iPipeline Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
iPipeline CEO Tim Wallace
Tim Wallace

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • iPipeline is a company with great people and a great culture (in 13 reviews)

• Casual environment, can work from home, great group of fellow colleagues (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There are hard working people who do the real work (in 3 reviews)

• You need to be a self starter to get through the initial learning curve which I was told is very long (in 3 reviews)

""If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.""

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible company, all you have to do is ask and they will try to accommodate any work situation you request. Work from home opportunities. Casual jean work week. Healthy food. Flexible work day.

Cons

Stressful at times but show me a job that isn't. Long hours, but what job doesn't expect you to work over 8 hours a day.

Advice to Management

Recognize some of us older folks that came with the acquisition. We might not shine like the younger crowd but we are dedicated and don't leave the minute the pressure hits. We're there to the end no matter what time it is. Maybe think about sending us to Connections.

Apr 17, 2017 – CEO

We do recognize how important maturity and loyalty are and you do shine! Thank you for being there no matter what and working hard, and we are trying to get everyone to Connections over the next few... More

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I felt the need to write this in response to the recent negative posts. I truly enjoy working in the Ft. Lauderdale office. My coworkers and managers are supportive and we frequently work collaboratively. There has been much change over the year that I have worked here, but it has been very positive and management has been incredibly receptive to the feedback that they have received. Our clients are happier, we feel appreciated and valued, and we have definitely become more efficient. I am most appreciative that we are respected and treated as professionals. I rarely feel like someone is looking over my shoulder or micromanaging me. Also, despite the fact that I have worked here for only a year, I have been given opportunities to train others and become a leader.

iPipeline also offers competitive health benefits, a gym discount, free soda, coffee, tea & fruit, quarterly happy hours in office, frequent company sponsored wellness events (bowling, kayaking, go karting), a Summer family picnic, a Holiday party, you can work from home one day a week, and at least 2 weeks paid vacation. Culture is a top priority for our CEO and we see that every day.

I would also like to point out that as a female in a male dominated profession and office, I do not feel any kind of discrimination, harassment, or misogyny. Our leadership is friendly, approachable and down to earth.

The recent negative posts must be written by someone who no longer works here and/or has a personal issue with management. The vast majority of the employees in our office are happy to work here. Why else would we stay?

Cons

Our software is outdated, but we are in the process of implementing newer technology and more efficient processes.

We are a bit shorthanded at times due to all of the change.

The learning curve is steep. Our software is complicated and proprietary, so it requires a motivated self-starter. But if you stick with it and learn, you will go far.

Advice to Management

Continue the positive changes and keep being receptive to our suggestions and feedback. We appreciate it!

"A Company Quickly Gaining Momentum"

Current Employee - Professional Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

iPipeline is a company with great people and a great culture. Opportunities are available for anyone who is willing to apply themselves and it is common to see hardworking people get promoted relatively quickly and recognized for their efforts.

The company often asks for volunteers to join committees to help improve the workplace. Basically, if you have any good ideas, they want you to share them whether it's directly business related or a fun idea for a company event.

The difference in how this business runs since there has been stable management in place is like night and day.

Cons

The company has made some big improvements in the technology supporting the platform, but there are still improvements to be made.

Advice to Management

Weed out the people who are not happy here and do everyone a favor, especially them. Also, please keep engaging the employees and asking for their feedback. There are people here that really care and want to contribute to make this a better place to work.

"Florida Team Member"

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People. Great change over the past year.
    Great product. We had so many customer successes this year. It feels good.
    Right investment in infrastructure
    Great teamwork across departments
    Great to see the daily fire drill gone

Cons

To the unhappy person hoping to get a job at ultimate. We all wish you well and hope you can be happy.
    Your peers in Florida.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and making the Florida office a better place.

5. "R&D Developer"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at iPipeline as an intern

Pros

-Great work environment to be around

Cons

-Could add more free activities in the office

"Change is coming"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at iPipeline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, these people know how to roll their sleeves up and get things done. Great benefits. The FTL office has gone through 2 acquisitions in the last three years so it will take some time to iron everything out. Knowledgeable people in the directors seats and upper management is making a sound investment and effort to turn things around.

