himagine solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 19, 2019

3.8
Michael DiMarco

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great pay, I always have work and when it runs out we still get paid" (in 32 reviews)

• "I was apprehensive about leaving a "secure" position to work from home but himagine far exceeded my expectations" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "We ended up having to share and when there are that many coders and less to do, then yes, of course my productivity was low" (in 11 reviews)

• "when a contract ends you can have a long time in between jobs with no pay" (in 10 reviews)

1. "SPLENDID"

Current Employee - HIM Tech
    Current Employee - HIM Tech

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working for such a Splendid Company. The staff and teams are such a reward to work with. The staff are always on point, from a group meetings, to individual one on one. I always enjoy communicating with the team and staff at HIMAGINE. It's like a " never-ending story" of "professionalism" at HIMAGINE. There's just so much greatness to say about this great employer. However, I will just say I will encourage you to come and be a part of such an Awesome Company.

Cons

There is no Cons at this time.

2. "Respectful and generous!"

Current Employee - Remote Abstractor in Grayling, MI
    Current Employee - Remote Abstractor in Grayling, MI

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My skills are appreciated and valued correctly with equal attention being paid to accuracy and professional judgement, something nearly nonexistent in this business lately. Generous benefits. Supportive management. Really a comfortable and supportive environment. I can focus on my work and not waste time worrying about anything else.

Cons

HR was a little confusing, but they have sufficient staff to help sort things out.

Advice to Management

Space out the onboarding just a little, there was a lot of information in a very short time. I appreciated being paid for it, though. Love having someone with experience in my field to report to. Very rare these days. Love the benefits!

3. "Director"

I worked at himagine solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They reward hard work and good performance, which is exactly what you want out of your employer. Management team is very direct and open with their strategy and objectives. Leadership team is strong and experienced. Culture has grown positively over the last 3 years since new management took over. Employees inside are all working toward same goal. I enjoyed my time here. I only left because an opportunity popped up that was too good to pass up.

Cons

They could have a little better 401k plan, but make up for it with good compensation and consistent annual salary increases.

Feb 4, 2019 – Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We are pleased to hear that you have so many wonderful things to note about himagine, including our practice of rewarding hard work and good performance, our... More

4. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - RHIT, CCS, CRC HCC/HEDIS CODER/VALIDATOR in Harlingen, TX
    Current Employee - RHIT, CCS, CRC HCC/HEDIS CODER/VALIDATOR in Harlingen, TX

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love everything about this company. They keep things fun too, currently we have a Pet Contest going on. I received benefits soon after employment as well and the employer kicks in quite a bit to make it very affordable.

Cons

Not knowing how long project will be, but that's expected with a Contract job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're currently doing!!

Jan 17, 2019 – Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying the pet contest and the affordable benefits offered to you. We appreciate your feedback!

5. "Unproffesional at its finest"

I worked at himagine solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid weekly, that's about it.

Cons

Management, Desktop install, Minimal training. Rushed, lied to, manager had no experience...I could go on. I only gave it 1 star because you have to add at least one to submit this review.

Advice to Management

Not worth it.

6. "Associate Medical Coder"

Current Employee - Associate Medical Coder in Roswell, NM
    Current Employee - Associate Medical Coder in Roswell, NM

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Himagine offers great benefits, competitive pay, and reward programs to its employees. The flexibility in schedule and the ability to work from home is also a plus. I also enjoy the many learning programs and CEUs they offer to their employees.

Cons

40 hours a week is not always guaranteed depending on the project you are working on.

Jan 8, 2019 – Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our benefits, competitive pay, rewards programs, and robust learning platform with free CEUs. We certainly... More

7. "Working for Himagine Solutions"

Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Chicago, IL

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Himagine for a couple of years now and have been on a long term contract which is nice. I have a great manager - she keeps us up to date on what's going on and is interested in any suggestions/issue we have. Himagine provide healthcare, PTO, 401K match, education and holiday pay and they pick 10 employees every quarter to be employee of the month who get $50 Visa card and an entry to employee of the year which is a vacation - next year is Nashville! It is a nice incentive and one I have never heard of at my previous places of employment. I think Himagine does appreciate good workers and is interested in keeping them on.

Cons

I haven't had any problems but I think people need to remember that we are working on contact and companies' needs change so you could be moved around.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep us informed on how the company is doing and recognizing the hard work that we do.

Dec 31, 2018 – Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We are pleased to hear that you have so many wonderful things to say about the company- long term contract, great manager who keeps you informed and is... More

8. "Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Executive Director Coder in Orleans, VT
    Current Employee - Executive Director Coder in Orleans, VT

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great bosses, expectations are more than reasonable, flexible, great pay, great benefits

Cons

No cons to say everything is great!

Dec 31, 2018 – Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We appreciate the feedback!

9. "good"

Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Tampa, FL

I worked at himagine solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

acceptable pay and benefits.

Cons

you get benched occasionally with no pay

Dec 31, 2018 – Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. It is great to hear that you are pleased with the pay and benefits offered to you! Regarding the bench, our dedicated team of Redeployment Managers works... More

10. "HIMagine, where great things happen!"

Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Hot Springs, AR
    Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Hot Springs, AR

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HIMagine strives to include all employees, whether you work on site, in the field, or remote. There are great opportunities for continued education. The work flow is almost seamless once you get past the initial steps. There is absolutely no hesitation in covering bereavement, as 2018 ha been a year of great loss for my family.

Cons

The turnover rate with account managers is a bit high. There is no interaction with Senior Management. It would be nice having an opportunity to meet those individuals you work for. If it’s an impossibility to meet, sending out a company list with pictures would be great to put a face with a name.

Advice to Management

Continue to build a build a great working rapport between all employees. A happy employee is a productive employee.

Jan 2, 2019 – Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. It is wonderful to hear that you are pleased with how himagine strives to include all employees in company initiatives, provides great opportunities for ongoing... More