iCorps Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Hadley

"Some policies are a joke"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you want to get your hands on some cool technology and are a "go-getter" this is the place for you.
    - Pay is great
    - 20 days of PTO plus 5 days of sick time is awesome
    - Not being tied down to a single office (Typical with consultant jobs)

Cons

- Lack of flexibility of upper management
    - Cheapness of the company when it comes to consultant equipment and tools
    - Lack of training and guidance to new consultants
    - Lack of project planning
    - Lack of schedule planning beyond tomorrow

Advice to Management

When you have consultants that regularly bill out at $1000+ per day, there is no reason why laptops and other equipment necessary for the job should be from the "bargain bin".
    When looking at scheduling, look 1-2 weeks out, don't just worry about getting everyone busy for tomorrow.
    When projects come in, assign a project team with a project manager, schedule as much of the project as possible up front.
    Match the technology skillset of a consultant to the projects they are working on, don't just throw someone on a project "because they are open".

2. "Great company for self-starters"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong industry reputation; customer-centric focus; high quality IT consultants to work with and learn from; wide variety of clients types and sizes across many industries provide a lot of opportunities to learn. Motivated self-starters are recognized and rewarded. Great place to start and grow a career.

Cons

Due to strong client focus, sometimes internal communication suffers, although this has greatly improved over the last couple of years. Also, for those who require a lot of structure and corporate hierarchy, this isnt an ideal environment. The culture is entrepreneurial in many ways, which works for some, but those who need a lot of direction may feel disoriented.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on and improve internal communication, sharing the goals and mission of the company. Invite more input from employees and share that input and the progress being made to implement appropriate suggestions to validate we are being heard.

"Great place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

-lots of options for growth; so many learning opportunities. The job is really what you make it - lots of flexibility around molding your job responsibilities to fit your strengths
    -office staff is friendly and welcoming - definitely a "team-based" vibe across all departments
    -beer cart on Fridays
    -close to downtown Boston - easy to shoot into the city for a lunch break or after work. Assembly is also super close by as well.
    -senior management is really knowledgeable and down to earth. There's no scary hierarchy like one you would find at a large corporation.
    -lots of fun outings! Also, we go to a Sox game together over the summer, and a Patriots game in the fall.

Cons

-no work from home option - management is pretty strict about this
    -as it is with most small companies, there is a ton of work to do but not an excess of employees, so there are no "easy" days
    -learning the offered services is somewhat challenging because IT is a complex topic that is constantly evolving, so it's important to stay on top of the "latest and greatest"
    -no bonus program in place for admin staff

Advice to Management

-keep rewarding your employees for a job well done. It goes a long way.
    -transparency is key, and your employees like to know what is going on!
    -implement a work from home policy. On occasion is fine, it would just be a "nice to have" in case of emergencies, doctors appointments, etc.

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

opportunities for advancement, culture is young and fun, free parking, lots of learning of opportunities!

Cons

not really any, great place to start a career!

"Rewarding career"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my 5th career job since graduating college and I can honestly say it's been the best experience. I've been working for iCorps for over a year now and have built great relationships with my coworkers. This company has a strong, growing client base that actually appreciates the work that we do - which is rewarding. Work outings are fun and frequent. Expectations are high, but hard work and dedication is well recognized.

Cons

A couple of Debbie Downers but I've seen that at every job and I'm used to ignoring them.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize your employees for their hard work and dedication, it goes a long way.

"Good company with some room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

-Exposure to a wide range of technologies and industries. Great experience to further your IT career.
    -Smart consultants who are willing to help each other.
    -Good salaries for experienced consulting roles.
    -Growing company, consistently adding new clients and consulting positions.
    -Little micro-management over your clients.
    -Work with leading technology partners.
    -The quarterly bonus program rewards the top performers.

Cons

-401K match is basically nothing. The 6 year vesting period is also very extreme.
    -Work/life balance can be poor at times depending on your workload. This is to be somewhat expected with consulting.
    -No compensation for working off hours, weekends, holidays, etc.
    -Company doesn't pay for certification training. You must learn material on your own time since business hours are spent billing clients.
    -Admin & support staff turnover is much higher than consulting roles.

Advice to Management

-Improve benefits (401K match, training, tuition reimbursement)
    -Allow consultants to be compensated with personal days after working a long night, weekend, or holiday.
    -Improve the office culture and retaining admin/support staff.

"A Place for Professional Consultants"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant/Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- You will always be challenged: to learn new technologies, to be outside of your comfort zone and up your people skills, to bring things to the next level, all the time.
    - You will work with knowledgeable people, if you seek advice, you will find the best from within the company's consultants
    - This is a company for people that can and likes to work unsupervised, if you deliver results and your clients are happy with your work, you will be rewarded. If you need a lot of hand holding, this is not for you.
    - As with every relationship, you will be treated as you treat people.
    - Overall Benefits are pretty good

Cons

- The constant challenge can be overwhelming at times, but if you like to challenge yourself, you will thrive here.
    - Healthcare and 401k could be better

Advice to Management

As consultants our work environment is at client sites, it is easy for employees to feel disenfranchised and lose the connection with the company; communication and engagement are crucial to improve employee morale and motivation.

"Worst job I never had!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Now that I've successfully moved on and and currently an employee at a firm that actually put people first; I have no pros whatsoever for iCorps. Extremely happy that chapter has closed!

Cons

Poor communication between management and consultants, Account management and their clients, New York office and Boston office.
    401K is a supreme joke making it impossible to save for retirement.
    Health benefits are less than mediocre with a lot of our of pocket expenses.
    Bonuses have become a thing of the past.
    No consideration for employees when life challenges occur.
    If weekends are worked there is no compensation or day given in return.
    Pay is docked if you take days outside of available PTO .

Advice to Management

Value your employees. If a consultant works a weekend give him/her personal days in return. These days can be used if an employee is outbid PTO days instead of docking their pay.

"Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Systems and Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Systems and Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm really surprised by the negative reviews here. I've been an IT Consultant since 2001 and iCorps is the 4th company I've worked for (2nd in Boston). I enjoy my job more now than I ever have. My coworkers are great, my management is great, and my clients are great. My bosses know my abilities. They know when they ask me to do something, it'll get done correctly and on time, which means they don't micro-manage me. That was my biggest complaint with my previous employer. Achievements are recognized and rewarded. I feel more appreciated here than I have anywhere else. Compensation and benefits are also greater than at my previous employer. Health insurance is adequate and affordable (my last company didn't even offer dental) and PTO is generous. I also appreciate having off for my birthday, and the occasional company outing (Patriot's game, nights out at different restaurants, etc.) Long story short, I love my job at iCorps and plan to stay for the foreseeable future.

Cons

My only real complaint with iCorps is that there is virtually no 401k matching.

Advice to Management

A better 401k plan would result in employees saving more for retirement.

"Technology Consultant"

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

Good exposure to technology, cloud focused. Good benefits

Cons

driving from one location to another, although that was explained during the interview.