iCrossing Reviews in Brighton, England | Glassdoor

Brighton, England (UK)

3.9
Nick Brien

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is strong, with an active social scene in both the London and Brighton offices (in 15 reviews)

• You can learn a lot because there are really some bright people here (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The agency is top heavy with loads of new senior management / exec hires while all the workers have been let go or quit (in 9 reviews)

• NO ONE in that office was friendly, save for a few people that I worked with on a daily basis (in 8 reviews)

"A Good Agency Gone A Bit Too Corporate"

Former Employee - SEO Analyst in Brighton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - SEO Analyst in Brighton, England (UK)

I worked at iCrossing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always worked on top tier clients, with friendly people in a nice office; all expenses were paid for, including regular trips from London to Brighton. I mostly enjoyed my time working for this firm, particularly across the first year.

Cons

My only real criticism is that progression was non-existent, despite a number of clearly deserving high performers. The feel also started to become a little bit like if you were willing to help, then you'd often be 'expected' to continue to take on work, but I think that was more a circumstantial thing, rather than cultural.

Advice to Management

When I joined, iCrossing was a really cool, innovative place to work; it feels like the 'corporate' side had taken over and it's started to lose the fun. Worth keeping an eye on that.

"Needs fixing at the top"

I worked at iCrossing full-time

Pros

Smart employees, a good place to learn the basics in a short time. Great Brighton location and laid back culture.

Cons

Smart people are lost because they're not given a chance to flourish. Senior management too caught up in each other. No hunger for innovation or new ideas.

Advice to Management

Experience is valuable, but so are new ideas. Longest there does not equal always right. Stop losing smart people by offering more chances for progression. Stop floundering.

"iCrossing UK - A thriving and fun environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at iCrossing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at iCrossing for almost three years and couldn’t be happier with my time here. Working across a wide range of brands and surrounded by a talented and supportive team, I have been able to build upon key skills and form strong relationships with clients. My knowledge and expertise has developed significantly in Paid Media and I am now able to input into the wider strategy for online marketing and how it can support a business objective. Internally, this job has given me the confidence to support with team innovation and development, where I’ve really enjoyed working closely with new starters. The people at iCrossing make this the place it is – a positive environment where you can form genuine friendships and build a career to be proud of.

Cons

We need to have a larger voice in the industry and become more recognised for the teams hard work.

"Internal structure changes cause blame culture"

I worked at iCrossing full-time

Pros

- Good Perks
    - Most people are nice
    - Was a fantastic place to work when I first started
    - Used to pride itself on how it treated and supported staff

Cons

- Bullying from management
    - Blame culture from account managers who have no idea what they are doing
    - Internal politics of directors and heads of departments clouds the overall company strategy
    - No support for staff
    - Expected to work late rather than focus on Time management
    - No management on work load - sometimes you will have nothing the next week you will have 3 projects come up and be expected to do everything
    - Promises big ideas to clients in pitches, then fail to achieve anything close to the creatives shared
    - Wages are often below industry standard

Advice to Management

Come up with a plan and stick to it - new plans every six months are detrimental. Focus on the staff again.

"iCrossing UK"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at iCrossing (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're ambitious, enthusiastic about digital marketing and eager to make your mark, iCrossing UK is a great place to build your career. It's not afraid to give opportunities to people that shine and has a culture of nurturing and promoting from within. Work/life balance is strong, with an active social scene in both the London and Brighton offices. Daily fresh fruit and Friday drinks.

The work itself is mostly focused around Search marketing, but is expanding more into creative, display and social. Client retention and calibre is strong - it's always nice to work with global brands like L'Oreal, LEGO and Barclays.

Cons

The current London office could be a better location (Pimlico isn't the most vibrant), although plans are afoot to move more centrally in 2016.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on nurturing career progression and expanding the creative remit of the agency.

"Friendly, inclusive and ambitios."

Current Employee - Display Strategist in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Display Strategist in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at iCrossing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great, friendly working environment, encouraging growth, development and opportunity.
    I feel iCrossing is always striving for bigger and better things.
    An excellent and varied mix of people across both Brighton and London offices, creating a vibrant buzz and office culture.
    The clients and challenges are varied, and as such there is substantial room for learning and growth.

Cons

Only my commute, but that's mainly with me. If it wasn't for other commitments I would move closer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. iCrossing management has always done a good job of keeping the company well informed of developments in the company and is open to input and ideas throughout.

"Fabulous company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at iCrossing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great fun company to work for, relaxed, no micro managing, able to make decisions, lots of benefits, nice offices. Feel looked after and appreciated. Interesting and creative work. Flexible working arrangements.

Cons

Nothing I can currently think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

"Account Director"

Current Employee - Account Director in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Director in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at iCrossing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Progressive and supportive management team
    - Excellent career progression
    - Inspiring, award winning agency
    - Really strong media and supplier relationships
    - Global opportunities
    - Good sports and social offering

Cons

Like all agencies we've lost a few good people, however I'm excited about the new leadership team (both gloabl and local) and believe in their ability to do great things over the next 3 years.

Advice to Management

Carry on listening to your staff. They share becasue they care and are passionate about iCrossing.