iCIMS Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

206.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=iCIMS~34908
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and desire to improve.(in 54 reviews)
  • "The only thing that was a positive was the great people that worked there and all have since been let go or have left(in 51 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great(in 41 reviews)
  • "Everyone I met was friendly and professional and genuinely seemed to enjoy working there.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance(in 21 reviews)
Cons
  • "Inexperienced managers aren't developed and often manage their teams into the ground.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Hard to succeed with NO training, NO coaching, No direction, and then given unattainable goals.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Pay is low and it feels like leadership takes every step to keep it there.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Sales is favored by upper management over other departments.(in 8 reviews)
  • "low salaries (but they say they're competitive)(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of iCIMS and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Fantastic Company

Jun 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came from the transportation industry and it has truly been amazing to work for iCIMS. The managers are top notch, the director is there when you need him, and the entire sales team wants to see you succeed. Everyone on the SDR team is there when you need them and extremely helpful. The amount of technology and tools you have at your disposal is truly next to none! If you are looking to jump in the SaaS world, iCIMS is a fantastic place to start your career!

Cons

None that I know of yet.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Oct 4, 2021 - Sales Support Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

great leadership, good work/life balance

Cons

no cons at this time

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

iCIMS is flourishing and so am I!

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Wonderful CEO - Amazing experience with my manager/leader. I am supported, encouraged & valued daily. - Great work/life balance - this is my first healthy relationship with my work - I feel secure in sharing when I need to put focus on my home life, my self care, etc. iCIMS has made huge strides in this area - thank you to leadership for making this a priority and leading with empathy!! - Internal mobility is ACHIEVABLE here. My recommendation to anyone feeling stuck in their career - say something. Likely your employer, especially iCIMS will take the right steps to show you are valued & get you in the position you deserve/where you can thrive. - The culture of iCIMS is hands down the reason I stay - yes, benefits are awesome, but it’s the people who make all the difference. iCIMS does a great job hiring to ensure a collaborative team environment filled with smart, kind & go-getter employees. iCIMS makes hiring the BEST a constant.

Cons

iCIMS is a fast paced environment and definitely made for a go-getter in the workplace. Challenge accepted!!

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

May 16, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clear onboarding. Solid Product. Attainable goals.

Cons

A con across all large sales orgs that you are a cog in a machine. Don't see individual work making huge business impact.

5. 5.0

Top of the Line Company

May 13, 2022 - Consultant in Holmdel, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company with excellent growth potential.

Cons

No complaints with the current status of the company. They take care of their ee's.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

I still battle work-PTSD from iCIMS.

Apr 11, 2022 - Marketing Specialist in Holmdel, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall the benefits were pretty great. And the location - as a NJ based tech company, was a huge plus.

Cons

The management at iCIMS - even those who have been there since the company started - has completely lost touch with the employees. Successful companies work when executives state plans, and individual contributors decide how to reach those goals. At iCIMS, the executives are so prescriptive and involved in small minute details that you don't have a chance to be creative or actually grow. There's also a huge culture of playing favorites. Add all of that to the fundamental issue - that their product is being built to get more customers in the door and not to retain those they already have, and everyone's life is a living hell.

9 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Great Company Culture

Mar 24, 2022 - Technical Account Manager (TAM) in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working here. They are forward thinking in everything they do, I love the foundation of their diversity and inclusion program, and Leadership is fantastic. My colleagues and mentor are great, and the benefits are awesome. They truly care about the employees overall happiness, and understand that even though they are a software company, the employees are at the forefront of everything that they do. I love it.

Cons

I wish that the 401k match was higher (3% is fine, but my last job offered 6) and the vesting was less than 5 years, but I’ll take it. The toughest part is the remote training resources. They could improve there, but it’s absolutely not a deal breaker.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Overall positive experience

Apr 29, 2022 - Analyst in Holmdel, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively informal work culture. Friendly environment. Good teamwork within same levels of the organization.

Cons

Got a sense towards the end that there was a very hierarchical, top down culture continuing to set in. The kind where you tell your manager - "but that doesn't make sense, we should really do x", and your manager says - "yes I agree but my manager wants y".

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Scary experience

Apr 14, 2022 - Professional Services Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great HQ in NJ, good health benefits, learned a lot

Cons

I don’t think I could have had a more traumatizing experience working for this company in Customer Success. CS was NOT considered a priority when thinking about initiatives - more of an after thought, which resulted in a horrible customer experience because we weren’t properly enabled to do our jobs. Sudden product releases without warning or context, random acquisitions, and constant demands from sales to support their futile efforts to lure unattainable customers when we didn’t even have the bandwidth to manage our day to day as it was. Leadership did nothing to prevent that sort of culture from continuing regardless of feedback from every individual contributor that was able to take a break from drowning and actually give feedback. Everything fell on deaf ears.

15 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Definitely respects Work Life Balance but Salaries need a change

May 10, 2022 - Consultant in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible PTO, Nice people, out of the office at 5 everyday

Cons

doesn't pay enough for the amount of work that needs to be done and the lack of resources hurt the project lifecycle

Viewing 1 - 10 of 571 Reviews

iCIMS Reviews FAQs

iCIMS has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 623 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at iCIMS to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, iCIMS employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at iCIMS. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

59% of iCIMS employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated iCIMS 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at iCIMS to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be compensation, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with iCIMS Job Seekers