hibu Reviews | Glassdoor

1,121 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,121 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The flexibility to work from home and office was refreshing (in 56 reviews)

• Last but not least, the work life balance is amazing and the management team is top of the line (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • The customer service needs improvement (in 67 reviews)

• Awful sales reps that I had to work with (in 48 reviews)

1. "Great Leadership- Great Values- Great Place to Work"

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

The leadership truly cares about employees and is ethical and honest. Great culture and a place to build a long term career

Cons

Still a transitioning space so you must be able to tolerate change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Thank you for all that you do.

Aug 7, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback and service to Hibu! We agree that our leadership team cares about our employees and sets the tone for an ethical and honest work place. As with any business, especially... More

2. "Regional Sales Manager Rockford Illinois"

Current Employee - RSM in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - RSM in Rockford, IL

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom, Flexibility, Great bonus Opportunity,

Cons

Reading reviews from former employers who couldn't make it anywhere

Aug 7, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thanks for your feedback and service to Hibu! We agree that there are many perks to our sales positions including the flexibility and outstanding compensation package. Keep up the good work!

"An honest and in-depth review of the inside sales position."

Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people who work there are nice
    - Potential to make money...
    - 3 month ramp-up period before you have to worry about meeting quota and being fired.
    - There is decent base-pay even if you don't make any sales
    - Very little management (at least on my team) so you don't feel like you're being micro-managed every minute of the day
    - You can earn time off, or even paid days off based on successful you are at selling

Cons

Where to start...
    -First and foremost, when considering the job, do not be blinded by the "50,000 annual salary". I made that mistake. You will be told it's achievable and many go above and beyond that but I find that very hard to believe. It's certainly not something you will achieve in your first or even second year.
    - Training is nearly worthless. The trainer herself was nice but it is in every sense, "Death by Powerpoint." It's two weeks of training and nearly everyone in my class came to the same conclusion at the end: We still had no idea. Not about the products, how to work through the software, not even what to say. The training is so detached from what the actual job is, it's almost painful.
    -The job itself is almost identical to political campaign calling; You get to spend 8 hours calling hundreds of business to be either A: Hung up on, B: Told they're not interested or C: Being verbally abused.
    - There are other departments who have it so much easier even where sales are concerned and earn said incentives on a much easier basis and you can be hired into said departments but it's really just luck if you can get into said departments.
    - I was told the company likes to hire from within, yet 3 weeks in when I spoke with my manager about my concerns he informed me that there are people who have been here for 10 years who are unable to advance because the positions are already spoken for.

Advice to Management

First and foremost I would recommend reworking the training as a whole.
    Advertise.
    What makes no sense to me is that we are calling business and telling them they need to be on the first page of Google, that they need their business to be recognised in order to be successful. And yet, if you Google "website builders" or "digital marketing" in the areas you are prominent in, you do NOT come up. In fact, 99% of the people we are calling have never heard of hibu. You would like to slam Go Daddy for spending money on commercials, but people are calling them, aren't they? People know of them.
    It's quite contradictory and supremely frustrating. The lives of outbound sales associates would be considerably easier if you did some sort of marking. Some way appear reputable and benefitial to business across the U.S.

4. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tyler, TX

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good boss, freedom to work, freedom to make your own schedule, building relationships, maintaining relationships

Cons

no upside, micromanaging, too many meetings, not enough time to sale, horrible billing, not good with communication

Aug 7, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for service to Hibu and for your feedback! We agree that there are many pros to working here. If you would like to discuss any of your feedback in more detail, please feel free to contact... More

5. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People that have been in the business for a while can make decent pay.

Cons

It's a flavor of the month club.

Aug 7, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your service to the company! We agree that there is tremendous earning potential for our outside sales employees. We'd be happy to discuss any concerns you have. Please feel free to... More

"Products"

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

Decent digital products that hunt, good opportunity to make some decent money if you work hard

Cons

Objectives hard to hit on regular basis

Advice to Management

Walk in the shoes of the sales rep to really see what they have to do on a daily basis to hit their numbers

Jul 10, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thanks for your feedback. We agree that our sales roles are great opportunities. If you wish to discuss any of your concerns in greater detail, please feel free to contact us at 855-447-4428.

"Fulfillment Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Comfortable atmosphere and decent facilities. On the plus side of the bad situation is that there are so many inconsistencies at the job, no one can get fired for failing because everyone failing is at something.

Cons

Absolutely no upward mobility. If the company doesn't outright remove a management position if someone leaves the company, they pull in people from other departments that have no experience with the particular team they're now managing and have to be taught how to do their job by their subordinates.

Mismanagement of priorities and setting bogus goals for micromanagement purposes instead of addressing real issues that data actually supports.

Advice to Management

Same points already mentioned - Stop the inconsistencies and give people a chance to move up in their job instead of taking away management positions and tacking them on to the workload of other people who don't know what new departments they're managing actually do.

Jul 10, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback and your service to Hibu. We would be happy to discuss your concerns with you. Please feel free to call us at 855-447-4428. We look forward to talking with you in more... More

8. "Great sales company, lousy customer service"

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

Management is supportive and very invested in your success

Cons

Internal and customer support make customer retention difficult.

Advice to Management

Bring the support jobs back to the usa

Jul 10, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback and your service to Hibu! We agree that we have a top notch management team who is invested in their employee's success. We have one of the highest customer retention... More

9. "Account Executive"

I worked at hibu full-time

Pros

-Make your own schedule
    -Base salary
    -2 weeks good training but grueling

Cons

-inside sales help is horrible and primarily overseas
    -terrible software in and out of the field to complete sales, delays of your payment and production to customers
    -high sales expectations/mandatory
    -consistent issues with the production of the product, as a rep if you do not stay up to date with issues they will never be completed
    -consistent issues with existing accounts that you inherit

Advice to Management

As a rep it is your job to make sales, create and maintain relationships. This is normal. There is no legitimate/direct support from corporate to provide you or your customers with help and great customer service.

If you like headaches, unnecessary amounts of extra work with unreliable results this is the job for you.

Jul 10, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that the flexibility, compensation and world class training are all perks to working at Hibu. As with any sales opportunity, you get out what you put in. We... More

10. "Head of PMO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Meadow, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Meadow, NY

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting company for people who wants to transform processes and help in digital transformation.
    Always searching for leading edge technologies which help you to be constantly updated.

Cons

Strong culture makes difficult to change the status quo. Need to create a new culture with new people that act as change agents.

Advice to Management

No specific advice. Need to act strongly on culture aspect, so company really can get the best from people, both old and new one

Jun 19, 2017 – Director - Employee Relations

Thanks for your feedback. We agree that Hibu is an exciting company providing leading edge digital solutions to our customers. Culture is very important to us and we would love to discuss this in... More

Showing 1,121 of 1,139 reviews