himagine solutions Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2020

3.9
himagine solutions Chief Executive Officer Michael DiMarco (no image)
Michael DiMarco
Pros
  • "Great pay, I always have work and when it runs out we still get paid(in 33 reviews)

• "I see most reviews on here are for the coding side of the company(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upon coding 6 billion of backlog in less than 90 days, over a dozen coders were removed from this "permanent" position(in 24 reviews)

• "you get benched occasionally with no pay(in 17 reviews)

1. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK"

Former Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at himagine solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

very compassionate and understanding managers. Loved working here.

Cons

Downtime could last too long

July 6, 2020Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine! We are pleased to hear that you found our managers to be very compassionate and understanding!

2. COVID-19

"Special place to work"

Current Employee - Medical Coder in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upper Management made tough decisions and sacrifices to keep as many employees working as possible during the COVID-19 Stay at home orders. The managers and supervisors will listen and talk with you when coding issues need to be resolved.

Cons

Sometimes the supervisors are overworked and can not respond in a timely fashion.

June 29, 2020Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine! Yes, himagine's leadership team made some very tough decisions and took significant salary reductions in order to steer the company through the unprecedented impact of the COVID-19 global pandemic. Leaders value the importance of maintaining benefits such as medical coverage and were able to do so for furloughed employees as a part of the overall plan to provide as much support as possible to our employees. We are confident about the future as we begin the rebuilding process!

3. "Great company! Supportive, Encouraging, with GREAT Managers!"

Current Employee - Certified Tumor Registrar - Project Lead

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I see most reviews on here are for the coding side of the company. This review will hopefully help any CTRs who are looking at Himagine for a potential part-time or full-time job. The Registry Services division is fantastic. From the managers to the Director, Gina McNellis, up to the CEO - I have no complaints. Everyone is supportive and acknowledge a job well done. It is rare to find a Tumor Registry consulting company that actually notices achievements made by the CTRs. My Pros: - Pay is good! - Education opportunities (there are a lot) - Supportive management - Ability to connect with team members - Staff meetings and 1:1 meetings with manager (really helps to know how you are doing and where you can improve) - Professional education dollars (most consulting companies do not pay for your education)

Cons

- Onboarding can be a little confusing - Orientation week seems to be a little haphazard. (Recommend giving staff a schedule of what they should be doing on a daily basis at least for the first week.) - Bench Time (This has not happened to me yet, but it is a possibility for project assignments that have come to an end. If you have not been matched up with a new project within 30 days, you are terminated. **Recommend having a lot of skills in the Registry world including knowledge of multiple EMRs and Registry Software systems in order to be in the running for more jobs.)

May 5, 2020Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We certainly appreciate your feedback!

4. "Overall good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Medical Coder

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, consistent work, excellent manager. Communication is a little lax, but I think it's because it's obvious that the manager has had way too much shoved onto them lately.

Cons

Company is constantly giving our manager more contracts to manage, giving them less time to spend helping us. . Super easy to burn out when lazy people are constantly being overlooked. Auditing inconsistent; concerns regarding audit are brushed off or completely ignored.

March 2, 2020Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We are pleased to hear that you have good pay, consistent work, and an excellent manager. Thank you for the feedback regarding your manager's workload. It's important to find the right balance when it comes to staffing levels, so we appreciate the concern. Please remember that you are welcome to bring specific concerns to HR as well so we can work toward a resolution together.

"Pitiful"

2.0
    Current Employee - Coder

I have been working at himagine solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is good - that’s about it.

Cons

A lot of work and time put in towards the application process and onboard process, and the “training” process. Once finished I was left like a deer in headlights. No indication from day to day when I would start work or “how” I would work. I’ve been working for Himagine for almost 3 months now and it’s been a complete joke. I was told I would be doing one thing for work but I’m doing something completely different. I was told I could do my schedule a certain way and somewhere along the way that has been changed. The biggest issue for me has been MINIMAL WORK! I can’t believe the amount of people that are working on each project, and we are all told we would get 20 or 40 hours a week and are not meeting that. I have only had one paycheck that is a full 20 hours. I hope that this is nobody’s first job because you will not survive. I have brought this to their attention multiple times and have just got the run around.

March 2, 2020Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review. While it's great to hear you feel good about your pay, it is disappointing to hear about your experience so far. Perhaps there are unique factors causing a little confusion. Please remember you are welcome to reach out to HR to get help resolving matters that may prevent you from having a positive, professional, and fulfilling experience.

6. "Good"

2.0
    Current Employee - Medical Secretary

I have been working at himagine solutions part-time

Pros

Flexible hours at the office

Cons

Talking with a lot of people at the office

March 2, 2020Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for posting a review of himagine!

7. "Best Remote Coding Company"

Current Employee - Inpatient Coder in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working as a remote coder with himagine, you will get so much support from every level. When you come on board you will have a team guiding you and assisting you along the way and you won't feel lost or left alone to figure things out. Himagine assists their coders with training and support. They also provide great rewards and gifts for hard workers. They appreciate their employees, and you will feel appreciated for your work.

Cons

If there was a downside, I would say that we don't get to go into the office to just see your coworkers once in a while, but that isn't even a downside because we communicate via email.

March 2, 2020Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine! It is great to hear that you feel supported, guided, and appreciated. Working remotely can make it a little challenging to see coworkers in person on a regular basis, but we are always working on ways to ensure everyone feels engaged and connected.

8. "Blessed to work here!"

Current Employee - Trauma Registrar in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Consistent work - minimal downtime Fun contests to enter for prizes Education dollars Great communication with managers

Cons

No merit raises - stopped this year Bi-weekly pay - just recently changed from weekly

January 3, 2020Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for reviewing himagine! We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying consistent work with minimal downtime, fun employee contests, education dollars for career enhancement, and great communication with your credentialed managers. We did have to make some adjustments to our operations this year as a part of a longer term strategy to provide stronger support to our employees and better service to our clients. Thank you for your contributions and we also look forward to many more years to come!

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Waynesboro, PA

I have been working at himagine solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, fair salary, great co-workers, employee engage

Cons

None so far, great company

January 3, 2020Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for posting your review of himagine! It is great to hear that you are enjoying your part-time position at himagine with flexible hours, a fair salary, great co-workers, and engaged employees. We value your contributions to the organization!

10. "Himagine Solutions is a great company!"

Current Employee - Inpatient Coder in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at himagine solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Himagine Solutions has really fun competitions with great prizes. The staff and managers are all very friendly and helpful. In my 3+ years working here I have never had any issues with anyone. The hours are great-I actually get to pick my own hours.

Cons

No cons...I really only have good things to say!

November 6, 2019Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of himagine. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the positive work environment we strive to maintain through several programs, including the employee contests. Our friendly and helpful managers certainly work hard for their teams to ensure everyone feels supported!

Found 270 reviews