hibu Reviews in Madison, WI | Glassdoor

1.0
Kevin Jasper

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Cold calling and following up on customer service issues from time to time (in 64 reviews)

• Awful sales reps that I had to work with (in 45 reviews)

"Ruined my professional sales career"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a job when I needed a job and the salary plus commission was not bad.

Cons

Worked for hibu for 3 years. Laid off and I'm looking for a new job and despite years of successful industrial sales prior to hibu, recruiters tell me that I wasted 3 years by working for them and new employers do not take me seriously since I sold yellow pages. Doesn't matter what I used to do, the fact that I had to go so low as to accept a job selling yellow pages - they don't even recognize hibu as a digital marketing company. Working for hibu has poisoned me for "real employers" Run, run fast, do not get caught up in the crap highlighted in most other reviews, and take my advice, even if you need the money and take the job, it will hamstring you later when hibu lets you go. Make no mistake, eventually you will miss a month or a quarter and they will how you the door.

Advice to Management

Why bother? You know everything already. What coudl I possible add to your vast stores of knowledge. You, who wasted a billion dollars on computer systems that you had to flush and are struggling through bankruptcy by screwing your employees. Why bother, you have it all figured out. But, if by some weird cosmic shift you want to listen, there are a few RVP an VPs who are stuffed shirts and a waste of space and payroll. Just look for the RVp who are hated by their employees and ask yourselves why, do they all hat him?

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Madison, WI

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and pay was great. You also have a lot of flexibility with being virtual and not having an office to go to.

Cons

I loved the company for 4 years, but then the company changed. They are concentrating on website, Online Display ads, SEM and SEO. If you are interested in selling that, you could have a chance at this company. Even though the print (Yellowbook) is doing good and paying most of the company's bills, they want you to forget about the book and only sell internet. They have very unrealistic goals which you have to meet or will be fired. Southern Wisconsin went from over 35 reps 5 years ago to 6 reps and they are not hiring for sales for the book, only internet.

Advice to Management

Figure out where you are going, or the company will be gone!

Showing 2 of 1,080 reviews