hibu Reviews | Glassdoor

Kevin Jasper

1,064 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Cold calling and following up on customer service issues from time to time (in 64 reviews)

• Awful sales reps that I had to work with (in 45 reviews)

1. "Business Development"

Former Employee - Business Development in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Business Development in Baltimore, MD

I worked at hibu (More than a year)

Pros

Great people who want to do the best they can for their customer and co-workers alike.

Cons

Hibu has been suffering a shrinking print business, through no fault of their own. They have been trying to right the ship but with poor planning and execution. They currently make the sales staff beat the street with subpar websites and a poor implementation of adwords campaigns.

Advice to Management

Make sure the product is ready for prime time. Not doing so only loses customers and discourages the sales staff. It costs a lot of money to hire and train new folks. And, It costs even more to lose a customer.

2. "Long-Term Employee"

Current Employee - TSCE in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - TSCE in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Multiple sales positions, several different pilot programs, full benefits, incentives, new office location, friendly and upbeat atmosphere, great people, etc.

Cons

-I have been here for over 7 years and I have worked under several different managers. I would say that the management team needs to be more one track minded. there are a lot of differences between managers.

-we have lots of contests for more bonus $$ but not enough for time off. a happy sales team is a productive sales team.

-micromanaging is also a concern. i think it comes with the territory. every manager bonuses off the team's performance.

-too many sales tracking methods. make it simple please.

Advice to Management

keep work and personal life separate, we are not your friends, we are your employees. the original sales motto was "Keep score, have fun, and WIN!" get back to this. it is supposed to be fun and competitive.

3. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tyler, TX

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good boss, freedom to work, freedom to make your own schedule, building relationships, maintaining relationships

Cons

no upside, micromanaging, too many meetings, not enough time to sale, horrible billing, not good with communication

4. "An honest and in-depth review of the outbound sales position."

Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people who work there are nice
    - Potential to make money...
    - 3 month ramp-up period before you have to worry about meeting quota and being fired.
    - There is decent base-pay even if you don't make any sales
    - Very little management (at least on my team) so you don't feel like you're being micro-managed every minute of the day
    - You can earn time off, or even paid days off based on successful you are at selling

Cons

Where to start...
    -First and foremost, when considering the job, do not be blinded by the "50,000 annual salary". I made that mistake. You will be told it's achievable and many go above and beyond that but I find that very hard to believe. It's certainly not something you will achieve in your first or even second year.
    - Training is nearly worthless. The trainer herself was nice but it is in every sense, "Death by Powerpoint." It's two weeks of training and nearly everyone in my class came to the same conclusion at the end: We still had no idea. Not about the products, how to work through the software, not even what to say. The training is so detached from what the actual job is, it's almost painful.
    -The job itself is almost identical to political campaign calling; You get to spend 8 hours calling hundreds of business to be either A: Hung up on, B: Told they're not interested or C: Being verbally abused.
    - There are other departments who have it so much easier even where sales are concerned and earn said incentives on a much easier basis and you can be hired into said departments but it's really just luck if you can get into said departments.
    - I was told the company likes to hire from within, yet 3 weeks in when I spoke with my manager about my concerns he informed me that there are people who have been here for 10 years who are unable to advance because the positions are already spoken for.

Advice to Management

First and foremost I would recommend reworking the training as a whole.
    Advertise.
    What makes no sense to me is that we are calling business and telling them they need to be on the first page of Google, that they need their business to be recognised in order to be successful. And yet, if you Google "website builders" or "digital marketing" in the areas you are prominent in, you do NOT come up. In fact, 99% of the people we are calling have never heard of hibu. You would like to slam Go Daddy for spending money on commercials, but people are calling them, aren't they? People know of them.
    It's quite contradictory and supremely frustrating. The lives of outbound sales associates would be considerably easier if you did some sort of marking. Some way appear reputable and benefitial to business across the U.S.

5. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People that have been in the business for a while can make decent pay.

Cons

It's a flavor of the month club.

6. "Great Atmosphere & Pay!"

Current Employee - Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is fun and uplifting! They put you in a position to win and write your own ticket. Great support and managers to help you get where you need to be.
    The benefits are better than any previous job.

Cons

The only thing I could point to as a negative would be there are not enough company type of gatherings. I really enjoy my coworkers and would love an opportunity to see them at more outside of work functions put on by the company.

7. "Regional Sales Manager Rockford Illinois"

Current Employee - RSM in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - RSM in Rockford, IL

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom, Flexibility, Great bonus Opportunity,

Cons

Reading reviews from former employers who couldn't make it anywhere

8. "Great Leadership- Great Values- Great Place to Work"

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

The leadership truly cares about employees and is ethical and honest. Great culture and a place to build a long term career

Cons

Still a transitioning space so you must be able to tolerate change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Thank you for all that you do.

9. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment
    Met nice, amazing and talented professionals

Cons

Too bad they were acquired by a BPO

Advice to Management

Nothing

10. "Products"

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

Decent digital products that hunt, good opportunity to make some decent money if you work hard

Cons

Objectives hard to hit on regular basis

Advice to Management

Walk in the shoes of the sales rep to really see what they have to do on a daily basis to hit their numbers

hibu Response

Jul 10, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thanks for your feedback. We agree that our sales roles are great opportunities. If you wish to discuss any of your concerns in greater detail, please feel free to contact us at 855-447-4428.

Showing 1,064 of 1,082 reviews