iCorps Technologies Senior Technology Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Technology Consultant

3.6
Michael Hadley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company for self-starters"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong industry reputation; customer-centric focus; high quality IT consultants to work with and learn from; wide variety of clients types and sizes across many industries provide a lot of opportunities to learn. Motivated self-starters are recognized and rewarded. Great place to start and grow a career.

Cons

Due to strong client focus, sometimes internal communication suffers, although this has greatly improved over the last couple of years. Also, for those who require a lot of structure and corporate hierarchy, this isnt an ideal environment. The culture is entrepreneurial in many ways, which works for some, but those who need a lot of direction may feel disoriented.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on and improve internal communication, sharing the goals and mission of the company. Invite more input from employees and share that input and the progress being made to implement appropriate suggestions to validate we are being heard.

"A Place for Professional Consultants"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant/Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- You will always be challenged: to learn new technologies, to be outside of your comfort zone and up your people skills, to bring things to the next level, all the time.
    - You will work with knowledgeable people, if you seek advice, you will find the best from within the company's consultants
    - This is a company for people that can and likes to work unsupervised, if you deliver results and your clients are happy with your work, you will be rewarded. If you need a lot of hand holding, this is not for you.
    - As with every relationship, you will be treated as you treat people.
    - Overall Benefits are pretty good

Cons

- The constant challenge can be overwhelming at times, but if you like to challenge yourself, you will thrive here.
    - Healthcare and 401k could be better

Advice to Management

As consultants our work environment is at client sites, it is easy for employees to feel disenfranchised and lose the connection with the company; communication and engagement are crucial to improve employee morale and motivation.

"Worst job I never had!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Now that I've successfully moved on and and currently an employee at a firm that actually put people first; I have no pros whatsoever for iCorps. Extremely happy that chapter has closed!

Cons

Poor communication between management and consultants, Account management and their clients, New York office and Boston office.
    401K is a supreme joke making it impossible to save for retirement.
    Health benefits are less than mediocre with a lot of our of pocket expenses.
    Bonuses have become a thing of the past.
    No consideration for employees when life challenges occur.
    If weekends are worked there is no compensation or day given in return.
    Pay is docked if you take days outside of available PTO .

Advice to Management

Value your employees. If a consultant works a weekend give him/her personal days in return. These days can be used if an employee is outbid PTO days instead of docking their pay.

"Good Place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time

Pros

The level of hostility in other reviews doesn’t match my experience with this company. I’m no longer there, but after several years working with awesome clients and consultants. I feel like my career is better for it. Working with different clients and with other consultants who had been at the company for years, helped me grow my technology skills. If you want to grow in a certain area, or go after a specific certification, the company will pay for testing.

Cons

None, really. despite what other people on this site say

Advice to Management

"Good Company, Lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a great company, if you stay out of the office politics (as with any company). Many opportunities to learn new technologies.

Cons

Work life balance isn't there. PTO is 4 or 8 hour blocks, you are expected to a point to be available to the company and clients evenings and weekends when workload requires (this comes with working in IT). On call for consultants not a the senior level is not optional.

Advice to Management

Money isn't the only thing that matters, giving comp time for off-hours work and being more flexible would go along way. When consultants are open, allowing them to work from home but be available would also be a huge benefit, even if it's a policy for senior consultants or after so many years employed.

"Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok. Some of the other consultants are nice. Generally other consultants are appreciative if you help out their clients. Most of the office staff is very nice.

Cons

If you are a consultant don't give notice when you are quitting until you are actually ready to leave. Once you give your notice they will make you leave right away even though they ask for 3 weeks notice. In order to get the full bonus you have to average 100% + billable time which is nearly impossible to do if you take vacation time. If you are doing staff augmentation you will never hear from the office unless it's to go to a mandatory meeting at night. Didn't offer sick days until it law was passed making it mandatory.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they are more than just a number of billable hours. Allow working from home when appointments are cancelled or not scheduled.

"Just plainly put...awful"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to enjoy the fake reviews they spend time posting to refute fundamental issues with the business. Small company, easy to get to know everyone. Very strict hierarchy.

Cons

Ahh too many too list. Just read the reviews and use your common sense on which is honest and fake.

Mostly technology contracting and implementation work, not much business integration with customers.

Advice to Management

Please respect your employees.

"Transformative place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with a diverse group of intelligent consultants constantly fuels you to bring it each and every day. iCorps has a wide ranging client base that allows you to interact with various industries. If you love technology and designing creative solutions, it's a great place to work. There are always opportunities for interesting consulting work and the fact that iCorps has multiple offices in the east coast is a guarantee that you will be always working on something interesting. Lastly and more importantly, management was always accessible and provided mentorship that was invaluable to shaping my career.

Cons

As is with the nature of consulting, be prepared to work hard and long hours to meet client expectations.

Advice to Management

Continue to give consultants more tools to succeed both with clients and personally.

"Just the Facts"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Employee for over 10 years.
    - Great salary.
    - Great benefits.
    - Promoted 2 times.
    - Work with a lot of different technology.
    - Management does not "Micro Manage"
    - Management gives you the freedom to be creative.
    - Management gives you the tools you need to succeed. (Training, certifications)
    - Great collegues.
    - We have a lot of fun.

Cons

- Travel but with planning is not an issue.

Advice to Management

I have enjoyed watching management use creative ways to keep up with changes in technology over the years while growing the business. Keep up the good wark.

"Consulting without handholding and micromanagement"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Great hours and quality of life balance.
    *Independence in decision-making, as long as you can back it up.
    *Great people and a good support structure.

I read a lot of reviews about iCorps before I took the job, and I was a little skeptical. What I found was an atmosphere that is much more positive than the negative reviews would suggest: The company takes good care of its employees and the workload isn't overwhelming. What is different from a lot of companies is that the employees are expected to stay busy and productive, even if there is nothing specifically scheduled: Basically there aren't a lot of days sitting around drinking coffee and talking baseball. There are utilization metrics in place to curtail idle time, and that could be jarring to someone new to consulting, I guess.

Cons

The only real downside I can see so far is really a matter of perspective: If you go into this job expecting to have your hand held or expecting to sit and collect a paycheck, you'll be disappointed. Consultants that are hired, I have personally found, are expected to be self-motivated and expected to find ways to stay busy. This is not a place where talking baseball around the water cooler is a normal practice.