iCIMS Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
iCIMS Chairman & CEO Colin Day
Colin Day

Pros
  • In-office benefits include company lunches, monthly performance perks, bagel fridays (in 12 reviews)

• great people to work with and the office environment is laid back (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is improving - but can be a little tough at times (in 9 reviews)

• No cons working here as an intern (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Breath of fresh air"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Matawan, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Matawan, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truthfully don't think I will get enough characters here to describe the pros of working at iCIMS, but here goes. Having worked for companies who drive you into the ground with negativity and been in truly depressing work environments, iCIMS is a complete breath of fresh air. My manager actually truly cares to help me become a better employee and progress within the company, something that I still am shocked about coming from other offices. My mentor is so helpful to me and I feel like I can turn to anyone on my team with questions or advice on how they would handle a situation. The work can be difficult, but it is rewarding and you are pushed in a motivating way rather than a hurtful way.

Cons

The literal only con is that space is hard to come by since so many people are flocking to work for such a great company.

Advice to Management

PLEASE continue what you are doing! Working for iCIMS is truly the best thing I've done thus far in my career as it's the first time that I feel like a person and not a number and felt that my contributions matter. In a company of 500+ and the executives know your names? All I can say is wow and thank you.

May 2, 2016 – Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time to write these kind words and hope that you continue to enjoy your experience working for us.

"Excellent Company!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome software, great leadership, fantastic compensation.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

"Project Manager"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

iCIMS is a great company that offers incredible benefits and opportunity for growth. They are a SaaS company that is growing and has the potential to be one of the top technology companies in the country.

Cons

Management at iCIMS can be better and they could work on growing staff with session planning.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees instead of only thinking about replacing if they don't seem to work to your level. The average employee time to ramp up needs to be 1.5 years.

5. "New Hire Review"

Current Employee - User Experience Analyst II in Matawan, NJ
    Current Employee - User Experience Analyst II in Matawan, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a new hire I am providing a review of the interview process at ICIMS. Overall, the interview process went smoothly, and I met some incredible people along the way. I think the key to having a good interview with ICIMS, is to bring your passion for the position, which you are applying for. To also provide as much information, to the interview, that can been seen as a benefit to the company, this highlights your strengths.

The company atmosphere was extremely positive.

Cons

None at this time to report.

Advice to Management

None at this time

"Miserable"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

- Great benefits (401k, healthcare, PTO)
    - Location (great if you live in NJ)
    - Casual attire

Cons

- Zero Career growth. upper management do not have a career plan so why would an associate?
    - Perks are being eliminated. there used to be socials each month...those are gone. There used to be a great training package...that's dwindling. If you like bagels, they offer bagels on Fridays and there's a Coca Cola machine that's filled each week
    - Sales is a frat house
    - Marketing is miserable
    - Overworked and under compensated
    - Takes at least 2 yrs to be promoted from a level 1 to a level 2
    - Leadership does not know what is going on. Very disconnected from C-level to VP to management to associate

Advice to Management

Work on ensuring current employees are happy before you go ahead and onboard a boat load of people every two weeks. Promote within. Give your employees something to reach for rather than hitting monthly quotas so managers look good and hitting reset every month

Jan 31, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for highlighting our benefits, which we take great pride in. As we always say – our employees need to be adaptable and embrace change. While we have made ... More

"Complete Joke"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Decent benefits and PTO...

Cons

- Overworked and underpaid
    - Cut throat
    - Very cliquey
    - The product itself is mediocre at best, constant issues.
    - Clueless middle management in every department across the board.

"Company in shambles"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at iCIMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits easily the best thing icims offers, other company could learn from there benefits package.. first option free or extremely affordable buy up package

Cons

The amount of cons at this company are too many to name. The CEO has a great company vision and its unfortunate the upper management below him couldn't run a circus. Middle management has ZERO say in anything, they are literally told how to run their department and their employees by upper management, they even have to change employees reviews to go ahead with upper management agendas.

Completely frat house atmosphere. Over 20 employees have up and walked out or have been pushed out. EXTREMELY UNREALISTIC sales goals.

There is a reason almost every employee is right out of school, stay for a year or two and move on, awful work/life balance as well

Missed budget almost every month in 16, not one change in any of the upper management or "sr" leaders. Its ALWAYS the employees fault. All the upper management is from company the ladders and nepotism hires and hand picked yes man hires run rampant at this place. In a company huge on change only thing not changing at this company are the upper management who have run the place into the ground and took one of the best places to work and turned it into the circus.

Advice to Management

My manager was great its a shame they would not let him manage his department or employees

Jan 31, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator

It’s unfortunate that you didn’t have a good experience with us. Simply put, not everyone is a fit for us nor are we a fit for everyone. We wish you the best in your next endeavor. That said, we ... More

"The People Are Who Makes iCIMS Great, But That Seems To Be Slowly Changing"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Matawan, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Matawan, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* I work with amazing and talented people
    * Benefits package is decent
    * Ability to work from home when needed

Cons

* Tend to grossly underpay employees
    * Shift in culture
    * Tend to execute without proper planning

Advice to Management

Focus on smart process changes and plan how to execute them. Have a vested interest in those you manage because they are more than willing to work harder if they know you care and are trying to do things intelligently, rather than haphazardly. Take risks on great culture fits and enthusiastic people.

10. "Exciting Company"

I worked at iCIMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for!

Cons

Hectic environment, Multiple initiatives going on.

"Subject Matter Expert"

I worked at iCIMS (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and helpful co-workers!! Generous PTO.

Cons

Company growing too fast for inadequate management. Management is just making it up as they go. Fun for them, sucks for everyone else. Lots of turnover.