to learn a lot from senior developers from both UK and India.

Cons

I wish hedgehog lab has better parking. People with cars will definitely face the problem.

hedgehog lab2018-04-10

""Awesome work place. Learn and Growth!!!."

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Hyderābād

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Work Environment is excellent and All our Colleagues are very helpful. Our Managing Director will understand the employee's problems and sort out them quickly. hedgehog lab has flexible timings. I'm personally enjoying a lot working here. The company also encourages employees to improve their extra skills set.

Cons

I don't have to say anything about it.

Advice to Management

None

hedgehog lab2018-04-09

"The real deal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time

Pros

Having worked in digital since before it was termed "digital" - I can state without hesitation that the team and environment at hedgehog lab are second to none. In a sector where its all too easy to cite "culture" as a company asset, this place is the real deal, the staff are talented and fiercely driven with an exceptional desire to achieve the very best.

Cons

Genuinely, very hard to think of any, oh! maybe we just tend to run out of Marmite a bit fast.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work.

hedgehog lab2017-09-28

"Excellent company with a bright future"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've just passed my 1 year anniversary here at hedgehog lab and count myself lucky to have joined a company in such an exciting period of growth, with leaders who are pushing for success and seeking new avenues for business all the time. The culture here is second to none, everyone is a team player and invested in the achievement of hl. Great people. Great perks.

Cons

Nothing that can't be attributed to growing pains.

Advice to Management

- Keep up the good work - Remain open and approachable

hedgehog lab2017-09-22

"Thoughts from the last year"

Current Employee - Designer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hedgehog lab has a great atmosphere this being one of the things that drew me to the company in the first place. It has continued to keep this even with the rapid employee growth. Following the growth comes the new office space which in my opinion is a massive step forward and was really needed. The new office space gives a new dynamic and for me is a little get away from the distractions and hustle that the main... office tends to have. Saving the best till last the main reason why hhl is so good is the people that work here, They're a great bunch.

Cons

Departments always clash and it's no different here, always little bits of back and forth which can be frustrating sometimes. I feel now we have the new office that the orginal office needs some TLC as it doesnt look that inviting to work in. Other than that I their isnt that much else which is negative about hhl.

hedgehog lab2017-09-29
  9. "hhl is very supportive"

I have been working at hedgehog lab

Pros

I have been here for 4 months as a designer. I want to share my little experience to tell about our organisation, hedgehog lab. Professionally, feeling satisfaction in working with the hhl. Management gives opportunities to employees to build their career paths. They care about every employee and respect employees’ motivations. hhl maintains an open culture in a disciplined manner. I like the way UK & Indian... employees work together as one team and we always strive for the successful productivity.

Cons

No Cons to say. Its a good place to work.

Advice to Management

I believe, hhl is on it's way to reach heights. Best wishes to management.

hedgehog lab2017-03-13

"Be the best of YOU!"

Current Employee - Strategist in Hyderābād

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a big list of things to be mention if we come to the Pros section. So first I want to say about the company from my personal point of view as I am a learner everyday. I love to learn new things, in this process of learning curve hedgehog lab has taught me many things and made me a better person than yesterday to bring out the best out of ME. Thank you so much hedgehog lab. Listing out the Pros #Super... cool management and colleagues. Very supportive in every way. #WOW work culture. #Flexible timings. #Employee benefits. #NO DRESS CODE. #No Boundaries to our creativity. #Freedom of Speech #Be the hedgehog!

Cons

Nothing as such for cons. Its "WE" everywhere/anywhere who decides the next plan of action/next move. So, if we understand that one here, this one(Cons) is like a wrong question to me.

Advice to Management

You guys are Awesome as always. Keep it going! :)

hedgehog lab2017-02-10