iCIMS Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2020

iCIMS CEO Steve Lucas
Steve Lucas
Pros
  • "The Talent Acquisition team made the multi-stage interview process clear and communication was constant the entire process(in 31 reviews)

• "They take care of you and hold work-life balance a priority(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons regarding the interview process(in 35 reviews)

• "Typical growing pains of any company that is expanding this rapidly(in 21 reviews)

1. "iCIMS "cares more" even about their employees"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Proactive, Cares about their employees

Cons

I have yet to find one

iCIMS2020-06-01

"Very Poor Lay Off Execution"

2.0

I worked at iCIMS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people who worked here were awesome. My teams felt like families and a lot of the connections I made exist beyond my employment.

Cons

Acquired by the Private Equity Firm Vista and things started to go downhill. I would like to believe I was one of the more hopefully people who thought things wouldn't be too bad once Vista hopped on board but I soon realized I was sadly mistaken. Since iCIMS was acquired by Vista the culture felt it began to go downhill. Soon the focus was not about building something 'bug free' or 'easy to use' but on making sure things were released ASAP; whether the product was bug free was something we would worry about "after release". To make things worse, a plan was set in place to get rid of all test engineers within the company. They wanted to turn these TE's into "Software Engineers" and developers when in-turn expected to begin UI testing as well. This, unfortunately, called for many people well into their careers to consider changing their own career path. While I stayed optimistic about this career change, a year later I was informed we want to move testing off-shore. This product already had enough issues while being tested internally, by the people who know it the best. I can't imagine how many issues will result from this off-shore testing... All in all, I loved working for this company for the last few years but was unfortunately met with the sad reality of private equity - soon became about reducing unnecessary expenses and streamlining our business to improve profit/expense ratios, but in theory, the human component suffered tremendously.

iCIMS2020-04-21

"New CEO lacks empathy"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There have been many opportunities for me to further my career in my time at iCIMS

Cons

Steve Lucas is making me question whether the culture we've built will be thrown by the wayside. He has shown no empathy or authenticity in his handling of layoffs. How tone deaf is it to have a company wide meeting about how excited and optimistic you are for the "short term future" the day after a surprise round of layoffs that you didn't even acknowledge was happening at the time? People are processing a surprise attack on their community and grieving and this guy could best be described as "peppy". This man is not a leader.

iCIMS2020-04-28

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had a wonderful experience interviewing with iCIMS, and was beyond impressed with the training and onboarding that each new employee gets. It really gave me a great feel for the company and it's values. I joined just as COVID-19 really made the news and have been impressed with how the company has handled this. From frequent meetings with upper management, to clearly seeing how pulse check survey results are being used to improve the quality of life of iCIMS employees. It's been a great experience so far and I'm excited to learning and growing with this team.

Cons

There seems to be some disconnect between the parent company and the companies that were acquired that is still being worked through internally. Sometimes it feels like we're all on the same team working towards a goal, other time it feels like multiple teams are fighting over shared resources to accomplish the same goal. Not awful necessarily as anyone in a big or even small organization can feel this way.

iCIMS2020-06-01

"Drastic shift in company vision"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-III

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Up to date tech stack. Decent amount of free food and drinks. The company has often shown their appreciation for the employees. Haven't experienced micromanaging. We're given freedom/flexibility to work however works best for us.

Cons

Below market pay. New CEO has very different approach to leading the company than the previous. The culture has always been the best part of working here, and now it seems to be changing for the worse. In the midst of the pandemic, layoffs, and reorgs, our Townhall meetings are rushed through and filled with unhelpful motivational speaches. Employee concerns and questions are ignored. The employee morale is the lowest it's been in the years I've worked here (I'm aware COVID shares responsibility for this). During a hiring freeze and layoffs, the new CEO hired his daughter. Sales is favored by upper management over other departments.

iCIMS2020-04-29

"An awesome company to work for."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very supportive colleagues, good manager and overall a transparent company with management that truly cares.

Cons

Compensation can always be better

iCIMS2020-05-16

"Great company, too many changes - No job security or growth"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at iCIMS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits Reputable company Campus and perks

Cons

No growth quick to cut people layoffs were immense during Covid-19 and poorly handled

iCIMS2020-05-19

"You've got my endorsement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong vision, purpose, and values of the company Focused on customer outcomes Great benefits An incredible employee base Strong leadership - leading in uncertain times

Cons

Like most companies around the US, iCIMS is facing some challenges resulting from the pandemic and the company had to make some tough decisions

iCIMS2020-05-04

"Awesome Environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture and community building is excellent. People are always willing to help in order to solve a problem.

Cons

Requires people to collaborate with many others in order to accomplish a goal, which can be a work environment that some people may not enjoy.

iCIMS2020-05-14

"Time of Transition"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

For those that have never worked for a company that was acquired by a PE group, the recent changes (org restructure, layoffs, leadership changes) have hit pretty hard it seems. The fact that it is all happening during a pandemic does not help either. That said, these are all business decisions that make sense big picture and will allow for the company to grow and that growth is something I am excited about. Pro's: * Team members * Management * Fair comp * Competitive Solutions

Cons

I do wish a different tone was struck during all of this. Less locker room pump up speeches and more transparency/empathy would go alot further IMO. Reference other industry leaders & organizations and their handling. It's ok to be excited, but know the time and place.

iCIMS2020-04-30