iQor Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
iQor President and CEO Hartmut Liebel
Hartmut Liebel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Boss doesn't micromanage, we have help in place if I need it, work environment is great, pay is reasonable (in 23 reviews)

• good energy and great work life balance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • pettiness was at the highest I have seen at any call center I had ever worked at (in 20 reviews)

• The work environment is quite "different" (in 17 reviews)

1. "This job is easy to come up in if you apply yourself."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at iQor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money of course.
    Overtime.
    They work with you.
    Teamwork.
    High chance of being hired by simply walking in; immediate.

Cons

The work environment is quite "different".
    You must not go through anybody but HR when you're feeling funny about a situation.
    High school environment.

Advice to Management

As an employee here, you must branch out with this company in SFL, it's an awesome business.

"Not that bad, but bad"

Current Employee - Agent in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Agent in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at iQor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A paycheck, and the customers

Cons

Not all AVP's enforce rules unilaterally. Experience at a retail store does not make you an automatically good call center manager .

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging, discipline only those who need it or else prepare to lose good employees and your client contracts. No amount of money or incentives will retain good people if you treat them like dirt.

3. "Senior agent"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at iQor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits , cool environment , nice co workers , decent pay , have customer service appreciation week every year

Cons

Supervisor had favorites also the point system is a bit overrated can't help if you get sick on critical days which is Monday and Friday an that's double points

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management because each department has separate mangers

4. "Short lived"

Former Employee - Inbound Collections in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Collections in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Easy job for Verizon. Training was easy. Pay rate is higher than some places but still nothing to rave about.

Cons

Company downsized and Verizon cut most supervisors. I left because I was told my job was secure by several teams of management. However, within hours and days everyone was fired. Red flag!

Advice to Management

No need to be so cliquey

5. "Fast paced"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at iQor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close to home, 401k, friendly co-workers, nice breakroom. It wants me to put 20 words and there's nothing positive to say about this place.

Cons

Attendance policy is too strict. Their breaks are way too short and you have to deal with bottom of the barrel customers. They have their favorites who they let call out whenever they want. People don't show up for two days and bring in doctor's notes. Managers are stupid enough to believe they were sick. This place sucks!! Only ghetto people work here.

6. "Great company"

I have been working at iQor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company and great bonuses

Cons

Short breaks , and more management

7. "Customer Care Representive"

Current Employee - Junior Customer Care Representative in Meridian, MS
    Current Employee - Junior Customer Care Representative in Meridian, MS

I have been working at iQor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incentives, Benefits, and Progressing within the company

Cons

The pay is not what it should be for the job.

8. "The most negative workplace I've experienced."

Current Employee - Call Center in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Call Center in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at iQor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's difficult to think of anything proficient about this office. Nothing comes to mind. There is a cafeteria in the building.

Cons

Gossip, inept managers, lousy pay, negative reinforcement, no 3 month reviews, over promising and under delivering by management on a daily basis. Currently searching for another job.

Advice to Management

Actually do something besides sit in your offices and make fun of your staff.

9. "Terrible place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at iQor (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy money to pay bills

Cons

Work does not require mental fortitude

Advice to Management

Allow people to take lunch breaks

"WORSE THAN A PUPPY MILL! CONSTANTLY HIRING"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Klamath Falls, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Klamath Falls, OR

I have been working at iQor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you do receive a paycheck every 2 weeks at 10.00 per hour . there are benefits after training

Cons

lose 20+ employees every month , 36+ new hires every 6 weeks. Cannot keep employees. No job security. Too keep from paying metric bonus will raise requirements at last minute. required to follow a script , you must ask cust to upgrade to protection plan premier free for 30 days no cost no claim period and additional 12.99 after that if you dont you get an alert if you get 3 alerts you are told ATT makes money by this and if agent not upgrading cust they are not making ATT money and they will loose job. Basically you are hired to make customers upgrade ther protection plan not for troubleshooting or resolving problems.

Advice to Management

Follow through with things promised instead of changing at last minute. Get rid of Alerts if you do not solicite premier protection plan to customers on every call. WFE is a good tool however we are not robots and the steps in WFE are not always correct and result in uneeded service calls , not to mention waiting for the pages to load all the way and you have to read script before moving on are too time consuming, and lead to customer getting more frutsrated because of the amount of time they have to wait. Getting alerts for being on calls more than 10 minutes is hindering agents from providing quality customer service . You want us to provide full account care, resolve all issues those things take time ...customer calls in about an osd on tv you resolve that it can take anywhere from 8 minutes or more then you ask them is there anything else they tell you a billing problem so you go back to wfe and go thru those steps explaining charges and fees, making sure being billed for correct services , eq etc 10+ minutes then ask them again if theres anything else and they have questions about there program package you go back through wfe again and go over channel line up ,10+ minutes ask agai if anything else and they have questions about ther ATT cell service or Uverse, you go back through WFE, place cust on hold wait for other dept to pick up give them information and transfer cust 5-10+ minutes. we get alerts for long handle time plus transferring to another dept. Either you want us to provide the best customer support with accurate information or rush customer , not resolve all there issues and cause callbacks wich we get alerts for yet again!!! EITHER ALLOW US TO PROVIDE SUPERIOR SUPPORT or stop giving alerts for callbacks, etc because the callbacks will get higher and higher because not all customer questions were addressed