iCracked Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
AJ Forsythe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Health benefits, catered lunch and dinner, company outings, awesome culture" (in 3 reviews)

• "free lunch every day and full stocked kitchen" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Trying to find anything in this jungle of an ecosystem is an adventure to say the least" (in 2 reviews)

• "they don't want to hear any thing negative" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great place to develop and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at iCracked full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free Food/Snacks
    Unlimited PTO
    Very Smart and Friendly coworkers
    Management promotes a 'learning' culture
    Room for personal development and growth
    Clear vision from management - Taking new steps into using our core technology and service expertise into new verticals.

Cons

There isn't always a perfect process in place, we're building the playbook.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and vision. You can't instill the reasons 'why' we do what we do enough. This is why I come to work and work hard everyday.

2. "Review of Max Vecchitto's Resume for Service Deliver Manager"

Current Employee - Service Deliver Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Service Deliver Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at iCracked full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small team, a lot of room for growth within company. Professional leadership team.

Cons

Technology related app issues, processes and work flows not buttoned down. Poor workplace atmosphere.

3. "Being a tech is frustrating from beginning to end."

Current Employee - ITECH
    Current Employee - ITECH

I have been working at iCracked part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Makes me an extra 40 bucks occasionally. Qualifies you for wholesale pricing on iFixit.

Cons

This company, from the perspective of one of their “iTechs,” is a complete clusterscrew of impenetrable nonsense.

When you first try to sign up, you’re given a few different contacts, none of whom reply on a timely basis and who’s advice sometimes contradicts each other. Trying to get a certain tax form filled out was such a nightmare that I eventually just gave up.
    Cough up the entry fee and when you’re onboarded, you’re given access to the jankiest piece of crap iOS app ever, and are expected to schedule and complete repairs with it. It feels like a day one Bethesda game, except it’s years old (and some moron decided to hard code it so that it’s always in blind person mode so everything is huge). And when it inevitably breaks, or doesn’t do something right, you are told to go to the help section of the website, which is chock full of contradictions, old articles and dead links. You’re also not informed that the inventory system you’re going to be using is in beta and that it’s not the norm.
    Oh, but not to fear, they have a Yammer page! Where you can browse all kinds of inconsequential guff. Try and point out an actual issue, and you’re basically told that’s it’s your fault for not working around it, or that you’re wrong. But it’s a great place to see the management spout off business buzzwords.
    And speaking of Yammer, better hope you have a good password manager, because the main iTech account, the iTech store, the helpdesk, and of course Yammer are all completely separate accounts. Trying to find anything in this jungle of an ecosystem is an adventure to say the least.
    So you put aside the technology part of this technology company - how are the logistics surrounding parts and such? Well you’ll be happy to hear that they’re just as incompetently managed and communicated as everything else. At any point in time they’ll have two entirely different order chains with 6 different styles of box labels, and they may or may not send you the wrong part 3 times. Reading in between the lines when management describes how they make their ideas work and it’s apparent that their backend horrifying.
    And how are the parts? They’re garbage. All the iPhone screens are too thick and stick out the front of the phone too far, and there’s always some known issue about a certain model having bad color, failing touch panels, etc. The batteries have no brand name on them. I’ve gotten other miscellaneous parts that were nonfunctional on arrival.
    I could go on. Make a suggestion about changing something customer-facing that will make everyone’s job easier? “Ugh that’s your job to take care of.”
    Eventually, you will give up on trying to work with the company to get anything done and instead just use it for the sake of making a few bucks on the side (after making back your entry fee) if you can work around it. Until you get a real job or get bored.

Advice to Management

Everything about your company is a confusing mess, and the iTech app is absolute garbage.

4. "The company that I love"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at iCracked full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to take my responsibilities, work the way I like. Flexible hours, unlimited vacation, free lunch and snacks. Of course, I worked very hard and put my heart into the company.

Cons

-company politics as it growed bigger
    -some employees carry big titles but not doing their jobs

Advice to Management

-restructure, put the right person on the right place
    -better communication before/after making a decision
    -review thesalaries, it was too unfair. At least two people that I know getting much better pay than me where their contribution to the company can't compare to mine.

5. "BI Analyst"

I worked at iCracked full-time

Pros

good work environment, people are nice to each other, get very cozy schedule to work. There is river outside the building, you can see Oracle when you work.

Cons

The sluggish work pace make people feel sleepy and don't know what they should do, too many senior positions, like CFO, CTO, are useless in a small company.

Advice to Management

need to think about how to make your work effective and efficiency, the competition is crucial, the unreal investigation will kill the limit benefit.

6. "Great people, great office"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at iCracked full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everybody is really, really friendly and the office has a great atmosphere. There isn't much privacy, but there are several meeting rooms you can snag if you need some quiet time. When I was there they had catered lunch every day. They say culture comes from the top and you can really tell that AJ wants people to be happy there.

Cons

There have been some layoffs recently as a consequence of a shift in strategy. I would still recommend them as an employer.

7. "Good people, bad product"

I worked at iCracked full-time

Pros

Good people, fun environment, free snacks.

Cons

Selling a product that doesn't seem viable.

8. "n/a"

Pros

free lunch every day and full stocked kitchen. nice location.

Cons

very junior people are managing in most of the teams. stay away from G&A team from here. no one knows what they are doing in G&A. verbally abusive , feel like you are robot too. they don't want to hear any thing negative.

Advice to Management

please listen to your employees .

"Technician"

Current Employee - Technician in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Technician in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at iCracked part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to work on your own time and be your own boss. Setting your own prices for repairs and services.

Cons

Keeping track of inventory and accounting. Having to drive long distances for repairs that may not be worth it.

Advice to Management

To have a better pricing and quality of products. To have more up sell products in the online store.

"From 100 employees to 30...going down fast"

Pros

-free food
    -paid for not doing much work
    -fun vibe
    -big office

Cons

-pay sucks
    -no management objective
    -I prob will not have a job in six months

Advice to Management

Give bonus when promised

iCracked Response

Oct 20, 2016 – People Operations Manager

Hi there, I'm terribly sorry hear you feel this way. We want our employees to be happy working here. If you feel your manager has not communicated our objectives properly, or that a commitment that... More