iDiscovery Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "The iDS Experience"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiting process was professional and efficient as was the on boarding process. The environment is positive and welcoming. A path to growth and tools have been provided. I am working with some of the brightest & motivated thought leaders in the industry.

Cons

None to report at this time.

Advice to Management

Stay Consistent

2. "Supportive environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time

Pros

I am thrill to work with such amazing intelligent individuals who are there to support you. Everyone was very welcoming when I started and made the on-boarding process so easy and smooth. You can really take ownership and create your own path. There's room to grow and develop with iDS.

Cons

No one is perfect, we can always improve.

"My First Corporate Experience: Amazing Opportunities, Supportive Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Junior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Junior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a recent college graduate, iDS has been my first corporate job. When I started, I received a warm welcome and was very surprised by the energetic, supportive atmosphere. I had never worked for a company that valued its employees at this level and took every opportunity to facilitate hard work, but also make things fun.

iDS hosts a variety of events for its employees like; monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations, quarterly volunteer events, networking happy hours, holiday parties, fundraisers, and an annual employee appreciation celebration. There has never been a dull moment in my two years at iDS. iDS manages to be incredibly professional and business-oriented, while giving everyone the opportunity to bond and get to know the entire team, including our executives and directors.

From my very first day, I was offered many opportunities to hone my existing skills and learn new ones. As an administrative assistant, I assisted people in all our different departments and was encouraged to take advantage of shadowing opportunities. Eager to learn, over the span of my first year and a half I kept my ear to the ground and shadowed most of our departments. I took a particular liking to our forensics departments and just over two years since I joined iDS I find myself as a Junior Consultant in our Forensics department. This kind of jump was unprecedented, however, at iDS it is frequently reinforced that if you work hard and show your determination no one will stand in the way of your goals. Instead, they will support you and give you the tools to achieve them. I love my new position. I feel hopeful for my future and am eternally grateful for the supportive team at iDS.

Cons

As a small up-and-coming company, there are many pains associated with growth. As business builds and the team is encouraged to step it up, we still meet with the demands of this highly technical and fast paced industry. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with the constant advances of IT and absorb all the information thrown at us on the day to day. However, with our new Manager of Recruitment and Professional Development, employees have a new dedicated resource providing us with assistance in attending trainings, courses, and conferences in order to stay on top of innovation and advancements in IT.

As someone new to the corporate world and eDiscovery industry, I value the training budget provided to us by iDS. This is something I feel my peers are not being offered by other companies! This is another added bonus to working at iDS that helps me feel more confident in facing these challenges. For every challenge I face, I feel there is the ability and resources for me to learn from them.

Advice to Management

Please continue to foster growth the way you did with me. Put emphasis on each person to take their career into their own hands, because at the end of the day while you provide the tools and opportunities it is up to us to fulfill our goals and push them forward.

5. "Company Review"

Current Employee - EDiscovery Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at iDS for almost 3 years and I am loving it. iDS offers a great working
    environment and flexible work schedule, nice and friendly co-workers, understanding and supportive managers.

Cons

It would be even greater if we could have more working from home days.

Advice to Management

NA

6. "Amazing People! - Great Place to Work and Excellent Opportunity for Career Growth!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been in the e-Discovery industry for over 5 years and have experience working with a few of the larger firms within the legal technology space. I can say that, without a doubt, iDiscovery Solutions has the best team of dedicated and highly motivated individuals. iDS promotes and understands the importance of a work/life balance, and does everything to ensure that all employee needs are covered. iDS has treated myself and my family very well and have provided me with nothing but encouragement, respect and a great opportunity.

Cons

NONE - Keep up the good work :)

Advice to Management

The iDS Managers are EXCELLENT - Keep up the good work!

"Great location, benefits and opportunities to excel"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart folks working here in very functional teams. I have had more opportunities here than I have seen in several jobs collectively. Very engaging project work where team members are allowed and expected to tow his or her weight and given an opportunity to excel.

Cons

Long hours in an up and coming company often means many hats. Challenging work alongside challenging corporate environment with alpha types at every level. Not all groups function at high levels though this is improving.

Advice to Management

Infrastructure upgrades and smart work flows equal consistent production. Alleviate road blocks created by vacuum of leadership at middle and upper tiers.

"A top-notch organization in an emerging, progressive and lucrative industry."

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location - Georgetown Harbour waterfront - Washington;
    Progressive, challenging work content;
    Intelligent teammates/colleagues that push and motivate you;
    Healthy continuing education stipend
    Diverse work environment

Cons

There can be long days and late nights working with tedious data but it's a small price.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to lead.

"Best decision of my life"

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel valued, respected, positively challenged and love coming to work. iDS puts focus on what I want professionally and works with me to make it happen.

Cons

None... taking a job here was the right decision

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

10. "Great company, great people!"

I have been working at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reasons for working here are the people, the size of the company, and the location. We work some awesome people, which is not always the case at smaller companies. The work is very interesting and the company is growing with no signs of trouble, which is rare for a company only operation such a short time. One of my favorite things is the beautiful location in Georgetown's Washington Harbour. The view of the water and other amenities surrounding it make for a really nice lunch hour of cultural food or even a nice walk around the water.

Cons

The traffic underneath the Key Bridge coming down K Street to our building is pretty tough.

"Horrible place to work and epitome of the dead end job."

Former Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at iDiscovery Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"NONE". If there were any pros to working here then I wouldn't have been giving this review.

Cons

Understaffed, Poor leadership. This company doesn't value its employees. Hiring and Firing is a joke here. It is impossible to succeed, there are no advancement opportunities. Directors in this company are arrogant. A very dysfunctional company. One good thing, they are profitable (but profit is shared only within directors). If you ever went for an interview with this company just ask them how many employees have they fired till date and how long those fired employees have worked there, you will get a sense of employee retention culture in this company.
    In bullet points I would just write:
    -Poor management, micromanagement
    -Lack of recognition
    -No opportunity for personal growth

Advice to Management

None. They don't care or want any advice. They will continue doing what they want to do.