iCorps Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

iCorps Technologies Reviews

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Hadley

"Great place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

-lots of options for growth; so many learning opportunities. The job is really what you make it - lots of flexibility around molding your job responsibilities to fit your strengths
    -office staff is friendly and welcoming - definitely a "team-based" vibe across all departments
    -beer cart on Fridays
    -close to downtown Boston - easy to shoot into the city for a lunch break or after work. Assembly is also super close by as well.
    -senior management is really knowledgeable and down to earth. There's no scary hierarchy like one you would find at a large corporation.
    -lots of fun outings! Also, we go to a Sox game together over the summer, and a Patriots game in the fall.

Cons

-no work from home option - management is pretty strict about this
    -as it is with most small companies, there is a ton of work to do but not an excess of employees, so there are no "easy" days
    -learning the offered services is somewhat challenging because IT is a complex topic that is constantly evolving, so it's important to stay on top of the "latest and greatest"
    -no bonus program in place for admin staff

Advice to Management

-keep rewarding your employees for a job well done. It goes a long way.
    -transparency is key, and your employees like to know what is going on!
    -implement a work from home policy. On occasion is fine, it would just be a "nice to have" in case of emergencies, doctors appointments, etc.

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

opportunities for advancement, culture is young and fun, free parking, lots of learning of opportunities!

Cons

not really any, great place to start a career!

"Rewarding career"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my 5th career job since graduating college and I can honestly say it's been the best experience. I've been working for iCorps for over a year now and have built great relationships with my coworkers. This company has a strong, growing client base that actually appreciates the work that we do - which is rewarding. Work outings are fun and frequent. Expectations are high, but hard work and dedication is well recognized.

Cons

A couple of Debbie Downers but I've seen that at every job and I'm used to ignoring them.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize your employees for their hard work and dedication, it goes a long way.

"A Place for Professional Consultants"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant/Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- You will always be challenged: to learn new technologies, to be outside of your comfort zone and up your people skills, to bring things to the next level, all the time.
    - You will work with knowledgeable people, if you seek advice, you will find the best from within the company's consultants
    - This is a company for people that can and likes to work unsupervised, if you deliver results and your clients are happy with your work, you will be rewarded. If you need a lot of hand holding, this is not for you.
    - As with every relationship, you will be treated as you treat people.
    - Overall Benefits are pretty good

Cons

- The constant challenge can be overwhelming at times, but if you like to challenge yourself, you will thrive here.
    - Healthcare and 401k could be better

Advice to Management

As consultants our work environment is at client sites, it is easy for employees to feel disenfranchised and lose the connection with the company; communication and engagement are crucial to improve employee morale and motivation.

"Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Systems and Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Systems and Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm really surprised by the negative reviews here. I've been an IT Consultant since 2001 and iCorps is the 4th company I've worked for (2nd in Boston). I enjoy my job more now than I ever have. My coworkers are great, my management is great, and my clients are great. My bosses know my abilities. They know when they ask me to do something, it'll get done correctly and on time, which means they don't micro-manage me. That was my biggest complaint with my previous employer. Achievements are recognized and rewarded. I feel more appreciated here than I have anywhere else. Compensation and benefits are also greater than at my previous employer. Health insurance is adequate and affordable (my last company didn't even offer dental) and PTO is generous. I also appreciate having off for my birthday, and the occasional company outing (Patriot's game, nights out at different restaurants, etc.) Long story short, I love my job at iCorps and plan to stay for the foreseeable future.

Cons

My only real complaint with iCorps is that there is virtually no 401k matching.

Advice to Management

A better 401k plan would result in employees saving more for retirement.

"Good Company, Lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a great company, if you stay out of the office politics (as with any company). Many opportunities to learn new technologies.

Cons

Work life balance isn't there. PTO is 4 or 8 hour blocks, you are expected to a point to be available to the company and clients evenings and weekends when workload requires (this comes with working in IT). On call for consultants not a the senior level is not optional.

Advice to Management

Money isn't the only thing that matters, giving comp time for off-hours work and being more flexible would go along way. When consultants are open, allowing them to work from home but be available would also be a huge benefit, even if it's a policy for senior consultants or after so many years employed.

"Great company"

Pros

Only stopped working for them because I moved south. I cannot say enough good about them. The take great care of their consultants.

Cons

Not really any. For me it was the commute, but that was on me, not them. They worked with it as much as they could and I am grateful.

"Great people, Unique Environment, Perfect Fit for Me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

What I like the most about iCorps is the unique working environment. There is no micromanaging here. Management gives good direction and guidance but then lets you create your own path and own your role. As long as you are a self-starter with a strategic mindset and don't need your hand held, you will succeed. Because of the nature of a consultant-based business, the working environment is different from day to day - some days are bustling with activity and interaction, other days are quiet and great for added productivity. The company provides good benefits with reasonable PTO time (you get your birthday off which is awesome) and fun employee events. It's true what others have said - we do work HARD but that hard work is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Since Glassdoor is making me put something here, I'll just say that if you're coming from a fast-paced, aggressive, bureaucratic agency setting, this may not be the environment for you.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

"Great place to be if you want to Learn and Grow!"

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

iCorps offers Great benefits and Employee amenities: beer cart on Fridays, company outings, parties, events, sports tickets
    The company offers an open learning environment that encourages growth. They want you to evolve your role, the trick is that you steer your own ship! I believe if you show your value it will be seen !
    Smart, fun working environment

Cons

Who is in the office changes everyday. You never know who will be in or who will be working remotely at a client. This is not even necessarily a con as it can keep the office environment fresh! It does make getting to know people a challenge!

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and keep an open mind. The trend of change is a good thing.. continue to keep a positive work environment !

"Excellent company"

Former Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly culture, great CEO. The salary and perks are pretty competitive. Some opps to grow (certifications, courses, etc). Felt appreciated

Cons

Serving multiple clients every day can get grueling, especially when you have to squeeze a visit into headquarters.

Advice to Management

Keep your finger on the pulse of how tech changes the nature of the business (like cloud) and the new opportunities it creates.