himagine solutions Reviews

Updated Jun 7, 2021

Found 289 of over 317 reviews

4.0
himagine solutions Chief Executive Officer Michael DiMarco (no image)
Michael DiMarco
Pros
  • "Great pay, I always have work and when it runs out we still get paid(in 33 reviews)

• "I see most reviews on here are for the coding side of the company(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upon coding 6 billion of backlog in less than 90 days, over a dozen coders were removed from this "permanent" position(in 24 reviews)

• "you get benched occasionally with no pay(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of himagine solutions and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

5 + year employee

Jun 6, 2021 - Outpatient Coder
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, open communication, great benefits.

Cons

Nothing to say as a con

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

I should've went with my gut!

Feb 22, 2021 - Remote Medical Coder
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Recruiter as well as the Coding Supervisor are Awesome!

Cons

I was supposedly hired on in Dec 2020, but not to start work in late January. I did start training the date I was suppose to, but no more than 15 hours per week for the next 3 weeks, even though I was hired FT.. and also during that training period I was making my state minimum's wage. I can't tell you the last time I made minimum wage. My teenager was making more than I was. I never got a chance to make what I was hired to because the client supposedly didn't have enough work after 3 weeks of training and making minimum wage, so I was benched! If work is not found for me in 30 days, I will know longer be employed by Himaginesolutions. I am so disappointed. I turned down other employment to work for Him. Just the fact, there is no thought into how this can be devastating to being able to take care of one's family just disappoints me. Insurance is insanely high, which I never got a chance to participate in. Pto accrual is very low. Not a good experience at all with Himaginesolution.

4 people found this review helpful

Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. It's great to hear that you think highly of your recruiter and supervisor! In your review your mentioned a poor experience on one assignment. Over 95% of the time, employees begin work on a client assignment with little or no delays. This enables us to quickly get an employee working on a client assignment and providing the infrastructure behind the employee to help make him or her successful. Unfortunately, at times, although infrequent, himagine like other employers experience delays in employees having the ability to start their regular work on a client assignment. Unexpected client delays do occur, often times due to systems access issues or client volumes, both of which remain outside of our control. This is likely what happened in your situation. Because we understand the financial impact, for those employees who remained on this particular assignment through training and began performing regular work, himagine guaranteed for this group of employees 30 hours per week paid at employees’ regular pay rates. While paying employees for time not worked is a cost to the company, we felt it was important. With respect to benefits, himagine continually reviews the benefits offered by other employers of a similar size and within our industry to ensure what we offer remains competitive. Rarely do employees leave himagine as a result of our benefits. We work hard to keep employees because they are what matter.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Steady Work

Jun 7, 2021 - Remote Certified Medical Coder in Herrin, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Communication, Flexibility, Pay, Client Stability

Cons

Not familiar with colleagues, expensive benefits, inconsistent messages from C-class leadership

4. 4.0

Better Communication Than Most

Apr 7, 2021 - Remote Medical Coder in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Better structure and communication than other organizations I've worked for

Cons

Written resources lack organization and thoroughness

Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for posting your review! We appreciate your comments regarding our effective structure and communication strategies. We also appreciate your constructive feedback regarding written resources and training for providers. Training and education is certainly a key component to our success!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great people

Mar 6, 2021 - Remote Medical Coder
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long term employment, positive environment, great pay. Most important they are flexible with schedule as long as you communicate.

Cons

As with anything, just have your bad days with any job.

Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We are pleased to hear that you're enjoying your long term employment in a positive environment with great pay!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place

Mar 31, 2021 - Medical Coder
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Great company

Cons

Nothing at all. Everything good

Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. It is great to see that you've listed pay and benefits in the "pros" section. Himagine certainly strives to ensure that pay rates remain competitive and benefits meet the needs of our employees (and their pets!)

7. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 11, 2021 - Remote Medical Coder in Charleston, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay with good benefits.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. It is great to see that you are pleased with the pay and benefits that himagine provides!

8. 3.0

Ok Company

Apr 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team work. Everyone on the team collaborated well.

Cons

Never get to take PTO. Management unorganized.

Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We agree that our teams exercise good teamwork and collaboration. It is disappointing to see that you mentioned "never" taking PTO. Time away from work is essential to developing and maintaining a healthy work-life balance. This is why employees accrue PTO in addition to holiday benefits and flexible scheduling. While a manager may not be able to accommodate a last-minute, non-emergent request, the vast majority of reasonable requests are not only approved, but encouraged.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company! Supportive, Encouraging, with GREAT Managers!

Mar 17, 2020 - Certified Tumor Registrar - Project Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

I see most reviews on here are for the coding side of the company. This review will hopefully help any CTRs who are looking at Himagine for a potential part-time or full-time job. The Registry Services division is fantastic. From the managers to the Director, Gina McNellis, up to the CEO - I have no complaints. Everyone is supportive and acknowledge a job well done. It is rare to find a Tumor Registry consulting company that actually notices achievements made by the CTRs. My Pros: - Pay is good! - Education opportunities (there are a lot) - Supportive management - Ability to connect with team members - Staff meetings and 1:1 meetings with manager (really helps to know how you are doing and where you can improve) - Professional education dollars (most consulting companies do not pay for your education)

Cons

- Onboarding can be a little confusing - Orientation week seems to be a little haphazard. (Recommend giving staff a schedule of what they should be doing on a daily basis at least for the first week.) - Bench Time (This has not happened to me yet, but it is a possibility for project assignments that have come to an end. If you have not been matched up with a new project within 30 days, you are terminated. **Recommend having a lot of skills in the Registry world including knowledge of multiple EMRs and Registry Software systems in order to be in the running for more jobs.)

Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We certainly appreciate your feedback!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

No teamwork, you are on your own.

Mar 20, 2021 - Remote Medical Coder
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay but not worth the mental anguish

Cons

No help available, no email responses for questions, expected to know everything in every area of coding.

2 people found this review helpful

Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We are certainly disappointed to see that although you felt your pay was good, you didn't feel supported in your role. We have an extensive matching process in place to ensure that employees are placed on assignments that fit their skill sets, paired with managers to provide ongoing support. We are saddened to hear that something went wrong and we did not have the opportunity to resolve it for you so you could have the exceptional experience employees can expect from himagine. We value teamwork and encourage our employees to speak up if and when they notice room for improvement. This feedback allows us to continue our ongoing efforts to remain a top employer of choice among HIM professionals.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 289 Reviews