iQ Media Reviews | Glassdoor

iQ Media Reviews

Updated May 8, 2018

Found 22 reviews

3.7
iQ Media CEO Kevin Kohn (no image)
Kevin Kohn

"Enterprise Sales Development"

Sales Development Associate in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at iQ Media

Pros

I enjoyed coming to work every day. The people here are special from senior leadership on down. Amazing office atmosphere and company culture. A passionate leadership group that really cares about the employees. The product is always improving and fun to sell. If you get the opportunity to come on board and are willing to work hard then the sky is the limit. A great group of smart, passionate, and down to earth... people make it a fun place to work.

Cons

There are always challenges when you are looking to grow and improve but things are going in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and communication between departments! Great people are in place to take this company to the next level. Continue to be passionate and disruptive in the space!

iQ Media2016-06-03

"Awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at iQ Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

At the time they offered a cool atmosphere, xbox/foosball in the office that no one was allowed to use

Cons

-micromanaged -mass layoffs at least 3 times (you destroyed a lot of lives) -awful management -competitive market -no transparency -no training

iQ Media2018-05-08

"Decent Company w/ Potential"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at iQ Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits Cool technology Friendly colleagues Multiple locations

Cons

Very competitive market Marketing needs to focus on branding Need to listen to customers and offer an end to end solution

Advice to Management

Adapt as the market dictates Don't think you're offering is the end all be all solution

iQ Media2017-05-17

July 24, 2017VP Marketing

Thank you for your feedback, due to to changes in strategic direction, our DC office was closed in early 2016, so the comments here do not reflect the current situation. We have recently relaunched our platform as an end-to-end solution for TV, sponsorship and PR, complete with updated branding complete in 2016. Our strategic solution is allowing us to get incredibly competitive and known in market, results in high growth rates and blue chip clients. We wish you well in your future roles.

4. "Great NYC Sales Manager and company culture until their Series A"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at iQ Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best companies I worked for until they received their Series A 9/2016.

Cons

Series A completely changed company culture and also laid off half of company (40) as a result. No idea what its like now.

iQ Media2017-01-11

July 24, 2017VP Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. Our Series A round was actually completed in 2015, not 2016. Changes were made at this time due a shift in strategy. iQ media has been steadily growing and advancing, especially with the new appointment of our CEO, updated sales process and new leadership. We are proud to have been named a best place to work in both Philadelphia and the state of Pennsylvania. We wish you the best of luck and nothing but success in future endeavors.

"Associate"

I have been working at iQ Media full-time

Pros

- Passionate founders who are extremely motivating - technology is cutting edge - very passionate employees - management is generous with benefits

Cons

- a lot of miscommunication between departments - office politics - favoritism in certain departments - lack of career growth for current employees

Advice to Management

Take more initiative to have growth within ALL departments. Treat each department with respect, not just the sales department

iQ Media2016-11-30

December 4, 2016VP Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it and we are working hard on constantly improving. We are sorry to hear you are having a negative experience at iQ and would like to address it. Please consider approaching your manager, Kye or HR so we can work together to resolve the issue and improve your experience at iQ.

6. "Professional growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at iQ Media full-time

Pros

iQ really cares about the growth and professional development of its employees. Over the duration of my employment, I've witnessed the majority of entry level positions receive promotions and move on to other departments within the company. If you want to be a well-rounded employee and learn many different skills, iQ is the place to be! If you're here to work hard, you'll go far. Praise is part of the daily... routine along with constructive criticism. The founders and CEO care about you. You'll often see them around the office asking how everyone is doing. There's an effort to break down the management/worker bee wall - we're all in this together. Dress is business casual.

Cons

A lot of movement and change has occurred without much reason given.

Advice to Management

Communication to all employees about the future of the company.

iQ Media2016-06-24
  7. ""Great room for growth""

in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at iQ Media for more than a year

Pros

I've been with iQ for over 2 years now and have had a great experience so far. I've had multiple opportunities to grow in my current role with 3 different promotions in my tenure. With each transition, the wealth of knowledge available to me has changed each time; helping me diversify my skill sets. Here at iQ, we are always planning ahead to find the next big thing so we don't get lost in the dust. Great... benefits and community service outreach frequency has grown more over the years. Employee culture is great and leads to a very creative environment where anyone can very easily share their input from the bottom up.

Cons

Make smarter strategic decisions. Think about the future and how something we change now will affect us internally weeks/months down the line. Day to day involvement in operations was a little lackluster in the past, has grown over time, but don't let it revert back to the way it was.

Advice to Management

Communicate & Organize more effectively

iQ Media2016-06-13

June 24, 2016VP Marketing

We are thrilled to hear you are having a great experience with iQ media and that you have been able to grow within the company! We also take your feedback to heart about communications and strategic decisions. We believe a new investment in our company, additions to management and a new product are getting use closer to fulfilling this promise. Thank you!

8. "Young, cultural and innovative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at iQ Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working at iQ media for about a year now and have had overall positive experiences. Everyone that works here exerts passionate vibes that stem from leadership. Hearing the passion from the CEO,Partners and SVP make you feel like you're part of something big, innovative and disruptive. We have a very technologically advanced product that changes the way PR professionals perform their jobs and I'm excited... that I can be apart of it. Management believes in their team and is always looking for opportunities to succeed and grow. The higher level executives value what the employees have to say and are receptive to change.

Cons

Not having interdepartmental support. Normal growing pains of a startup.

Advice to Management

Your presence in the office is very impactful to all the teams' overall performances.

iQ Media2016-06-03

"Great Technology, With Even Better People"

I have been working at iQ Media full-time

Pros

-Constantly updating the platform with features that are not only changing the space, but allowing themselves to take the lead in a competitive industry -Laid back, “be yourself” type office culture that allows employees to thrive at their own pace and in their own manner. Quotas are very reasonable and there’s always a colleague around to address any questions or offer their input. -Equip employees with all... tools and knowledge needed to be successful. -Excellent employee benefits

Cons

-Steep, but manageable learning curve

Advice to Management

-Continue enhancing internal communication along with making great hires, and there’s no doubt iQ will continue to succeed and dominate.

iQ Media2016-05-25

"Run for the Hills! High Turn-Over, Little Support"

I have been working at iQ Media full-time

Pros

The office aims to have a trendy start up feel. The company makes up bilateral "promotions" to keep the young employees happy.

Cons

They are pricing themselves out of a market that is already riddled with legal issues. While upper management is friendly, they are not involved in actual day-to-day improvement of staff. This is a churn and burn sales position with zero attention to providing tools to help employees succeed.

iQ Media2016-03-23