hibu Reviews | Glassdoor

1,052 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,052 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Cold calling and following up on customer service issues from time to time (in 63 reviews)

• Awful sales reps that I had to work with (in 44 reviews)

"So far, so good."

Current Employee - Interviewer in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Interviewer in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere is really laid back. I get to manage my own workload and work at my own pace, while still following set guidelines and timelines. Everyone is really nice, including Management, and they have an open door policy. Pay is great, benefits are good and there are many ways to earn extra money in addition to base salary. Employee perks are great too.

Cons

Two things. The first is not really a con on the company aspect, but many people seem to be extremely stressed about the job. I'm not as easily flustered. Additionally, I can't honestly say that Management is to blame for the stress levels, but again, everyone views their role and responsibilities differently than the next person-even in the same department.

To add to this, the second point is that Managment is aware that some employees are stressed, but various tasks may take priority at any given time. You may be asked to stop working on one thing, and to focus on something else-all while being held accountable if you fall behind in processing. Not a deal breaker, but I can see how this may be stressful rather than the actual work itself.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing a great job, and personally, I'd like to see opportunities for employees who express interest to be given an opportunity to train in other areas. I keep hearing that there used to be growth potential, and it's slowly fading away. I can't speak for what happened with the company prior to me being here. Whether this is true or not, a townhall or one on one meetings may be beneficial to find out what your employees strengths are, and whether we can utilize our talents in more than one area of the business. Some of us actually consider our job a career, and want to make the best of it. Keep up the good work :)

Apr 4, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

We are happy to have you here at hibu and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We agree that there are many great perks to being an employee at hibu! hibu provides many growth ... More

"DNS Support Specialist"

Former Employee - DNS Support Specialist in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - DNS Support Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The facility itself is set in a beautiful corporate facility with a retention pound with fountain and nice patio on the rear of the building. On the first floor there is an outside vendor that runs the cafeteria downstairs.

Cons

Old and aging publishing company that is slow to change their approach to the fast passed digital world. The company may walk and talk like a digital company, but management is from the old print/listings business, that relies on KPI's and micromanagement. Human resources is based in the Cedar Rapids office and only holds the company's interests.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Don't dish out your responsibilities to subordinates, and treat everyone equally.

May 16, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback. We are very excited about our success in providing best in class digital marketing and print solutions. We have many leaders who are deep experts in both the print and ... More

"Worst Place I Ever Worked"

Former Employee - Billing in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Billing in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I made some nice friends, who all ended up quitting, too.

Cons

The managers in KOP billing were THE WORST. One was so rotten her entire team of assistants went out on "sick leave" (at the same time!) to find new jobs. The year I left, most of the billing team that had been there for nearly 10 years also left. All great, hard-working employees who left the managers -- not the job. To this day we sometimes still talk about how awful that place was, but we laugh now!

Advice to Management

None.

"review"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great team to work with, company try to keep up with new products in the market.

Cons

the full fulfillment isn't great, seems you work hard for sale then lose it for reasons out of your hands.

Mar 31, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your contributions to hibu for the past 8 years. As a company, we have made great strides in our fulfillment process. We are constantly looking for ways ... More

"Business Development Representative(Outside Sales Rep)"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong compensation, Flexible schedule as long as you consistently perform well and meet/exceed quota. President's Club Trips, great coworkers

Cons

At the time I worked there we were experiencing substantial financial problems as an organization. High turnover for sales reps and leadership alike.

Advice to Management

Work to stay up to date on Marketing trends

Mar 7, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thanks for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the compensation package, flexible schedule and many benefits we have here at hibu. As we continue to evolve our business, we have ... More

"Never Again!"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Support Specialist (Wipro) in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

co-workers are a great bunch of people who really care about their jobs.

Cons

this job is like being on the Titanic and we are at the part of the movie when the ship hits the iceberg.. It's a dying company lets be realistic, when you go on a job interview and employers ask seriously that company is still open, that is a sign to run for your life!

Advice to Management

just close the company, its almost bankrupt and lets face it not many people use actual yellow books and the digital products are sub par at best. Let the employees you have go and shut down and start over!

Apr 11, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Great things are happening at hibu and we are very excited about our future! We continue to put focus on initiatives that will drive operational, product and sales excellence resulting in the ... More

7. "On the rebound"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Pros

Great Pay, Flexible schedule, The people I work with directly are great. Company benefits are pretty decent as well.

Cons

If you live in a rural area travel can be difficult being home only on weekends for up to three months.

Feb 29, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thanks for the positive feedback and your ongoing contributions to hibu. If there is anything additional we can assist with please feel free to contact hibu Human Resources at 855-447-4428.

"Unhappy"

Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at hibu (More than 8 years)

Pros

Selling advertising to the SMB market is a pleasure. They have a variety of products available. We did not have to report to the office daily.

Cons

With the new products came a lack of mastery. They did not know what they wanted to be good at. The customer no longer mattered; they just wanted to sell something to someone.

Advice to Management

Find your niche and be good at it. Remember that none of us get anywhere if our customers are not happy. We earn loyalty by providing great service at a fair price.

Mar 7, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed selling our products and our virtual work environment. We continue to listen to what small businesses are looking ... More

"Eh it's ok"

Current Employee - Web Writer in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Web Writer in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

The people are great, assistant managers are cool. Everyone tries to make it a fun relaxed workplace despite the sometimes boring situations.

Cons

It's not a bad place to work but there are a lot of changes and instability. Management is not always in the same page about work and policies.

Advice to Management

Get all managers even assistant managers on the same page. Try to get departments to work together to help customers become more satisfied with the products.

Feb 22, 2016 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the work environment at hibu. As we continue to evolve our business, we have and will continue to experience change along the way ... More

10. "Grateful for the experience and for the people that made it happen"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at hibu (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at Hibu and Yellow Book before that, from 1997-2016. I experienced firsthand the transition they made from being a print yellow page company to a full service digital marketing firm. I learned skills that will benefit me the rest of my professional life and made many lifelong friendships.

Cons

There were some growing pains in the aforementioned transition, as they had to experiment with numerous different products and offerings before deciding that digital marketing would be the main focus. It was good to offer customers much to choose from, but trying to figure out who we were and what we wanted to be--from one day to the next--got confusing. To their credit, they realized this and have tried to right the ship.

Showing 1,052 of 1,070 reviews