iContact "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

iContact Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 16, 2019

Found 58 reviews

3.6
iContact CEO Geoffrey Alexander
Geoffrey Alexander
Pros
  • "Good work/life balance in general(in 11 reviews)

• "From upper management, to sales, to account managers, to the support and beyond, iContact is full of great people(in 8 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Product Expert

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance Overtime opportunities Excellent team and leadership Company outings and events Relaxes and friendly work environment Competent co-workers

Cons

Relatively lower pay compared to other similar jobs, off-set by good benefits. Company has been acquired a few times throughout the years, leading to mass layoffs, though I have not been affected personally by these.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

iContact2019-06-05

"A Great Example of Corporate Ownership Ruining a Good Thing"

I have been working at iContact full-time

Pros

Casual work environment, flexible scheduling, understanding management, competitive salary

Cons

Recently purchased by a larger corporation, so the priority of the management has been less at the local office level and more at the corporate level. Quality of interactions with management have gone down, quality of benefits provided have decreased, expectations have gone above capabilities of training

Advice to Management

Listen more to your co-workers and employees and less to CEO's out of state

iContact2017-09-23

October 10, 2017Human Resources

Thank you for the helpful review! We are always looking for ways to improve!

"Lots of Potential. Stifled by Inept Managers"

Current Employee - Strategic Advisor in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's an extremely casual work environment and employees are typically not micro-managed. Gym in the building, modern office, and most people are exceptionally friendly.

Cons

Certain higher-level managers that have been there for far too long have shown time and time again that they have no real vision for the products growth and the services that go along with it. Hiring of non-technical employees for a technical role based on personality rather than talent degrades the credibility of the larger team. It seems as though many of the tenured people are afraid to break from tradition, and... in the digital marketing space, this has lead to an exodus of customers and stifled the motvation and career development of talented people currently working here.

Advice to Management

If dozens of people all complain of the same problem or have left the company because of the same issue, perhaps it's time to re-evaluate that issue.

iContact2016-03-16

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. One of the things we pride ourselves on here at iContact is giving our employees a voice. We have conducted several employee surveys in the past months that have allowed us the opportunity to identify potential issues in the organization and address them. We encourage you to continue providing constructive feedback to leadership and the HR team. Our door is always open!

"Couldn't ask for a better place to work..."

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Company Culture is very much centered on work-life balance, some companies brag about a "work-hard/play hard" culture, but iContact lives it. -Results oriented sales team and management, which I love. If you perform well, you are rewarded and no one is micromanaging your day to day activity, which makes for a very positive work environment. -Transparency across all business units, and all managers have an... open-door policy, even upper level managers. -Compensation is very competitive, and employees (not just their contributions) are highly valued. -Small business/Start Up atmosphere gives the impression that you can truly make a contribution to the business overall, and this impression has proven correct over my 3 years with the company. It very much feels like a family, especially on the sales team. -Ping Pong Table, Basketball, Xbox, free Starbucks coffee and other beverages are just a few of the perks around the office. And it's not just "for show," employees are encouraged to get up from their desks, and spend time having fun throughout the day. I think this philosophy makes for a more productive work force. -Lots of opportunities for professional development if you are interested, our manager is very conscious of your personal goals and providing you with the tools to prepare you to achieve them. -Lots of recent investment in the product, future seems extremely bright

Cons

-Building is a little outdated but the company has made a concerted effort to "spruce" up the place over the past year. Consistent improvements are evident daily, and our complaints about facilities do not fall on deaf ears.

iContact2014-11-18

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thank you for the review! We hope you're enjoying the new office!

"Great company with a clear path of opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

iContact is a great company where your voice can be heard. I truly have not a single complaint after a year of employment. Great entry level opportunities with a clear path of advancement in front of you. iContact provides a comfortable work environment and plenty of people that are always approachable with any advice that is needed. Work hard play hard atmosphere. Have not once woke up and been upset I had to go... into the office. Just an overall positive place.

Cons

Office could use a little improvement as it is extremely dated. Even though everything is transparent, there was not a clear direction for my first year here, but that seems to be clearing up presently. May not have advancement opportunities for people that are further into their career.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and lets get back to what we once were !

iContact2014-08-22

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the review! You're right, that office needed some updates, that is why we are so happy to be in our beautiful new building. We hope you are enjoying it!

"Love it besides a few kinks because of acquisition"

Current Employee - Sales in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at iContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

-great people, wonderful work dynamic -the work environment encourages fun and creativity, but holds your performance at a high standard (basically, most management won't micro-manage as long as you maintain a high level of performance) -amazing benefits -great product that is very exciting if you are interested in email marketing/SaaS -I can't stress more how wonderful the people are

Cons

-most growth opportunities are Vocus opportunities which is headquartered in Maryland -there are still some communication and other issues since the acquisition -lack of communication between departments

iContact2013-05-25

August 16, 2016Human Resources

Thanks for the review! We're happy to report that since the Cision/Vocus merger it has been smooth sailing and iContact is back in full swing.

"Promising, but ultimately not the right place for me"

in Morrisville, NC

I worked at iContact

Pros

iContact has some great people and a potentially great product. They do make an effort to create a fun work environment, but the free sodas and slide will appeal more to younger employees. They have a very sincere commitment to giving back to the community.

Cons

More experienced employees may find it difficult to fit in or advance in the company. Negative feedback is not really tolerated. Company is very hierarchical and resistant to change.

Advice to Management

Try to be more tolerant of diversity of working styles. Give senior employees more of a voice in the company. Provide more 1:1 time with managers to address concerns before they become problems.

iContact2011-11-11

"Great place to work"

I have been working at iContact full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work environment is fun and relaxed. Management treats you with respect and allows you to work at your own pace without micromanaging you. People believe in the product!

Cons

There have been some changes since the acquisition that are still being worked out but for the most part issues are addressed quickly.

iContact2012-07-18