iMarketing Solutions Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andrew Langhorne

1. "Hard and rewarding work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at iMarketing Solutions Group full-time

Pros

Raise funds for well reputed national clients, flexible schedules, great bonus structures, work with fantastic people and it feels like I help make a difference.

Cons

You have to be willing to put in the effort in order to make bonus. The harder you work, the more rewarding it is.

2. "A great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Director, Print and New Media in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Director, Print and New Media in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at iMarketing Solutions Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In my 16 years at iMarketing I've had the opportunity to work with excellent colleagues, to learn and grow with the company as its grown.

Cons

Being an agency it's sometimes hard to plan longer vacations. The work has to get done when it comes in, but I'm not sure you'll find someone who hasn't had this experience working for an agency.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Companies that don't do things well just don't last anymore. The fact that the company's been around - and in a very competitive industry - since the 1980s stands alone as probably the best testament of your success.

3. "Don't work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at iMarketing Solutions Group full-time

Pros

Not many pros. I liked the people I worked with and it was a decent location because it's right off the subway.

Cons

Do not work here unless you're very desperate for a job. The management may seem nice at first but treat you terribly and it is a very competitive environment. They easily let people go if you can't perform.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect.

5. "Scam"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Call Center in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at iMarketing Solutions Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Nice co-workers
    - Good benefits

Cons

- They like to scam people
    - Not enough breaks for everyone

Advice to Management

- Stop scamming people (especially when it comes to the holidays)
    - Need to have an actual HR department
    - Give longer breaks to your employees
    - Have proper and educated managers
    - PLEASE CHANGE YOUR SCRIPTS. It's not properly written.

6. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at iMarketing Solutions Group part-time

Pros

Nothing absolutely nothing good about this company, or the work environment.

Cons

Horrible work environment in protocall , management does not take complaints seriously, while working I felt judged, I felt that they were disrespectful towards me. After complaining several times about how bad the manager was treating me, no action was done, or no investigation. They are very rude and self involved, meaning that they don't care about how you work and how stressed they put you under, all they care about is that you don't talk and just listen to them, like servants, like you are not a human with rights. I remember very clearly when a collègue was treated so badly that he/she cried for hours, they make offensive comments and make you scared. And when my collègue tried to talk to a supervisor about how the manager treated he/she, the supervisor said words like I don't understand your problem you are all the same.I worked very hard, everyone in that company just came to waste time, they did no work, the manager was to busy with other things, doing there personal things, that they said nothing to those who just walked around, but still they got paid and were paid more than those poor hard workers. I experienced all of this and saw them first hand in the Toronto location.

Advice to Management

Your management team and your whole company is rude and disrespectful. So disappointing to have to see this!!!!

"iMarketing (final) Solutions"

Pros

- Got to read books all day at my desk to distract from the many egregious violations of human rights that occurred on a daily basis.
    - Flexible hours because I made money for the company and could therefore take advantage of them. I've seen employees barred from leaving early one day if they weren't feeling well. I took off for an entire week with the manager's approval (without officially booking time off). The "rules" are completely nonsensical.
    - Voluntarily working part-time afforded me much time to successfully find specialty salaried work in my field of interest.

Cons

- I've seen blatant displays of racism, homophobia, and aggressive verbal abuse that would cost employees their job with ANY OTHER COMPANY IN CANADA!
    - "Management" is comprised of former top-dog sellers who got promoted despite their lack of education or managerial experience that would be required to hold a management position with most companies. It is very alienating.
    - There were frequently bed bugs at the office. It was disgusting. And management, lying through their teeth, always tells employees that it will be taken care of.

Advice to Management

Please finish your High School education. When this company is finally shut down for its atrocities, your CV is going to read like a defendant's rap sheet at the Nuremberg trials.

"TSR"

Current Employee - TSR in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - TSR in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at iMarketing Solutions Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are nice with whom you are working.

Cons

No job security and no bonus

Advice to Management

Provide bonus

"Scam"

I worked at iMarketing Solutions Group (Less than a year)

Pros

No positives at all other than some employees try to help you at first.

Cons

Employees get very annoyed with newbies quickly. The controls on the keyboard to scroll and select options are hard to figure out and remember. For example: D = scroll up, V= enter, etc.
    It's all about trying to weasel donations out of unsuspecting people via outbound calling. So, that pretty much says it all there.
    You have very little freedom throughout your whole shift. Breaks are allotted by reward for doing a good job. You have to go to the glass enclosed break room and stay there for the remainder of your break. One person goes on break at a time which makes for 0 social interaction with co-workers and it's so boring. You are not allowed to step outside for a break, unless you smoke.
    Supervisors ay want to come up with inventive gimmicks for you to use and it's likely to be something another employee used before they quit and it's highly likely to be cheesy.
    Supervisors are young hot shots that like to implement "play time" type of incentives. Like, get a sale and you can play a couple rounds of golf with one of those indoor putting things. If you don't make any sales/donations or not enough in a week they fire you. Often this occurs in the first week.
    The building itself looks roughed up and run down.
    Shifts are late.
    There is little regard if you are sick or need to take care of medical issues.
    Employees take a large portion of the donations, or the company does, anyways.
    Pressure selling elderly and people who are going through a hard time. Even worse is when your collecting donations of a sensitive matter.

Advice to Management

You need to payback all the people you weaseled money from.

"Do not work here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I worked at iMarketing Solutions Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid every week. Good location downtown.

Cons

Management do not treat employees with respect.

"Easy Work But Not Very Honest, Work"

Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Madison, WI

I worked at iMarketing Solutions Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job. job job job job

Cons

You are a telephone beggar doing questionable work.

Advice to Management

improve the quality of your work environment and gain more credibility as a charity.