KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

honeygrow Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2021

Found 86 of over 91 reviews

3.9
honeygrow Founder & CEO Justin Rosenberg (no image)
Justin Rosenberg
Pros
  • "Very fast paced and exciting place to work(in 6 reviews)

• "Friendly and productive work environment(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Constant growing pains after being opened for 5 years(in 6 reviews)

• "High turnover, counter intuitive policies, physically demanding(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Jun 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun Easy to learn Fast paced Lovely staff

Cons

Staff shortages from time to time

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad you enjoyed your time with honeygrow.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

General Manager

Jul 10, 2021 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- as a first time GM I learned a lot about how to run a buisness, everything was very user friendly, and anything you needed to know was on a doc or SOP - holiday closed and paid holidays -fast paced ( time goes by very fast) -healthy food - free shift meal for family - excellent work/life balance -great PTO

Cons

-pay - can be a little disorganized at times in terms of vendors and communication but that is common with a growing company - no recognized for hard work all of the time

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! At honeygrow, we offer incentives and perks like referral bonuses, anniversary gifts, and recognition awards for stellar employees. But we would love even more recommendations on how to make our employees feel appreciated for all of their hard work and dedication. Even as a former employee, please feel free to reach out to our HR Department if you'd like to provide any additional feedback!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great for students and young professionals. Positive, team oriented philosophy

Jan 28, 2021 - Ambassador in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They listen to your availability, and make sure not to over schedule you. I am one of two or three other students on staff, and we sparingly close. Often we have the mid shift, and prep for close, but I rarely get home after 8:30p. The crew is full of positive people who are open minded, and genuine. You get a free meal every shift, and can even take it home with you at the end. Training is pretty thorough. Each station is streamlined, and easy to cross train.

Cons

No opportunity for tips, training was a little rushed for me, but they needed me pretty quickly. It is difficult to make changes to how things are cooked or prepped, even when customers opinions are shared.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad that you're enjoying the free meal perk! We launched tipping via our app in September 2020, so now all team members are earning tips in every paycheck. If you have questions about this, please feel free to reach out to our HR department at any time. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to hg!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Descent place

Apr 19, 2021 - General Manager in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Owner is a genuine person and tries to take care of his employees when not being manipulated by negative influences.

Cons

Interior structure of management is horrific. They often appear to be friendly, but very self serving and manipulative.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're disappointed to hear that you're upset with our management. Please reach out to our HR team at any time if you have concerns - hr@honeygrow.com

5. 5.0

Love it here!

Apr 3, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, great team, fun environment

Cons

Busy and can sometimes be hard

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks so much for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying honeygrow!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not much room for growth, micromanagement from CEO

May 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

50% off meals, fun warehouse office location

Cons

no guidance from upper-level execs except in cases of extreme micromanagement, relatively low pay for corporate positions, expected to work longer hours than advertised

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're disappointed that you did not seem to enjoy your time with honeygrow, but appreciate any and all feedback that we receive. We will use this information to re-evaluate our processes and will certainly discuss the concerns you mentioned.

7. 5.0

Good overall

Mar 23, 2021 - Food Service Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Salary and very organized work environment

Cons

Management was often overly critical

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad that you recognize our strong focus on organization within the restaurant. Management is also focused on making sure we're consistently putting out superior products and taking care of our guests, so sometimes we do point out the little things if they can be better! We hope you continue to enjoy your time working with us and thank you for all your hard work to ensure that hg keeps being the best in the game!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Better paying options, culture is pretty solid.

Feb 21, 2021 - Service Manager in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team Fun environment Semi-Fast Paced Team-based line work

Cons

Higher ups have unrealistic expectations Pay could be better Management is wishy washy

HR

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad that you enjoy the great team-oriented environment, but are disappointed to hear that you have a negative outlook overall. Please always feel free to reach out to your District Manager or our HR department if you have any concerns!

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Very hard experience but learned a lot. Support from some higher ups but not all. Communication sometimes a mixed bag.

Feb 4, 2021 - General Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool concept, good benefits, free food, room for growth and development, some really good people

Cons

Hours can be very long, not always clear training or guidance, some locations difficult to staff, lots of things can change quickly/all at once

10. 2.0

ok but not great

Mar 18, 2021 - Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

ok pay and other employees are mostly nice

Cons

work too hard and long hours

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're disappointed to see that you do not recommend working at honeygrow. Please know that you can always reach out to your District Manager or our HR Department if you have any concerns regarding your working conditions or hours.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 86 Reviews