hibu Reviews in King of Prussia, PA | Glassdoor

King of Prussia, PA

2.4
Kevin Jasper

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The flexibility to work from home and office was refreshing (in 54 reviews)

• Last but not least, the work life balance is amazing and the management team is top of the line (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Cold calling and following up on customer service issues from time to time (in 65 reviews)

• Awful sales reps that I had to work with (in 48 reviews)

"Hibu Inside Sales - King of Prussia, PA - The Best Career Choice I ever made!"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Inside Sales Department at the King of Prussia Office of Hibu has helped me and can help you to achieve financial success and job satisfaction beyond your greatest expectations.

This is a direct result of the following:

1 - The Management Team is experienced, talented and genuinely cares about the success of each Salesperson.

2 - The Sales Team is provided with exceptional Training and Support both before starting and ongoing.

3- The Senior Management Team consistently provides excellent incentives to earn income through very achievable bonus contests.

4 - The work environment is stress free, congenial and supportive.

5- There is a consistent effort to encourage a teaming atmosphere.

6 - New Services are consistently introduced in a very structured fashion that increase the opportunity to exceed your personal income goals.

7- Many excellent tools are provided to help increase your sales and income.

8- The Compensation and Benefits are exceptional.

Cons

I find that there are no Cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

Aug 7, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback and your service to Hibu! We agree that the Inside Sales position is a great career choice and are glad to hear that you are happy and thriving in the role. We are very... More

"Sad after loving this place for a few years!"

Current Employee - Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and paid holidays. Direct managers are wonderful people who care. Ability to work from home a few days a week.

Cons

OMG where do I start?? No real direction! Leadership is lacking the right visions to bring this company forward and competitive in the digital space. Outsourcing very skilled jobs overseas is costing more money than to pay the employees who were doing those jobs. the culture differences overseas create a huge problem with the quality of the product for the advertisers. The processes are a mess and a waste of time and the systems need serious upgrades. As a result, the fulfillment teams spend a lot of time and effort spinning their wheels to get the products out in timely manner. Account managers who are supposed to be managing paid search, display and seo campaigns are not given the time to properly care for their accounts and clients and are managing too many accounts to do the job as expected. But the sales team oversells both the products and the "dedicated analyst" and then treats the employees like dirt to get them to do what the sales rep sold. The fulfillment teams are stressed and leaving in droves. Very sad state of affairs in a department that used to be fun rewarding place to work.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees! Many managers have expressed concerns about the direction of the fulfillment teams. Stop trying so hard to make changes before the systems and processes are in line to accomplish the new directives! Allow employees to earn work from home privileges or summer hours and pay them more money for knowledge and expertise.

"Get Out While You Can!"

Current Employee - Digital Services Consultant in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Digital Services Consultant in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your manager is pretty flexible when it comes to you having dr. appts and stuff and needing to come in late or whatever, but you need to either make up the time or have personal time available to use or you will get written up. Some co-workers are pretty cool as well. Theres also a free gym here which is cool. 401k, health (sucks), dental and all that.

Cons

The cafe here DOES NOT HAVE GOOD food so don't waste your money. Queue shifts are horrible. You literally have no time to do any of your work because management is always asking you to do you to get in the queue because cedar rapids can't do their job. The whole process in the DSC department doesen't make sense and they are always constantly changing stuff and making it worse for us. There is a HUGE employee turnaround here because everyone quits because this place stinks. Everyone here is negative all the time and always sighing because everyone literally hates their job and it makes you hate it even more. They start everyone at 17.42 an hour when in reality WE SHOULD BE GETTING PAID AT LEAST $23.00 OR MORE FOR THE STUFF WE DEAL WITH!

Advice to Management

Give your employees credit for the hard work they do everyday and give us a raise. YOU WANT TO ADD MORE WORK FOR US? PAY US MORE THAN!!!!

Aug 21, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We would like to discuss your concerns in more detail with you. Please reach out to the HR Help Desk at 855-447-4428 who will connect you to... More

4. "Easy Money but Mind Numbing Experience"

Former Employee - Copy Writer in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Copy Writer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, high pay for work done, benefits, easy to get hired.

