iHerb Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Reza Faraee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work environment is really faced paced which keeps it innovative and challenging in a good way (in 11 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for growth (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Some bad apples in upper management (in 5 reviews)

• No cons , unless you are the one who is messing with work (in 3 reviews)

1. "THE WORK PLACE"

Former Employee - MOD Picker in Perris, CA
    Former Employee - MOD Picker in Perris, CA

I worked at iHerb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have you work in just about every station in the warehouse..you get train. In the proper manner and treated with respect..

Cons

If you a new comer then youll always come acrosd acouple of co worker who refuse to give you any advice or help your first couple of days,

Advice to Management

Need to get specific people who areexstreamly trained well so they can. Train the new employers the right way.

2. "Best company I have ever worked for."

I have been working at iHerb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is one of the few companies out there that will go out of its way to make you feel valued as an individual. A few things I enjoy about working here:

-Young, friendly, collaborative employees.
    -Free snacks, cereal, tea, cappuccino machines.
    -Onsite gym, yoga, fitness classes.
    -Relaxed attire, flexible time off.
    -Great benefits and opportunities for growth.
    -Minimal politics and excellent management.
    -We are growing very quickly and there is appropriate support to accommodate this level of growth.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"The truth about iHerb"

I have been working at iHerb full-time

Pros

iHerb is a great place to work. People are smart, creative, and hard-working. Politics are minimal and I can't even name one problem personality. The company is growing like a weed, which means that there are lots of opportunities to increase your level of responsibility if you want to rise to the occasion. Management does have an open-door policy and it's great. People here are very accessible, and the organization is very flat. I really enjoy coming to work because of the people, and the challenges.

Cons

I'd like to address one of the cons that other reviewers mention. Some people seem uncomfortable that there is a nucleus of Persian people in management. This company was founded by a (brilliant, kind) Persian man, and four of his first employees who have worked with him forever are Persian. Newer managers, including directors, are any race at all. There is no racisim or preference here that I can detect. Sometimes people speak Farsi, but I assume it is because they learned their technology in that language, and are most comfortable speaking it. It never makes me uncomfortable because if they need to share information, they will. Farsi here is not really that common. It is not a closed culture. They are very meritocratic and promote the best people. It's just coincidence that two of the most brilliant developers here are Persian. One is a woman. Two are other races. It does not matter.

If I worked for a French company, I would expect some of the earlier managers to be French. It's the same way here.

iHerb is fast paced and if you are good, and work hard, you will succeed here. If you want to coast, it probably won't work out very well.

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at iHerb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Very diverse and supportive team
    -Empowerment allows you to really help customer and address all their issues
    - Great starting point for your career in Iherb.
    - New director is incredible. Your concerns will be heard. He creates exciting environment and he is very accessible, that's what middle management in other departments is lacking.
    - Management in this team is the best. They're very professional. If you have any questions they'll go extra mile to answer them.
    - Team members are treating each other with respect and always ready to help, it creates very friendly atmosphere. It's more about finding solutions and facing problems than looking for someone to blame.
    -Loyalty to the department and to the company is unbeatable.
    -Our CEO is the best!

Cons

None I can think of right now

Advice to Management

Please keep it up! And try to listen to your employees (like customer service mgmt is doing).

Oct 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We are elated that your experience at iHerb has been great so far. If you can think of anything that we can do to further improve your work experience please let us know.

"Division from diversity"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at iHerb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of diversity at iHerb.

Cons

There are a lot of employees from all around the world but on the other side of all this diversity, there is no sense of unity. The obvious reason is that iHerb is privately Persian owned and core management and managers are majority Persian. Persian managers keep to interacting with their own group and always speak in Farsi to one another. There are no efforts to address this or create unity in the company or culture. It's understandable that people from the same culture will become friends, but because they are all promoted to managers there is a feeling that they are the 'inside group' and everyone else are just employees. It's also noticeable that they will start hanging out in the break room from 4pm onwards to have long chats until the end of the work day, while HR will remind the rest of the employees to make sure the work breaks are brief. Double standards? It breaks any sense of team and cultural unity.

"Don't expect a great developer experience here"

I have been working at iHerb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary is above market average. Free snack and drinks.

Cons

Pass on iHerb if want a great developer experience in your job. You won't find it here.

iHerb is beating expectations in financial growth but the management team keeps cutting costs from development teams. iHerb gives many auxiliary benefits of a 'cool' software company like a on-site gym, free snacks and drinks, arcade room. But the day to day iHerb is run like a very traditional company. In a traditional company the development team is treated like an expense. In a real software company the development team is treated like an asset.

iHerb is a ecommerce company but developers are given the cheapest Latitude core i5 machines to work with. This is the most basic laptop I have ever used and is literally a huge brick. The IT department says they don't give out core i7 machines because the Latitude is much cheaper! I can believe that! For a ecommerce company it is such a surprise to not be provided the proper tools to support our job! Don't even expect to ask for conferences and training for career growth. Recently the management team also decided to fire all the QA teams. Developers were then told to do their own QA since we are the ones building the features. Telling developers to write bug free code is not a replacement for firing QA. The catch is that you will even be reprimanded during performance reviews on the "Quality of Work" for not catching bugs that reach production.

Oct 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We are disappointed to hear you are not having a great experience as a Developer here at iHerb. With rapid expansion comes some growing pains and we are looking to alleviate those every day. Here... More

"Friendly work atmosphere, great CEO"

I worked at iHerb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly work atmosphere. Great CEO who takes care of his employees.

Cons

Work environment in the warehouse could be a little tough sometimes.

8. "Amazing company!"

I have been working at iHerb full-time

Pros

Really enjoy working here. Great coworkers.

Cons

Maybe a few more company holidays.

"Great Start!"

I have been working at iHerb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my first week, this has been an amazing company. They have great people that treat each other as adults and don't "babysit" or micromanage their team members' work! Michael in HR has been very helpful in getting through the interview process and off to a good start in the job.

Cons

Could have a little more information regarding the company, time off, etc. at the start.

"Nepotistic cauldron of lies"

Pros

No pros. This place should be out of business. You will definitely be the smartest person in the company.

Cons

iHerb has a habit of tricking good people to join their organization. Please read all negative comments before making a decision about joining this company. As mentioned in other posts, iHerb will try to bury negative reviews with fake reviews. Note dates of negative reviews vs positive reviews. Don't make the same mistake many of us already made.

Sep 12, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We're disappointed to hear you're unhappy with your experience at iHerb. We're committed to making iHerb an exceptional place to work. If you are a current employee, we urge you to discuss any... More