hibu Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Kevin Jasper

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Cold calling and following up on customer service issues from time to time (in 64 reviews)

• Awful sales reps that I had to work with (in 45 reviews)

1. "Special Handling Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Creative and fun environment

Cons

Not enough room for advancement

Feb 13, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback and the 8 years you spent working with us! We agree that the environment at Hibu is fun and makes this a great place to work. All internal opportunities are posted... More

"Distribution Manager"

Current Employee - Distribution Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Distribution Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent salary and good people to work with. The current managers do a good job of "job sharing". Company supplies quality work items.

Cons

Fewer managers in the field means more travel for current managers. This means more time away from family, for no additional compensation.

Advice to Management

Management needs to remember that we are people. Over the last couple of years, we seem to be nothing more than a number and we need to keep a family/work balance. They seem to have forgotten that we need a family balance as well.

Dec 12, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your commitment and service to Hibu these past 5 years! There are many great things about working at Hibu as you have mentioned. Also, we agree that family/work balance is very... More

3. "Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Temecula, CA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Earnings Opportunity, flexible work from home environment

Cons

Print Product has been declining,hard to replace the dollars with Digital products.

Nov 14, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your 10+ years of service to Hibu! While our print products continue to provide great results to many customers, we have strategically been building our digital products over the years... More

"So far, so good."

Current Employee - Interviewer in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Interviewer in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere is really laid back. I get to manage my own workload and work at my own pace, while still following set guidelines and timelines. Everyone is really nice, including Management, and they have an open door policy. Pay is great, benefits are good and there are many ways to earn extra money in addition to base salary. Employee perks are great too.

Cons

Two things. The first is not really a con on the company aspect, but many people seem to be extremely stressed about the job. I'm not as easily flustered. Additionally, I can't honestly say that Management is to blame for the stress levels, but again, everyone views their role and responsibilities differently than the next person-even in the same department.

To add to this, the second point is that Managment is aware that some employees are stressed, but various tasks may take priority at any given time. You may be asked to stop working on one thing, and to focus on something else-all while being held accountable if you fall behind in processing. Not a deal breaker, but I can see how this may be stressful rather than the actual work itself.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing a great job, and personally, I'd like to see opportunities for employees who express interest to be given an opportunity to train in other areas. I keep hearing that there used to be growth potential, and it's slowly fading away. I can't speak for what happened with the company prior to me being here. Whether this is true or not, a townhall or one on one meetings may be beneficial to find out what your employees strengths are, and whether we can utilize our talents in more than one area of the business. Some of us actually consider our job a career, and want to make the best of it. Keep up the good work :)

Apr 4, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

We are happy to have you here at hibu and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We agree that there are many great perks to being an employee at hibu! hibu provides many growth... More

"Business Development Representative(Outside Sales Rep)"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong compensation, Flexible schedule as long as you consistently perform well and meet/exceed quota. President's Club Trips, great coworkers

Cons

At the time I worked there we were experiencing substantial financial problems as an organization. High turnover for sales reps and leadership alike.

Advice to Management

Work to stay up to date on Marketing trends

Mar 7, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thanks for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the compensation package, flexible schedule and many benefits we have here at hibu. As we continue to evolve our business, we have... More

6. "On the rebound"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Pros

Great Pay, Flexible schedule, The people I work with directly are great. Company benefits are pretty decent as well.

Cons

If you live in a rural area travel can be difficult being home only on weekends for up to three months.

Feb 29, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thanks for the positive feedback and your ongoing contributions to hibu. If there is anything additional we can assist with please feel free to contact hibu Human Resources at 855-447-4428.

7. "Grateful for the experience and for the people that made it happen"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at hibu (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at Hibu and Yellow Book before that, from 1997-2016. I experienced firsthand the transition they made from being a print yellow page company to a full service digital marketing firm. I learned skills that will benefit me the rest of my professional life and made many lifelong friendships.

Cons

There were some growing pains in the aforementioned transition, as they had to experiment with numerous different products and offerings before deciding that digital marketing would be the main focus. It was good to offer customers much to choose from, but trying to figure out who we were and what we wanted to be--from one day to the next--got confusing. To their credit, they realized this and have tried to right the ship.

8. "Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Meadow, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Meadow, NY

I worked at hibu (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, good colleagues to work with on projects, great IT support and internal assistance on all things.

Cons

Going through corporate transition with lots of uncertainty at the time.

Advice to Management

Bring clarity of vision to the table.

Feb 22, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

We appreciate your feedback. As we continue to evolve our business, we have and will continue to experience change along the way. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the work experience and the... More

9. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hibu is a friendly, clean & exciting environment to work in. I've worked at Hibu for nearly 6 years now and the management is great and the co-workers very friendly. Overall, an excellent experience thus far.

Cons

Not much negative to say, as my experience with the company has been good. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as any "negatives" are concerned.

Advice to Management

HAPPY SALES PEOPLE SELL! So keep the employees happy and they will continue to produce for you. So far, the management team has done a good job with this.

Mar 7, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive thoughts about hibu. We work extremely hard to create an incredible work experience for all our employees. Like you, we believe our employees are... More

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Execitive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Execitive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with hibu 4 years & a presidents club winner 3 years.

My favorite aspect of the job is the amount of flexibility! I'm a single mom who is able to drop my kids off at school in the morning & pick them up after school. Love having flexible hours, flexible schedule, working from home most days, quality people, realistic expectations & support (excluding overseas phone operators).

Bonuses & incentives have improved since October 2015. As of January 2016, new comp structure rolled out to properly compensate producers...monthly incentives/bonus, quarterly bonus plus quarterly "accelerator" up to 10% on $ over goal & annual bonus plus additional accelerater when over $ goal. There was a time when achievers weren't properly compensated, thats no longer the case.
    Hibu is constantly evolving. When there is a problem! corporate listens and makes adjustments

Cons

Having to work with some of the overseas staff.

Advice to Management

as a sales rep, I dread calling main line to get patched through. I wish employees could call the departments directly without going through an overseas operator. So much time is wasted with the overseas operators overly wordy, drawn out, excessive explanations. Proper English speaking best practices to teach phone operators to be direct, short & sweet. Say as little as possible to get people the help they need. Example: "Hi, how can I help you?" is a 1000 times better than "hello this is princess, may I know who's calling. Can I put you on hold for 2-3 minutes while I look into that for you. Ugh! Or...sorry that sounds frustrating, can you hold for a min while I look into your account? Much better than rambling on.

Pay for sales reps to join BNI, a business networking group with accountability to get reps plugged into networking team fast.

Showing 188 of 1,080 reviews