hibu Reviews | Glassdoor

1,052 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,052 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Cold calling and following up on customer service issues from time to time (in 64 reviews)

• Awful sales reps that I had to work with (in 44 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Effingham, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Effingham, IL

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

Tremendous Support, Unlimited Income Potential, Excellent Training Available, Incentives and Bonuses Are Superior To Any Other Job I Have Had, Doubled My Income In Three Years

Cons

There are some growing pains with the growth of any company but hibu tries their best to be proactive rather than reactive.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees when they offer suggestions to help with growth

Aug 15, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback and dedication to hibu! We agree that there are many benefits to working here and we are happy that you enjoy working with us. Keep up the great work!

"Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Media Specialist in Seiling, OK
    Former Employee - Media Specialist in Seiling, OK

I worked at hibu (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, flex hours, good pay, great team.

Cons

High stress during the time of the business being bought out.

Aug 15, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

We agree that there are some great pros to working at hibu and are glad that you experienced them. While we have gone through a transformation in the past several years, it has brought about change ... More

"Business Development Rep"

Former Employee - Account Manager to Business Development in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Account Manager to Business Development in Eugene, OR

I worked at hibu (Less than a year)

Pros

The products work well for the customer. Products are definitely worth the money to help grow your business.

Cons

Send 2 train 4 2wks, cost company a lot, but then they give up 2 quickly on sales reps. Especially when the territories have been left bare 4 yrs. takes time to grow a territory. At least 6 mon.

Advice to Management

Invest more time in the reps you have, quit going thru reps. Turns off your customers, most of my customers were very upset by this. That was my customers top complaint.

Aug 15, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that our products work well for our customers and provide a great ROI. Here at hibu, we provide world class training and development to both new and tenured ... More

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At one time this was a good job. Outdated now.

Cons

Outdated product. Trying to get into online sales, too little, too late. Very poor online products. Promise you a lot, get little back.

Advice to Management

You need better products that work for your sales staff. The Search Engine Marketing products do not deliver results for clients.

5. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexible schedule for top performers, performance based pay, time off incentives

Cons

if you can't sell, you probably won't like this job. ABC

Jul 25, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback and commitment to hibu! We truly value our employees and love to see positive reviews from people inside of the business. Thanks for all you do to contribute to hibu's ... More

"Account Title"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In sales, Hibu took care of the senior sales people so I benefited greatly. Your time is your own as long as you make management money.

Cons

As they continued to go through bankruptcy, sales force was either kept in the dark or lied to about the situation. I am told that now sales has an extremely short leash and the managers let go people who don't produce for even a week.

Advice to Management

Get it together, give the sales force confidence, and hire people with experience so the company can grow and be great again.

Jul 11, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your long standing service to hibu. We value all of our employees and are happy you benefited from your time with the organization. We do have fair objectives set for our sales teams ... More

"Successful Growth, Empowering Leadership and Career Development Paths are Plenty"

Current Employee - Sales Training in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Training in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to transform complex legacy business into progressive successful digital business.
    Leaders are top notch - empowering, engaged, dialed in and forward thinking.
    Team members across the company - corporate and sales are genuinely engaged, eager to help one another and focused on successfully transforming our business.
    Career opportunities - work hard, do it with a positive attitude and hit your objectives and you'll write your own ticket!
    A winning culture all around!

Cons

Balance can be difficult because our rate of transformation is intense, however, working towards a common and achievable goal makes it enjoyable and more than palatable.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your people, our culture, our focus towards winning as an organization - and we're all here to help support the same mission. It's been a fun ride and it's only going to continue to get better!

Jun 27, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication to hibu! We appreciate this feedback and are so excited to work with you and all of the other hibu employees as we continue to win!

"Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time

Pros

Good hours free coffee nice coworkers public transportation accessible OK pay nice office no weekends paid holidays paid time off and vacation

Cons

They lie and say you can make 55000 a year but after you start they say oh it takes 3-6 to get good at this job so that's not equal to 55000 a year with the base being 35000 also you get very bad leads very repetitive!!! Calling the same people over and over again not for me

Jun 13, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback! We agree that there are many perks to working at hibu. During the interview process, we discuss target earnings with all candidates. The interview discussion also ... More

"Blind leading the blind..."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyday was terrible here... but hey at least there's a ping pong table! Oh and every salesperson sacrificed their holiday bonuses to pay out a TV for a contest that 90% of us had no chance of winning... without our approval. So if your that guy that is going to win a flat screen TV hell yeah! If your the rest of the room clapping as you give away a Christmas bonus...kinda makes ya feel terrible inside.

Cons

Well where do I begin? Zero communication between mgmt and employees and any interactions with your superiors just showcases that they have A.) No clue what you're talking about. B.) No ability to learn the answer and C.) Only came for a check and nothing more or D.) All of the above. No opportunity to communicate with other employees to grow the knowledge pool on the floor. Unless your a "favorite" then you really don't have to work at all. They hand out hot leads to top sellers and give the other 95% 10 ton haystacks that have 1 needle per haystack. This is coupled with the audacity to tell you to be more like the people who are selling. (The same people that are being handed needles, not haystacks) Yellow book is old school American business circa 1975-1987, they step on the backs of those who make them money in order to make more money. They could not care less about you. I literally quit because after being diagnosed with pre-cancer cells in my colon they responded with "Well we understand but we need you to be on time, make sales goals and operate as if nothing is wrong with you." GTFO here, this place is the yellow book's corpse that's been reanimated to suck the purpose , brains and souls from all who dare enter. If that's not the most accurate description of this place i don't know what is.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Favorites worked in high school, they get you sued in today's environment. I watched a kid get called a nasty nickname his and my boss made up for him and it hurt the kid everyday to hear it and it became his name on our floor. He complained about it and I even raised a concern for a hostile work environment and their HR system BACKED THE MANAGER MAKING UP NAMES! What more do you need to know? It disgusts me knowing how much time and effort I sacrificed into a company that literally WILL NOT promote out of their call center seats.

10. "It has been a great place to work for the past 10 years!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, even better people. Trying and succeeding to transition from a print to digital business. Work from home office environment with tons of freedom if you can perform. I just got one of the bigger bonuses with this company and on track to have the best year compensation wise. You Have be able to get up in the morning, go talk to few people about the many levels how you can help them be found online.

Cons

As with any transition there are pain points with systems conversions,product r&d etc.
    Some of the other sales reps that fear change grumble and it gets old.

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing, steady ahead! Thank you

May 24, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to hibu! We agree that this is a great company with even better people! Here's to a great 2016!

Showing 1,052 of 1,070 reviews