iContact Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2019

3.6
iContact CEO Geoffrey Alexander
Geoffrey Alexander

"Couldn't ask for a better place to work..."

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Company Culture is very much centered on work-life balance, some companies brag about a "work-hard/play hard" culture, but iContact lives it. -Results oriented sales team and management, which I love. If you perform well, you are rewarded and no one is micromanaging your day to day activity, which makes for a very positive work environment. -Transparency across all business units, and all managers have an... open-door policy, even upper level managers. -Compensation is very competitive, and employees (not just their contributions) are highly valued. -Small business/Start Up atmosphere gives the impression that you can truly make a contribution to the business overall, and this impression has proven correct over my 3 years with the company. It very much feels like a family, especially on the sales team. -Ping Pong Table, Basketball, Xbox, free Starbucks coffee and other beverages are just a few of the perks around the office. And it's not just "for show," employees are encouraged to get up from their desks, and spend time having fun throughout the day. I think this philosophy makes for a more productive work force. -Lots of opportunities for professional development if you are interested, our manager is very conscious of your personal goals and providing you with the tools to prepare you to achieve them. -Lots of recent investment in the product, future seems extremely bright

Cons

-Building is a little outdated but the company has made a concerted effort to "spruce" up the place over the past year. Consistent improvements are evident daily, and our complaints about facilities do not fall on deaf ears.

iContact2014-11-18

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thank you for the review! We hope you're enjoying the new office!

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Morrisville, NC

I worked at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can not think of a single pro to list as pros. It is a horrible company. Former CEO sold company so it may have changed.

Cons

Management plays favorites, company does not follow standard human resources policies. The company is very much focused on popularity versus talent. If you are related to the right person your job is safe.

Advice to Management

Clean house

iContact2014-11-04

March 10, 2015Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are always looking for feedback in order to improve and make iContact a great place to work. A lot has changed in the past couple of years. We encourage you to visit and see the progress made.

"Great company with a clear path of opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

iContact is a great company where your voice can be heard. I truly have not a single complaint after a year of employment. Great entry level opportunities with a clear path of advancement in front of you. iContact provides a comfortable work environment and plenty of people that are always approachable with any advice that is needed. Work hard play hard atmosphere. Have not once woke up and been upset I had to go... into the office. Just an overall positive place.

Cons

Office could use a little improvement as it is extremely dated. Even though everything is transparent, there was not a clear direction for my first year here, but that seems to be clearing up presently. May not have advancement opportunities for people that are further into their career.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and lets get back to what we once were !

iContact2014-08-22

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the review! You're right, that office needed some updates, that is why we are so happy to be in our beautiful new building. We hope you are enjoying it!

"Great company and working environment!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are so many great things I can say about iContact and the experience working here. IContact is a fast-paced, changing environment with a work-hard, play-hard mentality. My co-workers are professional and fun on all levels. My salary is competitive and I have great benefits. I’m given all the tools I need to be successful and I’m positively encouraged by management. Senior leadership is approachable and... available to help you reach individual success and team success.

Cons

Location is convenient from anywhere in the triangle area, but the building facilities are not up to date, though things seem to be improving. In the Sales Executive role there are little immediate advancement opportunities.

iContact2014-08-20

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the review! We always encourage employees to have an open dialogue with their supervisors regarding advancement and their career goals. We want you to "Be Heard".

5. "Looks like fun on the surface, but poor direction and poor middle management led to awful work environment"

I worked at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free sodas, a paycheck, lots of items with the company logo

Cons

Awful middle managers, no job security, treats employees in some departments like children

Advice to Management

Stop letting good employees go - assuming there are any left.

iContact2014-08-26

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback. We've made huge cultural improvements in the past two years.

"Great Company, Great People, Great Journey"

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

No micro management, fun atmosphere, great people, work-hard/play-hard mentality, great product, super smart people who are dedicated to their craft, upward mobility, exciting outlook for the future. Things have been changing for the positive recently and it's a great place to be at this time.

Cons

Things change constantly, which is also common and necessary for any Marketing Company and Technology Company, iContact happens to be in both spaces. Not necessarily a bad thing always.

Advice to Management

Continue to spruce up the office, continue on vision for growth for the future.

iContact2014-07-15

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback! We'll keep up the good work!

"iContact had no direction and gives people zero chance to adapt and preform."

I worked at iContact

Pros

What can I say besides the free coffee and soda.

Cons

Training was a mess as I was told by my supervisor to do one thing, then told by my direct boss to do something totally else. I was told to ask questions then I was scolded for asking questions and was told that I was being "needy" and was told to apologize to my coworkers. My boss gave me a list of things that I need to improve on and after four days I was terminated because I was not improving. After two months on... the job I was let go. I was not given a fair chance to prove myself. There was no structure in training or how we handled billing. Co-workers never attempted to talk to me, super visor was the most unapproachable person I have ever met, and the boss was the rudest person I have worked for.

Advice to Management

Get some structure in your training and give people a chance.

iContact2014-04-24

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the review. We're sorry to hear you has a less than positive experience with iContact. We have made vast improvements to our training program in the past couple of years. Unfortunately, sometimes people just aren't the right fit for a job.

"Love it besides a few kinks because of acquisition"

Current Employee - Sales in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

-great people, wonderful work dynamic -the work environment encourages fun and creativity, but holds your performance at a high standard (basically, most management won't micro-manage as long as you maintain a high level of performance) -amazing benefits -great product that is very exciting if you are interested in email marketing/SaaS -I can't stress more how wonderful the people are

Cons

-most growth opportunities are Vocus opportunities which is headquartered in Maryland -there are still some communication and other issues since the acquisition -lack of communication between departments

iContact2013-05-25

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the review! We're happy to report that since the Cision/Vocus merger it has been smooth sailing and iContact is back in full swing.

9. "It was great, until...."

Former Employee - Marketing in Morrisville, NC

I worked at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, free sodas, bagel Mondays

Cons

CEO was unsure of vision. Brought in new management and everything changed. Lots of layoffs VERY quickly

Advice to Management

A slide doesn't always make a fun work place when you sit right next to it. The vision wasn't clear and changes needed to be made, but they were made so quickly, it intimidated many of the employees.

iContact2013-04-22

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback! Acquisitions are always a tough time and result in a lot of quick decisions. But we are happy to report iContact is back in full swing.

"Great culture!"

Current Employee - Technology in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun environment, free sodas, and a slide! Really great atmosphere. Lots of leeway to solve problems. Generally smart people with a good work ethic.

Cons

Leadership at times a little meandering in terms of vision and direction. Don't forget that in startup mode, sometimes giving 150% is the norm.

Advice to Management

Pick a vision and stick with it! Also, please dispense with politics and drama. Although better than many companies, it's still there.

iContact2013-02-01

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the review! We are working everyday to stick with a clear vision for the company and build upon that.

Found 58 reviews