iCracked Reviews | Glassdoor

AJ Forsythe

"Technician"

Current Employee - Technician in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Technician in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at iCracked part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to work on your own time and be your own boss. Setting your own prices for repairs and services.

Cons

Keeping track of inventory and accounting. Having to drive long distances for repairs that may not be worth it.

Advice to Management

To have a better pricing and quality of products. To have more up sell products in the online store.

"A supportive, vibrant & challenging place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at iCracked (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of change has been happening in the last few months, but it's for the better. I feel like this company is bridging the gap between 'start-up' and a force to be reckoned with. Things are getting more professional, real key players are joining the team, and we're making serious moves in the industry.

I feel supported in my career advances and that most of the management truly wants their direct reports to succeed. My work is challenging but not too daunting, and I'm always learning because I'm trusted to tackle things I've never done before.

It's pretty easy to talk openly about what's going right wrong in the organization. Transparency is a value that's taken very seriously. The office space is fun, we are fed yummy food and there's lots of snacks (I like eating I guess?).

Oh yeah the people are awesome too.

Cons

It's taken a while to get the right people in the right roles and focus in on our true goals.

Although we've come a long way from the 'fratty start-up' vibe, I wish we'd do more happy hours!

Advice to Management

Develop a better path to advancement within the company.

Support more skill learning and professional development outside of normal business hours like having more guest speakers come in.

Mar 8, 2017 – People Operations Manager

Hey, thanks for the thoughtful review. We appreciate the feedback and will work hard to improve where we are doing well and work on what we need to get better at!

"Great team and innovation"

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Redwood City, CA

Pros

-Every team is filled with intelligent and hardworking individuals that hold each other accountable for producing high quality results.
    -You have the ability to test new ideas. If you fail, you take responsibility and move to the next test. If you succeed, resources are allocated to help build the idea.
    -Over the last year new the executive team has grown and iCracked has brought in some incredibly talented and experienced people.

Cons

Only one office location in Redwood City, CA.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the employees who have grown with the company and helped it to evolve over the years.

"Awesome"

Current Employee - Appointment Setter in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Appointment Setter in Redwood Shores, CA

Pros

Learned more here than years at college. People are very friendly and effective - everyone here is someone I can be best friends with. I feel very well taken care of, ride my bike into work, excellent computer and creature comforts. They have enabled me to work and communicate more effectively than ever in my life. This is amazing company I am honored to work here.

Cons

Seriously, not sure if I died and went to heaven sometimes. Really wish Kaiser was an option on the healthcare.

Advice to Management

This is an internet start-up. We are all on the same level. The CEO sits at the same kind of desk in the same room as I. Although, there is a corporate structure nothing is stopping anyone from making a suggestion or cutting through it, if you have an idea or way to serve the customer more effectively – keep this up. I honestly did not know who the upper management was for the first couple months – I knew AJ, Alan and Ed as just really cool co-workers and people - sort of organically figured it out their status in the organization . . . What a healthy, natural environment - why can’t all major corporations run this way?

Oct 20, 2016 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We definitely like our executives to be on the same level as all the rest of our employees (literally and figuratively) because it allows more ideas to flow from all ... More

6. "Positive outlook to a growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at iCracked (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Experienced executives
    - Catered lunch and snacks
    - unlimited flow of coffee drinks

Cons

Wish there was a San Francisco office or opportunities to work remote(from a different state)

Advice to Management

Keep on investing in your employees

Oct 20, 2016 – People Operations Manager

Sorry we don't have an office in San Francisco (we couldn't find any waterfront property like we have in Redwood City). But we do have a work from home policy to help alleviate the commute! Talk to ... More

"Challenging, Engaging, and Exciting!"

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at iCracked full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Recent hiring of very experienced execs that encourage a learning culture and strive for operational exellence
    - Creativity is celebrated and hard work is recognized
    - Fantastic coworkers

Cons

- No cons, great place to work

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the level of excellence that employees and contractors expect of iCracked.

"Operations Manager Review"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- Culture
    - Opportunity for professional growth

Cons

- Office in Redwood City

"Driven Company, Exuberant Culture"

Current Employee - Operations/Finance in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Operations/Finance in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at iCracked full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mission has always been clear and the company will be around for a long time. Overwhelming mantra of perpetual learning. The company gets passed over a lot because people think it's just a services company, but there is some really powerful software at play underneath it all. Greenhorn to master, all employees get along swimmingly which has made collaboration a breeze. Altogether fun-loving, but never at the expense of delivering. Endless value in what is being built, and the added aspect of not being some super sexy SAAS business makes it all that more appealing.

Cons

This is indeed a services company, so the majority of employees are non-technical and those salaries can start pretty low for the Bay Area, but this will certainly change with production and loyalty.

Advice to Management

Keep creating opportunities for professional development!

"Innovative company, great CEO, unstable culture"

Former Employee - Expansion in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Expansion in San Francisco, CA

I worked at iCracked (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with a lot of potential. The management style is relaxed and unstructured as long as you are a self-motivated doer and don't require much oversight. Must be ok with a rocky adventure.

Cons

A lot of unknowns and ups and downs. Pay is not very attractive but can be fairly adjusted upon proven contribution.

Advice to Management

Take management courses

"Not a good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at iCracked full-time

Pros

Genuinely good business idea with a clear need in the market. People below management and executive levels are great to work with. Catered food a plus

Cons

All decisions are made by young, inexperienced leadership. Executives and management don't really care about the employees and contractors. No defined path for growth and irrational decisions made based on personal relationships vs your performance. If you are making the company a lot of money and the CEO doesn't like you, your clock is ticking... Beware.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees (and contractors) better, respect what they do for you, and develop a vision that's genuine. Also, quit spending money on stupid things like mini motorboats and reinvest in your people.