iPayment Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
O.B. Rawls IV

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Most customer service people will walk off the job within 1-3 months (in 2 reviews)

• Worst management have ever seen in the history (in 2 reviews)

1. "settlement financial analyst"

Former Employee - Settlements Analyst in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Settlements Analyst in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at iPayment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Professional advancement and good future.

Cons

Lacks upper management training and internship

Advice to Management

More training or management internship programs

"Love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at iPayment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for development, new challenges/roles, leadership.

Collaborative work environment

Fun!!!

Cons

High pressure, fast paced

"iPayment"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at iPayment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture and great people. Much better structure than we had in the past and we are finally catching up technologically. Great leadership and copious opportunities to grow.

Cons

Too many errors made with billing that impacts the call centers performance. Many manual processes but have made strides in this area.

"Partner Integration Engineer"

I worked at iPayment full-time

Pros

Great People at iPayment Inc.

Cons

None, good place to work

5. "Working at iPayment"

I have been working at iPayment full-time

Pros

Co-workers are very friendly. Nice location.

Cons

Overtime is necessary to complete your work. A lot of change in management in the year and a half I've worked there. Very limited in what the company budget allows for, so raises and bonuses are few and far between.

"Overall Good Company"

I worked at iPayment full-time

Pros

Good Employees to work with

Cons

Some management can be under qualified

"Good people, too much politics"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at iPayment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment, casual dress, satisfactory managers.

Cons

No work life balance. No flexibility for time off for employees with children

Mar 5, 2017

iPayment has worked diligently to develop a comprehensive and competitive benefits package and vacation policy for all employees. We have also developed a best-in-class leadership development... More

"IT"

I worked at iPayment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was a great growth opportunity when I joined the company. Generally speaking, I enjoyed working for iPayment for a first few years. After a period of diminishing moral throughout the entire company, I found myself prescribing a change in my career.

Cons

Long hours were required to meet deadlines. Poor downward facing communication from executive, to mid management, to staff positions. In observation, departments were run loosely and were constantly in damage control fighting various firefights. Unclear growth opportunities, wrapped behind missed promises of promotions... Typical or not excuses were common, stemming from what I imagine to be a result of regular turnover of C level management staff, and poor employee assessment practices. Moral was extremely low towards the end of my tenure. Lose management + unclear future of the credit/debit card industry with the looming threat of mobile payment systems = Uncertain Job security.

Advice to Management

It was clear that C level management was often more or less concerned with their own well being verses the Company's well being or even the staff that served the company. Often HR dealt with situations post incident(even if reported earlier), but these Executives should have been better suited for their positions. More effort to provide more growth support/opportunities, and recognition of productive workers and teams. Implement a framework to create diverse/oversight in decision making processes, otherwise great ideas are not capitalized on.

Mar 16, 2017

The Information Technology (IT) team has evolved significantly over the past three years and that has been a conscious decision by the CIO and iPayment’s leadership team. Today, IT functions as a... More

"Are you desperate?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at iPayment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly people. Everyone has been there forever. Comeradery seems pretty good.

If you're looking for a job in the call center, I'm sure it's just as good as anywhere else. If you're looking for a place where you can skate by, not get paid well, maybe work extra hours but never have to truly get anything done, this may be your place.

Cons

Rather laughable how many "reviews" there are on here that are clearly shill reviews. Here's a tip IPI, if you're going to stuff the ballot box, don't post all of your reviews within days of each other. Looks like a cry went out in July/August to raise iPayment's score on Glassdoor, and all the managers submitted a bunch within days and weeks of each other.

Pay is substandard for professionals.

The approach to getting anything done is to not plan, and just thrive in chaos.

A company this size shouldn't have such a lack of process.

If you like to get things done, you'll get frustrated as you keep thinking that MAYBE you'll change how things are.

Advice to Management

You're broken. Get your head out of the 20th century. Stop acting like a small company. You're coasting on momentum built up years ago. Some other company is going to come drink your milkshake if you don't shape up.

Feb 6, 2017

iPayment has worked diligently to hire and develop the best talent available and, for the most part, we are very fortunate to have a highly dedicated, engaged group of team members who work very hard... More

10. "Customer Relations"

Former Employee - Customer Relations Representative in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Representative in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at iPayment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a great growth opportunity I had to work for iPayment. The board of directors and they're leadership teams make the job amazing in every aspect. The company goes far and beyond for its employees as well as it allows every employee great opportunities to move up within the corporation. Not only is this a great company to work for they also truly take care of they're employees by far to the best of their ability.

Cons

Generally individuals have cons for there prior employer but in my case I could honestly say I don't and if at any moment in time in the future I would look back to go to work for a former employer iPayment Inc. would be my first choice.