iPromo Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 12, 2019

3.5
Leo Friedman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This is a casual office atmosphere located in a great location in the west loop" (in 4 reviews)

• "Great ideas and dedication towards future growth and expansion" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management will try to tell you what the earnings potential is but the commission structure does not equal that compensation" (in 3 reviews)

"Awesome place to work. Give us a look."

I have been working at iPromo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company, great location, great atmosphere with caring and sharing team members. Fun industry providing personalized and branded product solutions for clients.

Cons

Don't have any cons to share.

2. "ok place"

Current Employee - Leads Team
    Current Employee - Leads Team

I have been working at iPromo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice team mates and office

Cons

hours, pay, vacation and commission structure

"The new iPromo - READ THIS REVIEW!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at iPromo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

iPromo sets the example for how a company should be run in today's business climate. Fun team to work with. Casual dress environment. Dog-friendly. Management is very forward thinking and takes the opinions of staff into consideration when making important decisions. We work in a modern, open floor plan office in the West Loop - 2 blocks from the El stop. The company is in rapid growth and expansion mode currently, with no sign of slowing down anytime soon. The work we do for our clients is stimulating, exciting, fun and rewarding! We take tremendous pride in the solution we provide to our clients. Great benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401k, and generous time off! Plus, the company provides bottomless snacks and coffee, a ping pong table, and a cozy employee lounge for a relaxing break. A great place to work that I look forward to coming to every day. Lastly, we are a very transparent team, which starts at the top with our founder/CEO who himself is as humble as they come! We are unstoppable, and the future looks extremely bright!

Cons

No cons to mention. I'm very proud to be a member of our dynamic team.

Advice to Management

Continue to solicit feedback. Continue being transparent. Continue to empower the team. And continue to leverage technology to our advantage.

"Immense learning opportunities!"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at iPromo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn and grow in your career! The team is excellent to work with and makes each day a pleasure. Nice, bright office. Hard-working people and fun environment. Clients-first approach with a high degree of focus on customer satisfaction. Great ideas and dedication towards future growth and expansion. Modern tools and platforms used. Location in west loop is a plus!

Cons

Room for more open communication between managers and employees.

Advice to Management

Company is on a growth trajectory, which is great. With a little more focus on employee growth and identifying individual development needs, the results could be even better.

5. "The Truth"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at iPromo full-time

Pros

This is a casual office atmosphere located in a great location in the west loop. The people there are extremely cool and down to earth. Everyone appears to be in a constant state of learning and expanding. Your success depends on you.

Cons

The work days can be long but they tend to work with you on that if you are a person that comes to work to work. Every company has its shortcomings, stabilizing and more training with the systems couldn't hurt.

Advice to Management

Remain open to suggestions and utilizing those suggestions, your employees will definitely feel involved and important if you do.

"Do Not Recommend"

I have been working at iPromo full-time

Pros

Casual dress code. Young staff.

Cons

No sales support. Training program is a joke. A lot of turnover at this company. No transparency.

iPromo Response

Nov 13, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your review. We're sorry it didn't work out, but we are strong believer that you get out of your job what you put in. We understand you were frustrated with some of the elements of your... More

7. "Sales Rep"

I worked at iPromo full-time

Pros

Nice environment, nice staff and a great CEO. No micromanagement you have you’re own space to work.

Cons

No structural training at all for sales reps. Management expects you to learn the sales tactics on your own. Some racism and a lot of favoritism. It’s Privately owned, so I guess that’s normal. But should not be happening.

Advice to Management

Have a well set up training session for few weeks. Don’t expect people coming from a diff way of selling (sales) to adapt to a brand new software that they’ve never used.

You guys sell promotional products... this isn’t Shark Tank.
    Some management NEEDS to be re-trained.

iPromo Response

Oct 2, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your candid feedback and being a part of the team. We definitely did not follow our established training process for your class. I completely agree that more guidance and training... More

"Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at iPromo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, Great People, Great opportunities! You are given everything you need to succeed. Leadership does everything possible to make sure you do well.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to handle an influx of orders!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!

"Great company with huge growth potential!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at iPromo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There have been significant improvements in the company over the last few months. The company is expanding and is continuing to grow and develop to it’s fullest potential. New management is driven and focused to develop a successful, talented team in a casual and fun environment. There is a clear path for career advancement and management is always available to help you succeed. Co-workers are fun and the energy on the sales floor is contagious and motivating.

Cons

There was a rocky transition with the new CRM system that was implemented, but that is expected with system changes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Your open availability and constant feedback is always appreciated.

10. "Great Company!"

I have been working at iPromo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and Friendly team and great office location! Management is very helpful with employees and making sure that everyone is comfortable and in the best position to succeed.

Cons

Nothing at all it's great

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work