iCorps Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Michael Hadley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

iCorps is a thriving and growing MSP, there is never a lack of technology to learn and work with. I've been exposed to so much over the years working here, if I was to go internal anywhere I would have stagnated in my career.
    Pay and benefits are generous.
    There is never a lack of a good time at company outings.
    If you put in the time and effort, the company will recognize that and you will be rewarded.
    Don't pay attention to reviews here to poor work life balance, it's consulting and it's IT, off hours work happens you need to be aware of that before you get into this business.

Cons

The only real con I can think of is the office location. Getting in and out of the office can be a challenge because of Sullivan Square, but I guess that's the price you pay for free parking right?

Advice to Management

Continue to change and evolve with times. Look for creative benefits to retain talent.

"iCorps is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

Pros

It has been a pleasure to work for iCorps. The people are friendly and extremely helpful. Everyone understands their roles and works together to be the best service provider. Management provides excellent leadership and the tools to be a successful employee.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives.

"Decent place"

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a job, pay is fair, there are snacks and most people are friendly. Not sure what the complaining is about but its getting annoying.

Cons

Handful of whiny gossipy people

Advice to Management

weed out complainers...its distracting for the rest of us

"Best Job I've Had"

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

This is my third full-time job and without question the best. I really appreciate the great work/life balance I am able to have at iCorps. It is never an issue to take time off when I need it, and there is a solid PTO and sick time policy. Although (since it is the IT industry) we only get major holidays off, management is very accommodating on PTO requests so if you need to take holidays that the office is open off, you can. You also get your birthday off.
    Management does expect you to work at work. Considering that compensation is generous and above industry standards, and how accommodating they are when you need to take time off, I think it’s fair that you are expected to be productive. In my experience there is little micromanagement, so self-starters and those who are motivated and can take initiative will do best. Those who work hard and are dedicated are definitely recognized and appreciated.

Cons

401 K matching could be better

Advice to Management

Encourage feedback from staff to continue to improve internal communication

"A great place to grow!"

Current Employee - Internal Staff in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Internal Staff in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I read some of the most recent reviews and am sincerely surprised at the negativity of it all. I have worked at iCorps for over 8 years and where no company is ever perfect, I have seen a true committment and genuine care for employee success, wellness and retention. Anyone who is interested in working here and have been concerned about these reviews, please come visit our office, meet with us and judge for yourself!

Cons

None really at this point ... despite the comments I read on recent reviews.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on growing the employees!

"When Are You Going To Make A Change?"

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

This place has so much potential, but it's most of the people at the top that bring it down to hellish levels. And they blame the low morale in the office on the lower-level employees, like any mature adult would. Note that I called out most - not all - of the senior level people because a couple of them are great and know what they are doing. The only bummer is that these great senior level people do not stand up to the crappy ones. Most of the other people that work here are smart and friendly.

Cons

I'm not one to run my mouth in the workplace. That said it is impossible to ignore the morale drop lower and lower and something must be done. Use the hard truth to invoke change, not inspire fear. Also - what is with flying people into Boston every month from the complete opposite sides of the country? Huge suck on resources for really no reason, not to mention it creates more unneeded tension. The CEO and his select favorites are a problem - plenty of weird eye-batting brownnosing happening there. People notice. As far as benefits go, you will get nothing good out of this place - their 401k is absolute crap and it is not worth putting a single cent into. Keep your money. If I knew then what I knew now I wouldn't touch this place with a ten foot pole.

Advice to Management

You people get so worked up over these negative reviews, but choose to not take action - except to post these crap happy-go-lucky reviews that we all see right through. Clearly the real reviews hit home, or else you wouldn't be so on the defense. Come on now, you are fully grown adults. Are you really more worried about a social media site (Glassdoor) than you are about the future of this company? I have no faith in this place. People are and will continue to drop like flies. The culture of the company should not be the same as when the company was founded. It's a shame the other cofounder isn't around more often because he is one of the most likeable guys I've ever met. Listen to your employees and make a change.

"Revolving door"

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

good pay for consulting positions, decent PTO benefits, smart coworkers

Cons

upper management, employee retention is horrible, 1970's office culture, 401K, favoritism, lack of transparency, sexism

Also no work from home and you are a technology company?

Advice to Management

Spend more time thinking about how to improve the company, rather than boosting the rating on Glassdoor with fake reviews.

"Welcome to the graveyard."

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

LOCATION: Great central location in Charlestown at the Schrafft’s Center. The building was formerly a candy factory, so it has some quirks, but they’ve recently renovated much of the building, with a beautiful lobby that includes a great coffee bar and a couple seating areas (one has a fireplace built into the wall). The campus is situated on the water with a new outdoor seating area (no views from the office, sorry!), so it’s a great spot to enjoy lunch when the weather is nice. Quick & easy to get into downtown via bus/subway/car, and Assembly Row is close by as well (1/4 mile walk or drive).

COMMUTE: Easy access to Sullivan Square MBTA stop, manageable commute coming from any direction, and free parking. There is also a free shuttle from the Sullivan Square MBTA stop to the Schrafft’s Center, which is great because you avoid the rotary.

SIZE: It’s a small company (approx. 75 people, including consultants), so everyone knows everyone. About 2/3 of that number are consultants, and 1/3 are administrative staff.

BENEFITS: Decent healthcare benefits. 3 weeks of vacation time, plus 5 sick days. Discounts on cellphone bill and haircuts.

