iCorps Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

iCorps Technologies Reviews

Updated November 29, 2016

Full-time Part-time

"Worst place I ever worked!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none...maybe ability to expense haircuts but I would rather pay for one and have never worked here!!!

Cons

employees are treated horribly, expected to sit in the office and not talk to others if you don't have a client to go to, work/life balance not there, revolving door of employees

"Good Company, Lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a great company, if you stay out of the office politics (as with any company). Many opportunities to learn new technologies.

Cons

Work life balance isn't there. PTO is 4 or 8 hour blocks, you are expected to a point to be available to the company and clients evenings and weekends when workload requires (this comes with working in IT). On call for consultants not a the senior level is not optional.

Advice to Management

Money isn't the only thing that matters, giving comp time for off-hours work and being more flexible would go along way. When consultants are open, allowing them to work from home but be available would also be a huge benefit, even if it's a policy for senior consultants or after so many years employed.

3. "Associates information technologies and consulting"

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

Great company to work for to gain experience. Benefits are okay with your birthday off.
    CEO needs to get fired he doesn't know what he's doing

Cons

You won't get the opportunity for promotions

Advice to Management

N/A

"Worst Professional Experience of my career"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

Pros

Some decent employees, but they are all in the same boat.

Cons

It is the petty dictatorship of a sole individual. The negative reviews are correct. Life is too short to deal with people like the CEO of this company.

"Please Listen to the Negative Reviews!!!"

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

There were some good people (all of whom have left). The clients can occasionally be interesting, but are sometimes nightmare. Some career opportunities if you're okay with selling your soul.

Cons

There are so many reviews, and they've already said a lot. The most important part: DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. By the end of the contract, you'll have wished they fired you.

Each of the negatives is true: TERRIBLE management, poor life/work balance, awful communication, treating customer and employees poorly. This is the type of place that leaves fake reviews.

The last thing I'll say is that this is one of the least pleasant places I have ever worked. Coming in to the office felt like a march to the guillotine. The atmosphere of the office feels like everyone is waiting to be screamed at by upper management. If you really need money this might be an okay place to work, but be prepared to sacrifice your happiness for it.

Advice to Management

Sell the business before you finish running it into the ground.

"Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok. Some of the other consultants are nice. Generally other consultants are appreciative if you help out their clients. Most of the office staff is very nice.

Cons

If you are a consultant don't give notice when you are quitting until you are actually ready to leave. Once you give your notice they will make you leave right away even though they ask for 3 weeks notice. In order to get the full bonus you have to average 100% + billable time which is nearly impossible to do if you take vacation time. If you are doing staff augmentation you will never hear from the office unless it's to go to a mandatory meeting at night. Didn't offer sick days until it law was passed making it mandatory.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they are more than just a number of billable hours. Allow working from home when appointments are cancelled or not scheduled.

"Systems Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for a first job to break into the field.

Cons

Typical revolving door MSP. They paint a big picture and then 2-3 months EXPECT IT. Not enough work in NYC ignore all said efforts. EXPECT IT. Good reviews management writes. Management is snake oil. RUN unless you only need 2 months. You've been warned.

Advice to Management

Stop turning over engineer's. It makes you look bad.. clients said and I agree

"Great company"

Pros

Only stopped working for them because I moved south. I cannot say enough good about them. The take great care of their consultants.

Cons

Not really any. For me it was the commute, but that was on me, not them. They worked with it as much as they could and I am grateful.

"Great people, Unique Environment, Perfect Fit for Me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

What I like the most about iCorps is the unique working environment. There is no micromanaging here. Management gives good direction and guidance but then lets you create your own path and own your role. As long as you are a self-starter with a strategic mindset and don't need your hand held, you will succeed. Because of the nature of a consultant-based business, the working environment is different from day to day - some days are bustling with activity and interaction, other days are quiet and great for added productivity. The company provides good benefits with reasonable PTO time (you get your birthday off which is awesome) and fun employee events. It's true what others have said - we do work HARD but that hard work is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Since Glassdoor is making me put something here, I'll just say that if you're coming from a fast-paced, aggressive, bureaucratic agency setting, this may not be the environment for you.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

"Interesting..."

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

The consultants are very knowledgable and for the most part your work schedule is very manageable. Did not allow you to work for home.

Cons

Upper management needs to get it together. No one saw eye-to-eye and there was never any real direction of the company