iHerb Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Reza Faraee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Smart and easy-going coworkers makes for a very productive work environment (in 11 reviews)

• Good work environment, good benefits, Good salary (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management had no idea where they wanted the direction of the company to go (in 5 reviews)

• which does happen, tho they do wait until many months after you have reached your qualifying hours to even remotely begin the hiring process (in 3 reviews)

"Good Stepping Stone"

Former Employee - Senior, Management in Perris, CA
    Former Employee - Senior, Management in Perris, CA

I worked at iHerb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of high tech systems and automation, some good people, interesting market

Cons

Owner is a bit mercurial and dictatorial. However, Reza does represent the great American success story and his accomplishments are admirable.

Advice to Management

Let the experts he hires apply their expertise with minimal interference and obfuscation

Apr 24, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the iHerb team. iHerb takes great pride in our pursuit of a progressive and innovative environment that adds overall value to our customers... More

2. "Cool place but chaotic"

I have been working at iHerb full-time

Pros

Talented team, new technology, casual environment, great facility. Well known company with great products. Company is growing.

Cons

Very chaotic, not enough people to do all the needed work.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. Prioritize work. Improve planning for upcoming work.

May 21, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for not only your feedback but for your support as a current team member at iHerb. We agree that the current growth is tremendous, and as such we have ramped up the Recruitment for all... More

3. "Both smart and fun culture"

Current Employee - Senior Industrial Engineer in Perris, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Industrial Engineer in Perris, CA

I have been working at iHerb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

IHERB is a fast-growing e-commerce company with lots of smart and energetic people. The constant change is exciting and there is a real spirit of collaboration. I've not found the arrogance and unhealthy internal competition I had to deal with in other e-commerce companies.

Cons

Strategic planning is not well communicated

Advice to Management

It's impossible to lay out a perfect vision of the future for such a fast-growing company, but sharing at least pieces of the plan will help employees to focus on what's important.

Apr 24, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so very much for your incredible feedback. iHerb truly and sincerely appreciates your positive and productive insight! We will ensure to share your feedback and advice with the team.

""Open doors" trust and openness needs to start from the top"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at iHerb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has grown quickly while I have worked here but we need to work on our team culture. We grew so quickly that we went from a flat structure to a department structure with senior developers promoted into management positions but many who did not want to do management. The roles were quickly filled with no training no processes in place and lacking management experience.

Cons

The "open door policy" that has been mentioned several times are really just words on paper.

The policy is supposed to be "open doors" but just because it is stated as a policy does not mean it is reflected in the company or the management here. The fact that reviewers are not using this “open door policy” to give feedback and are instead using Glassdoor is because your own C level and management team do not live by this value. If you want an “open door policy” of communication and trust then train your management to start leading by example. This starts from the very top not by just telling your employees what they ought to be doing.

My advice to management is that trust and openness goes both ways. If you want a culture where employees feel safe to come in and share their frustrations to team leads you have to create the culture and environment of trust where we feel safe to do so. Every few months there are emails from HR saying "Team member _____ no longer works here". Firing team members in that manner is not very transparent and comforting message to be receiving.

Also during new hire on-boarding actually show a picture of the CEO and owner of the company. I understand that he desires privacy but it is really weird to show us the leading team but have a blank spot of the CEO. It is weird no offense. I see his generosity and he has done some amazing things. It is just weird and it also affects the culture of transparency and openness.

This also goes to the CTO. Since working here I have never felt or experienced the CTOs leadership or heard any of his input and direction on any actual technical direction of the company's platform. His office even often has the shades down and that does not make it feel very “open doors” at all. Openness, culture, and team relationships all start from leading by example from the top. Instead the only knowledge many of us have of the CTO is that he is the relative of the CEO and that he only holds the CTO position because of this relationship and that he was an early employee. That is some merit to being an early employee but just have him take a board director position and hire a real CTO that we can really look up to lead us.

This lack of leadership from the CTO affects how the directors below him manage (yes “manage”, not lead. There is so much lacking in leadership here).

For example we are not supposed to discuss matters with directors because we are told to communicate to our team leads and they will discuss matters to the directors. This is not the “open door” experience I expected and is not a flat structure anymore.

Overall it feels like as individual team members we are just being filtered through the hierarchy chain.

Advice to Management

I do not blame the new managers but being a good developer does not make you a good team leader and so far I have just experienced more micromanagement and hierarchy hoops.

May 21, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback with iHerb. We are excited to continue to add new faces to our team each week, and we value the benefit of bringing in talented individuals who contribute... More

5. "Temps do matter"

Current Employee - Order Picker in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - Order Picker in Hebron, KY

I have been working at iHerb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

3 day work week good for some

Cons

Treat temps like garbage, they will exploit those that give a crap about the job

Apr 24, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

We value every single person that works at the iHerb Hebron facility; that includes core and agency team members alike. Without all of us working together, the phenomenal success our company... More

6. "A fantastic place to cultivate skills and grow."

Current Employee - Nutritionist/QC in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Nutritionist/QC in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at iHerb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

iHerb has exceeded my expectations. I was excited to join an e-commerce company and have been delighted by the quality of work, opportunity for growth and the general way in which the company cares for it's employees.

Cons

Because this company has grown so large and so fast, they are always in the process of making things better...for some this can be tough but for others, it's a pro.

Advice to Management

An intranet with employee pictures, bios and job descriptions would be helpful...with so many employees and so many new processes and goals, it would be helpful for folks to know who to seek out with questions or suggestions, especially when it comes to things that may involve multiple departments.

Apr 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for sharing your delight with iHerb thus far. We have passed on your recommendations for employee bios, pictures and job information to the team and you will be pleased to hear that... More

"Generous Company, Smart People, Ever-Growing"

Current Employee - Junior Global Logistics Specialist in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Global Logistics Specialist in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at iHerb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great starting salary, friendly atmosphere, diverse and intelligent employees, tons of perks, nice facilities, and admirable ambitions.

Cons

Parking costs $90 per month

Advice to Management

n/a

Mar 13, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback!!! We are enthralled that you appreciate the diverse culture we celebrate here at iHerb as well.

"How Great to work with iHerb"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Perris, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Perris, CA

I have been working at iHerb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family environment
    Team work
    Growing opportunies

Cons

No downside for this company , love it

Advice to Management

Keep it up with loving your team

Mar 13, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

We are so delighted that you are pleased with your experience this far.

"Global Logistics Specialist"

Current Employee - Global Logistics Specialist in Perris, CA
    Current Employee - Global Logistics Specialist in Perris, CA

I have been working at iHerb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people.
    Company takes care of loyal employees.
    Growing Business.

Cons

Commute, depending on office location.

Feb 5, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you are enjoying your time here at iHerb and want to thank you for your dedication and hard work.

"IT Operations"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Irvine, CA

I worked at iHerb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- on site gym
    - free snacks
    - nice facilities

Cons

- IT Management. Overall the entire IT management from top to bottom are useless. The CEO should be concern the amount of people that leaves IT on the regular basis. If this is not a concern , well then it is expected by CEO as well, how engineers, developers, etc are treated by IT management.

Advice to Management

find qualify management, your managers and specially your CTO are useless.

Feb 5, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Hello,

iHerb has an extremely low turnover rate and management values the relationships they build with their team-members. It sounds like our management style was not an environment that was... More