iCorps Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Michael Hadley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Finally found my dream company!"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, company culture, autonomy, variety in work assignments, ideas are respected, etc. It seriously took me a year and a half of bouncing from job to job trying to find not only a mix of people that I enjoy working with, but somewhere where I can really share my knowledge, ideas, and experience...and I finally found it at iCorps...true story!

Cons

None, but be prepared to work...because we work hard & play hard! :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job that you're doing!

"Consulting without handholding and micromanagement"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Great hours and quality of life balance.
    *Independence in decision-making, as long as you can back it up.
    *Great people and a good support structure.

I read a lot of reviews about iCorps before I took the job, and I was a little skeptical. What I found was an atmosphere that is much more positive than the negative reviews would suggest: The company takes good care of its employees and the workload isn't overwhelming. What is different from a lot of companies is that the employees are expected to stay busy and productive, even if there is nothing specifically scheduled: Basically there aren't a lot of days sitting around drinking coffee and talking baseball. There are utilization metrics in place to curtail idle time, and that could be jarring to someone new to consulting, I guess.

Cons

The only real downside I can see so far is really a matter of perspective: If you go into this job expecting to have your hand held or expecting to sit and collect a paycheck, you'll be disappointed. Consultants that are hired, I have personally found, are expected to be self-motivated and expected to find ways to stay busy. This is not a place where talking baseball around the water cooler is a normal practice.

"Just the Facts"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Employee for over 10 years.
    - Great salary.
    - Great benefits.
    - Promoted 2 times.
    - Work with a lot of different technology.
    - Management does not "Micro Manage"
    - Management gives you the freedom to be creative.
    - Management gives you the tools you need to succeed. (Training, certifications)
    - Great collegues.
    - We have a lot of fun.

Cons

- Travel but with planning is not an issue.

Advice to Management

I have enjoyed watching management use creative ways to keep up with changes in technology over the years while growing the business. Keep up the good wark.

"Excellent company"

Former Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly culture, great CEO. The salary and perks are pretty competitive. Some opps to grow (certifications, courses, etc). Felt appreciated

Cons

Serving multiple clients every day can get grueling, especially when you have to squeeze a visit into headquarters.

Advice to Management

Keep your finger on the pulse of how tech changes the nature of the business (like cloud) and the new opportunities it creates.

"Great place to be if you want to Learn and Grow!"

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

iCorps offers Great benefits and Employee amenities: beer cart on Fridays, company outings, parties, events, sports tickets
    The company offers an open learning environment that encourages growth. They want you to evolve your role, the trick is that you steer your own ship! I believe if you show your value it will be seen !
    Smart, fun working environment

Cons

Who is in the office changes everyday. You never know who will be in or who will be working remotely at a client. This is not even necessarily a con as it can keep the office environment fresh! It does make getting to know people a challenge!

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and keep an open mind. The trend of change is a good thing.. continue to keep a positive work environment !

"Great people, Unique Environment, Perfect Fit for Me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

What I like the most about iCorps is the unique working environment. There is no micromanaging here. Management gives good direction and guidance but then lets you create your own path and own your role. As long as you are a self-starter with a strategic mindset and don't need your hand held, you will succeed. Because of the nature of a consultant-based business, the working environment is different from day to day - some days are bustling with activity and interaction, other days are quiet and great for added productivity. The company provides good benefits with reasonable PTO time (you get your birthday off which is awesome) and fun employee events. It's true what others have said - we do work HARD but that hard work is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Since Glassdoor is making me put something here, I'll just say that if you're coming from a fast-paced, aggressive, bureaucratic agency setting, this may not be the environment for you.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

"Great company"

Pros

Only stopped working for them because I moved south. I cannot say enough good about them. The take great care of their consultants.

Cons

Not really any. For me it was the commute, but that was on me, not them. They worked with it as much as they could and I am grateful.

"Good Company, Lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a great company, if you stay out of the office politics (as with any company). Many opportunities to learn new technologies.

Cons

Work life balance isn't there. PTO is 4 or 8 hour blocks, you are expected to a point to be available to the company and clients evenings and weekends when workload requires (this comes with working in IT). On call for consultants not a the senior level is not optional.

Advice to Management

Money isn't the only thing that matters, giving comp time for off-hours work and being more flexible would go along way. When consultants are open, allowing them to work from home but be available would also be a huge benefit, even if it's a policy for senior consultants or after so many years employed.

"Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Systems and Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Systems and Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm really surprised by the negative reviews here. I've been an IT Consultant since 2001 and iCorps is the 4th company I've worked for (2nd in Boston). I enjoy my job more now than I ever have. My coworkers are great, my management is great, and my clients are great. My bosses know my abilities. They know when they ask me to do something, it'll get done correctly and on time, which means they don't micro-manage me. That was my biggest complaint with my previous employer. Achievements are recognized and rewarded. I feel more appreciated here than I have anywhere else. Compensation and benefits are also greater than at my previous employer. Health insurance is adequate and affordable (my last company didn't even offer dental) and PTO is generous. I also appreciate having off for my birthday, and the occasional company outing (Patriot's game, nights out at different restaurants, etc.) Long story short, I love my job at iCorps and plan to stay for the foreseeable future.

Cons

My only real complaint with iCorps is that there is virtually no 401k matching.

Advice to Management

A better 401k plan would result in employees saving more for retirement.

"A Place for Professional Consultants"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant/Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- You will always be challenged: to learn new technologies, to be outside of your comfort zone and up your people skills, to bring things to the next level, all the time.
    - You will work with knowledgeable people, if you seek advice, you will find the best from within the company's consultants
    - This is a company for people that can and likes to work unsupervised, if you deliver results and your clients are happy with your work, you will be rewarded. If you need a lot of hand holding, this is not for you.
    - As with every relationship, you will be treated as you treat people.
    - Overall Benefits are pretty good

Cons

- The constant challenge can be overwhelming at times, but if you like to challenge yourself, you will thrive here.
    - Healthcare and 401k could be better

Advice to Management

As consultants our work environment is at client sites, it is easy for employees to feel disenfranchised and lose the connection with the company; communication and engagement are crucial to improve employee morale and motivation.