hibu Reviews | Glassdoor

Kevin Jasper

1,089 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Cold calling and following up on customer service issues from time to time (in 65 reviews)

• Awful sales reps that I had to work with (in 48 reviews)

1. "Account rep"

I worked at hibu full-time

Pros

Lots of Freedom of schedule

Cons

Work life balance not good

2. "Sales"

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

In today's confusing digital marketing landscape, small and medium businesses have tons of choices on what types of vendors they could use to market their products and services. And that's a challenge for most companies...who do you turn to? The best thing about Hibu is that we provide clarity in a cluttered marketplace...from mobile-friendly websites to ROI based search marketing to comprehensive social and display campaigns...we provide a variety of advertising options and help our clients to understand exactly what they are buying! I've been with Hibu for more than 25 years and have enjoyed being part of our evolution into a leading digital marketing firm. What has kept me at Hibu for so long is the unique mix of job variety (I've worked in sales, sales management and various staff positions), compensation and camaraderie. It may sound cliche, but you really get out of this company what you put into it...and I've gotten a lot over the years!

Cons

There are a ton of businesses competing in the same space as we are which makes it crucial to bring a clear buying proposition to the client.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide clear and direct communication to the sales force on our goals and initiatives.

3. "Distribution manager"

I worked at hibu full-time

Pros

Some of the best talent recruiters. All my peers were amazing people. Pay was good.

Cons

Always in prep to be bought out of competition.

Advice to Management

Make your business stronger, dont just sit in prep for a buy out or merger. It freaks everyone out.

4. "Great job with lots of learning and earning potential"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Greenville, SC

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with local clients
    No two days are the same
    Supportive management
    Opportunity to stay motivated through commission on everything you sell as well as opportunities to increase pay by hitting accelerated objectives
    Constant learning environment
    Ability to ask questions and learn
    Having a lot of marketing tools in my "tool kit" that enables me to sell to clients with a variety of budgets
    Ride days with managers are very helpful and frequent

Cons

Every job has challenges so being able to adapt, and solve issues proactively and positively is important. Being organized to track progress toward goals is important.

Advice to Management

Keep the contests going to help motivate toward hitting goals early. Keep the ongoing training and learning atmosphere. Great job!

5. "Hibu review"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good money. Great product sweep. Very helpful managers. Lots of training

Cons

Departments overseas could be a little better.

6. "Great Ideas but Poor Planning"

I worked at hibu full-time

Pros

Management had great idea for local magazines managed by seasoned newspaper editors and reporters.

Cons

Many of those great ideas did not seem well thought out. Leadership changes impacted the longevity of the magazines.

7. "Working for Hibu in Atlanta"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

Representing a company that offers great support tools and coaching teaching and training. Manager always makes herself available to cater to the sales team and customer needs. Great Management, Great Support....Great Company

Cons

Credit department is agressive

Advice to Management

Great Job!

Aug 21, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback and your service to Hibu. We agree that there are many pros to working at Hibu and we will pass along your feedback.

"Sad after loving this place for a few years!"

Current Employee - Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and paid holidays. Direct managers are wonderful people who care. Ability to work from home a few days a week.

Cons

OMG where do I start?? No real direction! Leadership is lacking the right visions to bring this company forward and competitive in the digital space. Outsourcing very skilled jobs overseas is costing more money than to pay the employees who were doing those jobs. the culture differences overseas create a huge problem with the quality of the product for the advertisers. The processes are a mess and a waste of time and the systems need serious upgrades. As a result, the fulfillment teams spend a lot of time and effort spinning their wheels to get the products out in timely manner. Account managers who are supposed to be managing paid search, display and seo campaigns are not given the time to properly care for their accounts and clients and are managing too many accounts to do the job as expected. But the sales team oversells both the products and the "dedicated analyst" and then treats the employees like dirt to get them to do what the sales rep sold. The fulfillment teams are stressed and leaving in droves. Very sad state of affairs in a department that used to be fun rewarding place to work.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees! Many managers have expressed concerns about the direction of the fulfillment teams. Stop trying so hard to make changes before the systems and processes are in line to accomplish the new directives! Allow employees to earn work from home privileges or summer hours and pay them more money for knowledge and expertise.

9. "One of best decisions I made in my life was to work for Hibu formerly Yellow Book"

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great bosses and great people!!

Cons

Sometimes it not that easy to convince business they need our services

Advice to Management

Thanks for trusting me.

Aug 21, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

We appreciate you reaching out and sharing your feedback. We agree that there are many great employees here, including yourself. Congrats on 10+ years with Hibu!

10. "18 Years and Going Strong!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hibu has a fantastic company culture and brings tremendous value to the businesses we partner with. The strategies we consult our clients on are supported by common sense marketing principles and clear and consistent communication. Like any business we are not perfect but I have found over the years that the company always tries to do the right thing and treats it's employees and clients with great respect.

Cons

Small business owners have a lot of options in the marketplace and the selling environment can be very competitive. If you don't see yourself as someone who is highly motivated with strong communication skills this may not be the job for you

Advice to Management

Continue to make smart decisions with the needs of the small business owner in mind. They really need our help so constant evolution of our methods should always be a priority

Aug 21, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Love your feedback and love your commitment to Hibu! We couldn't agree with you more and are happy you have been with us for the past 18 years. Here's to many more!

Showing 1,089 of 1,107 reviews