i3 Research Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "just starting"

Current Employee - Medical Writer in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Medical Writer in Lexington, MA

Pros

people are really cooperative and willing to share learnings and experience, non-competitive, collegial, especially when work remotely have to work this way

Cons

at this point in my career have not experienced any cons, perhaps one con is that work remotely and can sometimes have a hard time separately work from personal life but that could happen at any company where work remotely

2. "I worked for 3 years as a CRA"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at i3 Research (More than a year)

Pros

Employees have great work ethic, reliable, supportive and positive. Awesome training opportunities and well-deserved promotions. I'd recommend to those starting in the clinical research industry.

Cons

No work life balance, employees are underpaid: I've seen multiple people in various positions who left the company with 20-30% increases in salary with their new company

Advice to Management

Management expects loyalty with the company but don't want to invest to keep employees. Employees are underpaid compared to their market price.

"Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk"

Pros

The people are great to work with.

Cons

The management can't be trusted making morale low.

Advice to Management

Do what you say you are going to do. Keep morale high with your employees.

5. "Struggling through merger activities. Employees are not feeling valued."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Pros

Great and highly skilled employees.

Cons

Lack of strong leadership and communication from management

6. "I was very satisfied until i3 was bought by inVentv"

Current Employee - Regional Clinical Research Associate in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Clinical Research Associate in Cary, NC

Pros

Assigned towork with a only one sponsor
    Get lots of positive feedback.
    Treated as a professional.
    Assigned sites are regional

As part of the PSP, I am assigned to a a only one sponsor and 4 sister protocols for the same therapeutic area. The managers on my team have worked hard to keep our assigned sites local or regional. I've had 3 really good managers, all of whom were supportive and gave a lot of positive feedback. We've been treated as professionals and our time is flexible. We are given lots of updates which can be good or bad.

Cons

Things are in upheaval since bought by inVentiv.
    Lots of turnover at present.
    Too many managers.
    Not enough worker bees.

Although we are given frequent updates about the merger, it is hard to know what to expect when all of the changes are finalized. It feels like it is taking forever to sort things out.

I'm not sure how much of my dissatisfaction is from the merger and how much is due to the sponsor I am currently assigned to. This particular sponsor has a lot of unwieldy applications and requires an excessive amount of training. There are a lot of tasks that are given higher priority than monitoring sites, which should be of utmost importance. We are overworked because of this and because we can't keep enough monitors to make up a complete team. It is impossible to do the job in a 40-50 hour work week. I was able to deal with this until the merger. The added stress of all of the resulting changes have been too much. I will probably be leaving soon..

Advice to Management

Streamline management and hire more CRAs. Be more judicious when negotiating contracts with sponsors so CRAs are not overworked. Sponsor expectations should be more clear cut and consitent from beginning to end of each protocol. Allowing sponsors to add extra work with immediate deadlines leads to low morale and higher turnover in staff.

7. "Senior management was completely in over their head and about 15 years behind the curve"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

mid-level folks were great and very smart and competent. People tended to get promoted far beyond their capabilities and with no emphasis on their interpersonal skills or actual industry expertise

Cons

senior management never ever has your back, the more you do and the harder you work, the more will be expected of you. It is never enough and you never feel secure.

Advice to Management

There is a reason they've slowly been made redundant and irrelevant.

8. "Leadership and management skills were poor and inconsistent throughout the company."

Current Employee - Clinical Project Assistant II in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Clinical Project Assistant II in Cary, NC

Pros

Provided good health benefits through United Healthcare.

Cons

Poor management and leadership skills, inconsistent promotions and bonuses.

Advice to Management

i3research would have been a great company to work if they had not allowed many highly skilled and competent employees over a period of time to leave because of continued dissatisfaction and frustration due to decisions not to act on their issues and concerns. If the company had been willing to correct or replace bad upper management employees with managers who possessed good management and people skills, it could have been an enjoyable place to work.

9. "The worst CRO in the business"

Former Employee - Sales in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Sales in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Great healthcare benefit. Their owned by United Healthcare.

Cons

Poor management across the board has led the company to the point they are now for sale.

10. "A Fine Line"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Pros

The payscales are fair and mid-management is very supportive of their direct reports. Flexibility is givem freely as long as it is earned.

Cons

Work present load is high and the cuts in staff have been significant. Employees are looking from direction from the top but have been in the dark.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees - they need to know what is going on in the corporation and how the changes are planned.

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Flexibility, challenging work, opportunities for growth, opportunity to work from home

Cons

Heavy workload requires working 50 plus hours per week

Advice to Management

Hire more people so the workload can be better distributed