i3 International Reviews | Glassdoor

Jack Hoang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Completely Engaged"

I have been working at i3 International full-time

Pros

This company really strives to keep employees happy. They are always willing to listen and have their employees best interests in mind.

Cons

Some of the downsides are that the rollover of PTO is only 40 hours per year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Reach out to your employees maybe with an anonymous questionnaire to see how you are doing. Most of the feedback I'm sure will be positive but there will always be room for improvement.

"Decent Company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Penn, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Penn, PA

I have been working at i3 International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to work from home when not traveling. Good Management

Cons

Not structured well. Not focused on strengths and market penetration

Advice to Management

Do not react quickly to issues, develop more thoughtful execution of plans

"Great management, product, and family like work environment"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at i3 International (More than 3 years)

Pros

i3 International has a total open door policy, management push for a family like environment with employees to make everyone feel appreciated. Effectively listens to employees and clients concerns, and reacts in a very timely manner.

Excellent end-to-end product, innovative VMS which differentiates from them from other manufacturers. Sales structure is setup to ensure success - as a Regional Sales Manager you have your own internal sales team to take responsibilities off your plate, making sure you have time to open doors and close deals. Fantastic potential for growth, i3 International is organically growing at a great rate with that being said leadership positions are looking to be filled in the near future.

Cons

Isn't as well known to the consumer as their large publicly traded competition.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing time and effort on product development as you've been doing, that product really makes i3 International stand-out beyond their competition.

"Challenging work with an amazing, growing company"

I have been working at i3 International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for i3 provides a lot of autonomy which is great for the right people. The training and support system are top notch as well as the whole staff in the corporate office. Senior management is very involved, accessible, and actually values feedback from the employees. The work itself is challenging and for those that have the self discipline and motivation to succeed there are many opportunities. After working for large and Fortune 500 companies, the family culture provided here far surpasses my prior work experiences. I feel extremely lucky to have become a part of this organization.

Cons

Being a smaller company there are some quirks and nuances that will differ from larger employers. The specific structure and channels to take things through is not always set in stone and can change from time to time. It is a business with a family culture to its core so these types of things should be expected. It will require you to simply be flexible and adaptive to change.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Great company, great opportunties if you are motivated"

Current Employee - RSM
    Current Employee - RSM

I have been working at i3 International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small private company that values employee feedback and direction. The staff and management from top to bottom is fantastic and truly creates a family culture. Work is challenging and self motivation is needed in order to succeed, but all the tools are given to you in order to achieve that. Good work-life balance as well. Pay is fair with many performance incentives in place.

Cons

It is a small, private company which has its pros and cons. The pros far outweigh the cons in my eyes, but you have to be conscious that there will be small quirks you wouldnt experience in a large corporate-type job. Some information and processes can be hard to find and define at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Involving your employees in the company and taking their feedback is very valuable.

"Work hard but appreciated through family culture"

Former Employee - Sales in National City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in National City, CA

I worked at i3 International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay (In Sales)
    Family Culture
    Company that listens to customers and employees
    Growing organization

Cons

Long hours and quite a bit of traveling
    "OK" benefits (standard)
    Accountability

Advice to Management

Upper management is down to earth, friendly, fun. I enjoyed my time and my reasons for leaving have nothing to do with the organization.

"Strange company"

Pros

Just good till u get a new job

Cons

they will ask u to submit your original degree to the organization to trap u then force u to do something u were not asked to.
    salary is just peanuts
    work and work pressure a lot

8. "Mutual respect from both management and employees and positive working experience."

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at i3 International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone I’ve worked with at i3 are down to earth and amazing. I’m surprised at some of the negative feedback from some of the ex-employees. i3 is like a second family, it doesn’t feel like a big corporate company. There’s always something to look forward to - summer bbq’s and ping pong matches during the year enable employees to bond and engage with those from different departments. The company takes care to bring employees together and make them feel important and valued.

One of the things I love about this company is the emphasis on assisting people who are less fortunate. I3 provides food to community meals and partner agencies such as 5n2 Soup Kitchens. Employees take shifts during the work day to volunteer to prepare food, in addition, funds were raised as a Corporate Teambuilding and Social responsibility program as one of their Christmas events. In 2015 they supported the “Mosaic Group” and sponsored a family of 8 from Syria that was residing in Jordan.

I feel privileged to work for this company. It’s challenging and satisfying when projects and deadlines are completed. Management and employees have mutual respect and it’s a very positive working experience.

Cons

Monthly birthday cake celebration gatherings are sometimes a bit disruptive and can put on a few extra pounds!!

"Sales"

Current Employee - RSM in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - RSM in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at i3 International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family oriented company. When something happens outside of work, they are always there. This is an amazing part of my job to be felt like i am not just another number.

Cons

Some prefer the corporate culture. When it comes to family run company (even though there are over 100 employees), you may be asked to do something outside of your job description. I enjoy this and makes the time go faster. I have heard people complain on why they need to help during inventory day instead of doing their stuff. Personal preference

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Thank you for being there over the years.

10. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Support Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Support Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at i3 International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management team who is willing to listen and change when needed. They care and so that when they can

Cons

It is a mid-size company and you definitely have to work hard here. currently, they are super busy so there is a lot of time spent on the road.

Advice to Management

Don't grow just for growth. Enjoy what you have built with your employees