EVENTS: There are frequent outings to nearby bars (bimonthly-ish). In the summer, the administrative staff goes to a Sox game, and in the fall, the Boston staff attends a Patriots game together. The Philadelphia and New York staffs have other events in their regions. There is a holiday party for the entire company in December.

MISC: Free snacks, coffee, and water. Beer cart on Fridays.

Cons

CULTURE: The morale of this organization is very low – lower than I’ve seen it at any other place I’ve worked. Management breeds a culture of fear. A large part of the problem is that this company does not take any sort of criticism well, constructive or otherwise. Management recognizes that morale is low, but chooses to point fingers and not hold themselves accountable. Yes, they do beer cart on Fridays…… but most people just want to go home to their families at the end of the week. If you’re going to have a “social hour”, it makes sense to have beer cart on a Wednesday or Thursday; employees would be more likely to stick around. Also, don’t get mad when people are chatting during a social hour that the company has put into place – a loud office (on occasion) is often a sign of engaged employees, of which there are very few here. There is a reason you cannot hang onto good employees. Everyone wants to leave.

If you’re thinking you’ll get out early on Christmas Eve, you’re wrong. Be prepared to stay right up until closing time - the parking lot is always empty when you get out. The reasoning for this is that consultants are out at clients the entire day – but the reality is that essentially all the clients let out very early around the holidays, meaning that the consultants get to go home early & the admin staff gets screwed. Many members of management do not hold themselves to the same expectations (though the CEO often makes them) – they are usually off drinking by 12:00 pm (which is the case on most Fridays as well) and often come back to the office quite intoxicated, which is pretty uncomfortable for the staff in the office.

COMMUNICATION: Internal communication is severely lacking. Employees want to be in the loop, it’s not rocket science. When people are fired or leave, there is no announcement; people are just simply no longer there, and you figure it out when their email address no longer works. Firings (which are frequent, and often for no real reason) are not handled the best, either – if a team member is fired, it makes sense for the manager to immediately inform the rest of the team. This does NOT happen. Again, breeding a culture of fear, with most employees constantly looking over their shoulder.

In addition, the levels of passive aggression here are Off. The. Charts. Don’t expect to be given direct feedback, because it won’t happen. You’ll hear about it via a secondary source – and if you’re getting information from an indirect source, chances are everyone else knows the information too. Also, the stuff people feel like complaining about is often very minor, though there is plenty of warranted complaining about major issues as well. But there is a 100% guarantee that they will talk about you behind your back instead of directly confronting you about anything, management included (especially management, actually).

EVENTS: If you RSVP ‘Yes’, wonderful job! If you RSVP ‘Maybe’ or ‘No’, prepare to be voluntold to attend. It is not uncommon for management to put a lot of pressure on staff members to force attendance at company events (and no, family events and most prior commitments are not valid reasons to be absent). These events often get out of hand, with lots of drinks and shots. Ladies, beware. It can get very uncomfortable to be a female at these company outings. To be honest, it can be quite uncomfortable to be a female and work here, period.

MANAGEMENT: There is a very clear divide between management and everyone else. If you are looking for a cool, edgy tech company – this is not one of them. Instead, there is a very Mad Men-esque vibe that colors the entire vibe of the office (and not in a good way). Typically, they focus on the negative aspects of everything here, even if the situation is largely positive. The CEO is incredibly self-absorbed, though he is ignorant of that fact. The female members of management set uncomfortable standards for the rest of the ladies in the office because they tolerate the intense sexism.

By the way, favoritism is ‘UUUUUUUGE here. Want to work from home? Too bad. Yes, there ARE employees who work from home often, but it has nothing to do with work ethic or position. Be prepared to come into the office on snow days, too – the office rarely closes. It doesn’t matter if there is three feet of snow on the ground. Be a hero.

Advice to Management

Send out an employee satisfaction survey. Streamline office policies so it is fair for all employees. Make the office a more comfortable environment for its female members. Do something other than pretend that your term list isn't miles long, because it's not normal. Most importantly, TRUST and RESPECT A-L-L of your employees – there is a very good chance they know what they are doing, which is why you hired them in the first place.

Regards,
    An iCorpse employee

"Don't do it!!!!!!!! You will regret it!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Guinee Pig in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Guinee Pig in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

free coffee, water, snacks and beer

Cons

-over promise and underdeliver
    -no adequate work space in office
    -no organization around leads/ no in general
    -no training
    -run lean strategy affects corporate functions
    Ex. - creates bottlenecks, inadequate turn around time for quotes and response times and ultimately closing deals.
    -no real sales leadership
    -churn through employees / no re
    -no chain of command ( operates like a fraternity)
    -can't handle enterprise
    -very laid back reactive style
    -no internal collaboration
    -lack of communication
    -lack of scheduled planning beyond tomorrow
    -fratinization

Advice to Management

Complete overhaul

"Great company for self-starters"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong industry reputation; customer-centric focus; high quality IT consultants to work with and learn from; wide variety of clients types and sizes across many industries provide a lot of opportunities to learn. Motivated self-starters are recognized and rewarded. Great place to start and grow a career.

Cons

Due to strong client focus, sometimes internal communication suffers, although this has greatly improved over the last couple of years. Also, for those who require a lot of structure and corporate hierarchy, this isnt an ideal environment. The culture is entrepreneurial in many ways, which works for some, but those who need a lot of direction may feel disoriented.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on and improve internal communication, sharing the goals and mission of the company. Invite more input from employees and share that input and the progress being made to implement appropriate suggestions to validate we are being heard.