Cons

Until things actually get turned around the life work balance is challenging.

Advice to Management

Take care of your current employees. You have some dedicated hard working people in the FTL office. They should have the training and resources they need to get things done. If teams work continuous evening and weekends they should be allotted some sort of comp time.

Oct 2, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your comments and by the way we have great people in our FTL office. Over the past year they have accomplished so much and should be very proud. If we need more training let the HR... More

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ipipeline hires great employees that generate a fun friendly work environment. Employees there are always willing to help each other and its the kind of place were you can work hard and have fun.

Cons

It does take a bit of time to move up in the company. If I could change anything there it would be more opportunities to advance in the company.

Advice to Management

Give out more "at a boy" bonuses to employees.

Aug 12, 2016 – CEO

Great feedback and thank you. The team was given the feedback on spot bonuses and recognition. It you don't see more "at a boy's" let me know.

8. "My team was great!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at iPipeline (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had a great Team and great people in my office. We were like a little family. I had a chance to work with new technologies. My boss was the best boss ever. Charlotte office is just awesome. Great IT support. Good equipment. Perks and benefits are ok (not the best, but you can live with that). I had pretty good paycheck. My work/life balance was very good because my management was great. I worked in R&D and that is why everything was cool. I learned a lot. Sometimes I am missing you guys! Even Tram!

Cons

Not many cons in my department. I know they hire some not very talented people in other places and sometimes I had to deal with them, but well, they had no relation to me so I could just disregard their low qualification.

Advice to Management

There are so many ideas are given to management here... I cannot give any advise as I am no longer with the company! Advice to new hires: it really depends on a department where you work. If you feel like it is wrong spot for you, get out and never come back, because the company is pretty conservative (no matter what Tim writes here in comments).

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at iPipeline full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- People!
    - Culture
    - Opportunity
    - Management
    - Did I say people? They really try hard to bring in top notch folks that can grow with and help grow the company.
    - CEO is a caring, real human being. Down to earth. Yes, he demands a lot, but he also cares deeply about the good people that work under him.
    - CSO is a character but has wonderfully creative ideas. Just what you'd expect. :)

Cons

- Not all office locations/departments are created equal. Perception is that some locations/departments are much more desirable than others.
    - Health benefits are trickier than what I'm used to. Perhaps that's just the trend. iPipeline does a great job in helping to offset the challenges, though.

Advice to Management

Current focus on culture and workplace atmosphere is spot on. Quality focus previously was also excellent and produced great results. Perception of Professional Services Department needs serious attention. Perhaps the department structure or leadership needs reconsideration. Or even the entire model?

Apr 11, 2016 – CEO

These are great comments and I appreciate the thought you put into your suggestions. We actually are looking at he PS model with the help of Thoma Bravo team. We will roll out culture changes next... More

"Positive experience in a good atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

I would like to share my experience in the FLL office as it is different to multiple reviews I have seen. Personally, I have had a very positive experience. Yes, we have encountered obstacles along the way, but this is applicable to all companies.

I have also experienced a very positive change with new management and do not agree with negative reviews. I have had constant support, both professionally and personally and feel that this creates a mutual relationship of trust and respect. I have seen a genuine effort to create a positive environment and an improved experience for our employees and our customers, and I feel we are on the right track for doing so.

It is unfortunate that a handful of bad personal experiences from employees that are not content with their role have transcribed to negative reviews. This is not an accurate reflection. I genuinely enjoy coming to work daily. I feel we have a group of talented individuals that are coming together as a team and can accomplish great things together.

Cons

At times, work life balance is not optimal, but it comes with the industry and the role.

Advice to Management

I have seen and experienced a positive turnaround in the last couple of months in FLL. Keep it up.

We can leverage best practices from our other offices, and this could be and approach that could increase morale and help teams improve efficiency.

Industry training would also be helpful in aiding the teams create more value to our customers.

Mar 6, 2016 – CEO

Thank you very much for this review. We are working very hard to make Ft Lauderdale one of our best offices. Thank you for the advise, I take all these suggestions to heart.

Tim