iContact Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 9 reviews

3.6
iContact CEO Geoffrey Alexander
Geoffrey Alexander

"awesome company awesome product"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC

I worked at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leadership team. Solid focus and mission. Great industry and a market leader. Great culture and good pay.

Cons

I really don't have a lot to say here. They treated me well and took great care of me. Would recommend to anyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep deliverability high. don't be a boss be a leader. There is a difference . Servant leader.

iContact2015-05-07

July 13, 2015Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback! We'll keep it up.

"Turnover rate is huge"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility. Work life balance. Convenient office location.

Cons

This company has a very high turnover rate. Management seems unable to provide direction and unwilling to consider employee concerns. Targets are constantly changing and often unclear.

Advice to Management

Hire new management to bring fresh blood into your thinking. Pay attention to why the company is a revolving door of employees. You will keep having a hard time keeping people in jobs if you don't change management attitudes.

iContact2019-06-27

"Sinking Ship!"

Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Morrisville, NC

I worked at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the people who work here are nice. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Product development is very slow. No room for growth in the organization. Company is not very diverse. Managers do nothing all day and expect you to work like a slave. IContact is a sinking ship.

Advice to Management

When I first started working there it was a great place to work. There's a reason people are constantly leaving now.

iContact2017-06-06

October 10, 2017Human Resources

We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience in your time at iContact. Our goal is to create a working environment that fosters individual and team growth as well as success.

"Great Ride"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Durham, NC

I worked at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

iContact provided a great environment and a challenging sales job that gave me the opportunity to work hard and advance my career.

Cons

Some poor choices were made in our marketing/product strategy which did not pay off for the company

Advice to Management

Keep investing in technology

iContact2016-02-13

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We are glad iContact could have a role in advancing your career.

"Good company at the time"

Sales Executive in Holly Springs, NC

I worked at iContact for more than a year

Pros

Great people, solid leadership, good benefits

Cons

software was behind. Flat sales structure with little room to grow career

Advice to Management

none

iContact2015-06-26

September 23, 2015Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review. As an update, we have reinvested in our software product coming out with a new product and making advancements with features. You should check it out! We've also made advancements with our sales team to accommodate more growth opportunities.

"Couldn't ask for a better place to work..."

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Company Culture is very much centered on work-life balance, some companies brag about a "work-hard/play hard" culture, but iContact lives it. -Results oriented sales team and management, which I love. If you perform well, you are rewarded and no one is micromanaging your day to day activity, which makes for a very positive work environment. -Transparency across all business units, and all managers have an... open-door policy, even upper level managers. -Compensation is very competitive, and employees (not just their contributions) are highly valued. -Small business/Start Up atmosphere gives the impression that you can truly make a contribution to the business overall, and this impression has proven correct over my 3 years with the company. It very much feels like a family, especially on the sales team. -Ping Pong Table, Basketball, Xbox, free Starbucks coffee and other beverages are just a few of the perks around the office. And it's not just "for show," employees are encouraged to get up from their desks, and spend time having fun throughout the day. I think this philosophy makes for a more productive work force. -Lots of opportunities for professional development if you are interested, our manager is very conscious of your personal goals and providing you with the tools to prepare you to achieve them. -Lots of recent investment in the product, future seems extremely bright

Cons

-Building is a little outdated but the company has made a concerted effort to "spruce" up the place over the past year. Consistent improvements are evident daily, and our complaints about facilities do not fall on deaf ears.

iContact2014-11-18

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thank you for the review! We hope you're enjoying the new office!

"Great company with a clear path of opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

iContact is a great company where your voice can be heard. I truly have not a single complaint after a year of employment. Great entry level opportunities with a clear path of advancement in front of you. iContact provides a comfortable work environment and plenty of people that are always approachable with any advice that is needed. Work hard play hard atmosphere. Have not once woke up and been upset I had to go... into the office. Just an overall positive place.

Cons

Office could use a little improvement as it is extremely dated. Even though everything is transparent, there was not a clear direction for my first year here, but that seems to be clearing up presently. May not have advancement opportunities for people that are further into their career.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and lets get back to what we once were !

iContact2014-08-22

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the review! You're right, that office needed some updates, that is why we are so happy to be in our beautiful new building. We hope you are enjoying it!

"Great company and working environment!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are so many great things I can say about iContact and the experience working here. IContact is a fast-paced, changing environment with a work-hard, play-hard mentality. My co-workers are professional and fun on all levels. My salary is competitive and I have great benefits. I’m given all the tools I need to be successful and I’m positively encouraged by management. Senior leadership is approachable and... available to help you reach individual success and team success.

Cons

Location is convenient from anywhere in the triangle area, but the building facilities are not up to date, though things seem to be improving. In the Sales Executive role there are little immediate advancement opportunities.

iContact2014-08-20

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the review! We always encourage employees to have an open dialogue with their supervisors regarding advancement and their career goals. We want you to "Be Heard".

"Love it besides a few kinks because of acquisition"

Current Employee - Sales in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

-great people, wonderful work dynamic -the work environment encourages fun and creativity, but holds your performance at a high standard (basically, most management won't micro-manage as long as you maintain a high level of performance) -amazing benefits -great product that is very exciting if you are interested in email marketing/SaaS -I can't stress more how wonderful the people are

Cons

-most growth opportunities are Vocus opportunities which is headquartered in Maryland -there are still some communication and other issues since the acquisition -lack of communication between departments

iContact2013-05-25

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the review! We're happy to report that since the Cision/Vocus merger it has been smooth sailing and iContact is back in full swing.

Found 9 reviews