iProspect Reviews in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
iProspect Global President Ben Wood
Ben Wood

Pros
  • The department gets together on Fridays to share ideas and successes, it's a good opportunity to learn (in 12 reviews)

• Employees get a lot of freedom and independency and they can learn a lot (in 10 reviews)

Cons

1. "Not Perfect, But Start Your Career Here"

Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at iProspect (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Education
    Excellent Resources
    Fantastic Training
    Great Culture
    I do not regret it as a first job at all

Cons

Office Politics
    Career Growth after 2 Years
    Performance
    Compensaton

Advice to Management

Create a track for those who wish to perform, and pay more

Former Employee - Search Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Search Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA

I worked at iProspect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible learning experience for those new to the industry, wide variety of enterprise level clients, and extremely smart group of people. If a friend was looking to learn about digital media and build their resume I would suggest they work at iProspect as long as they don't mind being miserable for a year. As soon as I added iProspect to my Linkedin profile the recruiter calls came rolling in.

Cons

Absolutely no work/life balance. You're expected to work an insane amount of hours to please clients that pay far too much money for iP's services. The turn-over rate is extremely high and managers are frequently overextended. Leadership team is overpaid compared considering the amount of pressure and low compensation that junior employees are up against.

Advice to Management

Clients pay a lot of money for iProspect's services and the day-to-day team should see more of that compensation. The turnover rate speaks for itself, employees gain experience at iP and can easily find much better compensation once they've added search experience to their resume.

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Boston, MA

Pros

people
    free snacks
    can learn a lot about multiple channels
    smart employees
    big well known clients

Cons

communication from the top down can be poor
    pay
    career advancement is difficult and often put off by upper management as long as possible
    turnover

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at iProspect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Agency brand recognition; good resume builder

Cons

I left a company I loved to work with a big brand I was passionate about at iP, but then management moved me to a completely different role on a client I had no interest in because of my skill set. Client berated me daily. This almost made me leave advertising altogether because the experience was so disheartening. Very disappointed in iProspect.

Advice to Management

Manage and coach better. Choose managers who are truly interested and passionate about managing. And ensure company culture doesn't differ by team and client account. Consider developing team members based on their interests, rather than forcing a path based on their skills.

"Account Supervisor"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Boston, MA

I worked at iProspect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-Workers. You have some of the most brilliant people surrounding you all the time. Not only that, but they are willing to help each other out for the greater good. Also, as a supervisor coming in, the level of motivation and intelligence every member of my teams had was astounding.

Cons

High Turnover, you get a lot of very young, inexperienced workers that see money as the number one driving force. They pay less than other agencies so they lose talent. That being said, people need to see beyond the dollar sign and see the opportunities you have at iProspect.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with the supervising team. It helps to get the message out and without a lot of confusion.

"A-Meh-Zing"

I worked at iProspect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good onboarding process and trainings across teams sometimes
    Variety of snacks
    Young work environment

Cons

Clients over employees.
    Upper Management tends to leave a lot of something to be desired even if they are open to "change" (every single year aka restructuring) but that's a given in every workplace. Good luck!

Advice to Management

Adopt in technologies ASAP like DBMS for ease of storing data and reporting instead of constant pulling and exporting on an API and refreshing and editing and saving on larger than life documents.

"Account Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at iProspect full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Large clients help to gain great experience. Co-workers willing to help each other out.

Cons

Salary is not evaluated as often as it should be. Most promotions have to do with politics and not those with the best skill set.

Advice to Management

Make yourselves more visible in the office. Show employees how much you value them by evaluating salaries more often and paying closer to the rest of the market.

"Great Place to Develop a Career"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at iProspect full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Comprehensive online and in person trainings
    Ability to learn about other channels if you are willing to take on extra work
    You can move up if you listen to the feedback given (and there is plenty beyond the annual review if you ask for ir!)
    Management is willing to change, always trying to do better
    Benefits are good; health insurance co-pays depends on the insurance option you choose; decent maternity leave too
    You definitely have to network within the agency to continue your career - success isn't just about you doing good work by yourself, it's defined as helping your teammates, office-mates, and iPers across offices

Cons

Went through some significant but much needed leadership changes in the US in 2013
    In many offices, there is a struggle to hire backfills - we have reactive staffing, not proactive
    Part of becoming a large agency means there are more administrative processes, especially as you move up the ladder
    You definitely have to network within the agency to continue your career (also a con)

Advice to Management

Continue valuing employees.
    Keep embracing change, it's what makes us successful!
    Don't assume because one team or person makes a mistake, we are all doing the same thing.

"Fantastic Environment for Career Development"

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at iProspect (More than a year)

Pros

iProspect was the ideal first job for me - the initial training program is highly professional and comprehensive, ensuring a smooth transition into the work. iP holds weekly office-wide educational and info sharing sessions which are engaging and insightful. I have earned jobs based on my experiences at iP.

The company regularly holds fun office events (field days, scavenger hunts, team bonding nights), and fosters a highly social community.

Cons

The actual work can be frustrating, dull and one-dimensional, but this is entirely due to the agency's specialty (primarily PPC advertising). Most employees leave within 2-3 years in order to expand their skill sets and receive exposure to other marketing channels.

Staff including junior management (meaning sub-Director level) are a bit underpaid given the hours worked, but this may have changed since I left. Hours per week can hit the 50-60 range depending on the client.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand on learning opportunities - promote marketing conferences and trips to staff.

"Good agency experience"

Former Employee - Search Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at iProspect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great experience learning SEM and getting to work on Fortune 500 clients. I really appreciated the structure around training and quality assurance. These are things I've carried forward into other parts of my career. "Fun" benefits included open bar holiday parties, and other holiday and social events. Bring your dog to work day, company bake-off, cube decorating etc. These were all fun things that helped contribute to the company culture. Also appreciated nice quarterly bonuses that everyone was eligible for.

Cons

Sometimes unqualified individuals got promoted which was bad for company culture and also the clients who received poor services. Pay raises began to stagnate, which is why I left in my later years. Company wasn't great about sharing information- lots of secrets until the last possible moment when they had to tell.

Advice to Management

Don't forget where you come from and maintain quality service for your clients.