Cons

Everything. From the product you will be working on to the office environment plagued by ineffective and cliqued management, there is always the fear of mass lay-offs on the office floor. Due to constantly changing pushes with the sales reps, the flow of work goes from more than you can handle to literally fighting your neighbor for a job so that your all-important productivity score doesn't go down. In the end, I got a nice bit of money saved up and fast, but it really was not worth the stress of dealing with the company or the commute to KoP.

Advice to Management

Reassess and unite. There is so much discrepancy between the teams on the floor that its like people are working for totally different companies.

"Set up to fail"

Former Employee - Inside Sales - Digital Marketing Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment. Good pay, benefits, and perks if you find your own way and don't listen to management. Compensation was great for me because I did what I wanted and did not listen to management. They even sent me on a paid vacation for my efforts.

Cons

Favored employees get away with long stretches of no sales. They mute their phones and pretend to dial customers just to get their call counts up. Management is aware and does nothing. Poor lead generation and management does not allow their reps to use sales techniques that work for them. They force a ridiculous sales technique on you and make you throw away anything that makes you successful. This company will set you up big to make you fail if you let them. I'd give the company no stars in some areas if I could.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting and propping up employees who can't sell. Don't put together a "special" team of your best reps, cut their pay, and expect them not to complain about it since they pretty much carry the company. Fire employees who sell themselves a product to a business they made up to save their jobs. Fire your assistant managers and managers and sales reps who sit at their computer and do nothing. Don't tell lies about your reps to the group after they have resigned.

"Fulfillment Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Comfortable atmosphere and decent facilities. On the plus side of the bad situation is that there are so many inconsistencies at the job, no one can get fired for failing because everyone failing is at something.

Cons

Absolutely no upward mobility. If the company doesn't outright remove a management position if someone leaves the company, they pull in people from other departments that have no experience with the particular team they're now managing and have to be taught how to do their job by their subordinates.

Mismanagement of priorities and setting bogus goals for micromanagement purposes instead of addressing real issues that data actually supports.

Advice to Management

Same points already mentioned - Stop the inconsistencies and give people a chance to move up in their job instead of taking away management positions and tacking them on to the workload of other people who don't know what new departments they're managing actually do.

Jul 10, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback and your service to Hibu. We would be happy to discuss your concerns with you. Please feel free to call us at 855-447-4428. We look forward to talking with you in more... More

7. "Ok job, not much career potential"

I worked at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly office
    Pay is ok
    Relaxed working environment
    Managers are generally good about work-life balance

Cons

Not enough room to grow
    Bonus structure can be a bit arbitrary (not looking at large enough data to give a good reflection of employee's performance)
    Not much in the way of professional development

Advice to Management

Try to hone pathways for team members to build upon their skill set and grow more within the company. It's a lot of younger people who need to see that opportunity to be able to stay there longer term.

Jun 12, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that there are many pros to working at Hibu including our compensation packages, the fun working environment and most importantly, work life balance. We take... More

8. "Digital Marketing Specialist/Inside Sales"

I worked at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment, Cafeteria, Commission opportunities, Hire anyone

Cons

Shady
    Misleading
    Will listen in on your calls to customers without your knowledge

Advice to Management

Don't play the "favorites" game...it's obvious
    Also, don't say that you want to have the room filled with employees and then let 90% of the employees go because of unrealistic expectations. Just because some people hit goals, doesn't mean they are realistic.

Jun 12, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

We appreciate your feedback. We agree that the commission opportunity within Inside Sales is very attractive. As you know, we go through an extensive multi-layer hiring process to ensure we find... More

"General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - General Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hard Work, very competitive sales job

Cons

line manager support and lack of training

Advice to Management

train the line managers

Apr 24, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that our sales roles are competitive, however we work hard to ensure that goal are fair and attainable. One of our priorities is to ensure we provide training... More

"Copywriters review"

Former Employee - Copywriter in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Copywriter in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lax office life, overpaid, easy work

Cons

Immature setting, 0 guidance or direction, negative renforcement, weak management team

Advice to Management

You're in charge, you're not supposed to be our friends. It's fine that you're nice, but there's a job to be done.

Apr 24, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for taking the time to leave this response. We pride ourselves on having a professional work environment and strong management team. We agree that we are all here to help Hibu be... More

Showing 127 of 1,113 reviews