hibu Reviews in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Kevin Jasper
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Cold calling and following up on customer service issues from time to time (in 65 reviews)

• Awful sales reps that I had to work with (in 48 reviews)

"16 years employed and plan to retire here"

Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Reward hard work and loyalty with excellent compensation.
    Management is expeienced and has mature leadership skills.
    Great sales people who have been with the company a long time.
    Company size allows for access to many resources.
    Company size also allows for transferability to other offices around the country.
    Job security for performers.

Cons

Sometimes a little slow out the gate with new products.

Advice to Management

Open things up for the reps. Especially allow the hunters to be creative and have access to many
    different sales channels in addition to protected territories.

"The Worst"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The only good thing to say about this company is they won't be around for much longer. All of the positive reviews on here are from management. They told us to write good reviews to get our ratings up but trust me if you're thinking about working for this company don't do it.

Cons

This place is hurting so bad ,they won't let clients cancel the junk product they bought. I have clients calling me 1 and 2 year's later saying they are still being charged after repeated calls and emails to cancel their account. I just spoke with a old client of mine last week about this and he is now looking into hiring a lawyer.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like sheep following orders of a dying company. All the real leaders have already left and you are now left with managers that can't sell themselves and do anything to keep their own job.

"Great, back in the days"

Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Money and compensation was good. Medical insurance used to be great. Used to be rewarding to see businesses and others prosper.

Cons

Very disappointed, you could be the best sales person or manager, but it's all who you know. Industry is very competitive now.

Advice to Management

Be real, one day you will be accountable.

4. "The ship is sinking"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, willing to help you succeed, compensation is good if you are performing.

Cons

No product support, no room for advancement, the company is contracting at a rapid rate.

Advice to Management

Sell off the yellow pages asap.

5. "I think the office you work out of will either help you like the job, or HATE it."

Former Employee - Account Executive/Media Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive/Media Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great sales training. Possibility to make good money. Loved the job when I worked for Yellowbook in NY. Not much room for growth. Promotion based on favoritism, not performance.

Cons

If at Yellowbook in Irvine, CA...RUN!!!! Favoritism. Management picks who they want to succeed or fail and assigns accounts accordingly. Managers would give the best accounts to their friends or the reps who suck up to them. Outdated products, that NO one wants. Even the digital advertising is not the best out there- poor implementation of the product. The back end employees don't care if they're doing their job to make it work well and the sales people suffer with their clients. At least in my office, performance was fear based. You could do great and hit it out of the park one week with no recognition but if you're one sale short the next week, you're going to hear about it. The work is 24/7. You WILL be doing work at home, after hours and they don't pay overtime. Even though you can make decent money, it's really not what you SHOULD be paid to do all that you have to do as a salesperson. This is not a sales job where you just sell; you have to do EVERYTHING for every client yourself or nothing will get done.

Advice to Management

Treat reps with respect. Stop micromanaging, we're adults. If promotions were merit based there would probably be more respect for management.

Showing 5 of 1,107 reviews