iCorps Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

opportunities for advancement, culture is young and fun, free parking, lots of learning of opportunities!

Cons

not really any, great place to start a career!

"Rewarding career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my 5th career job since graduating college and I can honestly say it's been the best experience. I've been working for iCorps for over a year now and have built great relationships with my coworkers. This company has a strong, growing client base that actually appreciates the work that we do - which is rewarding. Work outings are fun and frequent. Expectations are high, but hard work and dedication is well recognized.

Cons

A couple of Debbie Downers but I've seen that at every job and I'm used to ignoring them.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize your employees for their hard work and dedication, it goes a long way.

"Good company with some room for improvement"

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

-Exposure to a wide range of technologies and industries. Great experience to further your IT career.
    -Smart consultants who are willing to help each other.
    -Good salaries for experienced consulting roles.
    -Growing company, consistently adding new clients and consulting positions.
    -Little micro-management over your clients.
    -Work with leading technology partners.
    -The quarterly bonus program rewards the top performers.

Cons

-401K match is basically nothing. The 6 year vesting period is also very extreme.
    -Work/life balance can be poor at times depending on your workload. This is to be somewhat expected with consulting.
    -No compensation for working off hours, weekends, holidays, etc.
    -Company doesn't pay for certification training. You must learn material on your own time since business hours are spent billing clients.
    -Admin & support staff turnover is much higher than consulting roles.

Advice to Management

-Improve benefits (401K match, training, tuition reimbursement)
    -Allow consultants to be compensated with personal days after working a long night, weekend, or holiday.
    -Improve the office culture and retaining admin/support staff.

"A Place for Professional Consultants"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant/Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- You will always be challenged: to learn new technologies, to be outside of your comfort zone and up your people skills, to bring things to the next level, all the time.
    - You will work with knowledgeable people, if you seek advice, you will find the best from within the company's consultants
    - This is a company for people that can and likes to work unsupervised, if you deliver results and your clients are happy with your work, you will be rewarded. If you need a lot of hand holding, this is not for you.
    - As with every relationship, you will be treated as you treat people.
    - Overall Benefits are pretty good

Cons

- The constant challenge can be overwhelming at times, but if you like to challenge yourself, you will thrive here.
    - Healthcare and 401k could be better

Advice to Management

As consultants our work environment is at client sites, it is easy for employees to feel disenfranchised and lose the connection with the company; communication and engagement are crucial to improve employee morale and motivation.

"Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Systems and Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Systems and Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm really surprised by the negative reviews here. I've been an IT Consultant since 2001 and iCorps is the 4th company I've worked for (2nd in Boston). I enjoy my job more now than I ever have. My coworkers are great, my management is great, and my clients are great. My bosses know my abilities. They know when they ask me to do something, it'll get done correctly and on time, which means they don't micro-manage me. That was my biggest complaint with my previous employer. Achievements are recognized and rewarded. I feel more appreciated here than I have anywhere else. Compensation and benefits are also greater than at my previous employer. Health insurance is adequate and affordable (my last company didn't even offer dental) and PTO is generous. I also appreciate having off for my birthday, and the occasional company outing (Patriot's game, nights out at different restaurants, etc.) Long story short, I love my job at iCorps and plan to stay for the foreseeable future.

Cons

My only real complaint with iCorps is that there is virtually no 401k matching.

Advice to Management

A better 401k plan would result in employees saving more for retirement.

"Technology Consultant"

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

Good exposure to technology, cloud focused. Good benefits

Cons

driving from one location to another, although that was explained during the interview.

"Worst job I never had!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Now that I've successfully moved on and and currently an employee at a firm that actually put people first; I have no pros whatsoever for iCorps. Extremely happy that chapter has closed!

Cons

Poor communication between management and consultants, Account management and their clients, New York office and Boston office.
    401K is a supreme joke making it impossible to save for retirement.
    Health benefits are less than mediocre with a lot of our of pocket expenses.
    Bonuses have become a thing of the past.
    No consideration for employees when life challenges occur.
    If weekends are worked there is no compensation or day given in return.
    Pay is docked if you take days outside of available PTO .

Advice to Management

Value your employees. If a consultant works a weekend give him/her personal days in return. These days can be used if an employee is outbid PTO days instead of docking their pay.

"Good Place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

The level of hostility in other reviews doesn’t match my experience with this company. I’m no longer there, but after several years working with awesome clients and consultants. I feel like my career is better for it. Working with different clients and with other consultants who had been at the company for years, helped me grow my technology skills. If you want to grow in a certain area, or go after a specific certification, the company will pay for testing.

Cons

None, really. despite what other people on this site say

Advice to Management

"Worst place I ever worked!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none...maybe ability to expense haircuts but I would rather pay for one and have never worked here!!!

Cons

employees are treated horribly, expected to sit in the office and not talk to others if you don't have a client to go to, work/life balance not there, revolving door of employees

"Good Company, Lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a great company, if you stay out of the office politics (as with any company). Many opportunities to learn new technologies.

Cons

Work life balance isn't there. PTO is 4 or 8 hour blocks, you are expected to a point to be available to the company and clients evenings and weekends when workload requires (this comes with working in IT). On call for consultants not a the senior level is not optional.

Advice to Management

Money isn't the only thing that matters, giving comp time for off-hours work and being more flexible would go along way. When consultants are open, allowing them to work from home but be available would also be a huge benefit, even if it's a policy for senior consultants or after so many years employed.