iRhythm Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO
1 Rating

"Excellent growing employer"

I have been working at iRhythm Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive environment from all levels of employees! I continually get professional constructive feedback from managers that I can use. Higher pay than most companies for the same position. CEO and directors are always asking for feedback from our point as an employee and from our customers.

Cons

Can not think of any needs for improvement at the moment. The executive team shows true passion for improving and growing!

Advice to Management

As the company grows don't forget the front line people that are the heart of the business.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at iRhythm Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, everyone is very friendly, makes it feel like you matter. Management is open to suggestions when it comes to specific details about your position and responsibilities.

Cons

The company is still growing so there are some processes that may seem redundant.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with making everyone feel like what they do is appreciated, at times it's very fast paced but they're still available to talk to and for help when needed

"Look Somewhere Else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at iRhythm Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

On the surface, everything looks amazing. Put any company in a nice building and a company will look nice.

Fast computers, snacks, and easily approved PTO.

Cons

The concept of growing pains is BS because what matters is how you treat people here and now.

Management works behind closed doors. Theres no vision that is relayed to employees. No development for employees here really. There is no facilitation of teamwork and collaboration. Communication- fractured. Everyone is out pretty much for themselves. Accountability is on whoever is not in the position of power.

The company preaches one thing and does another. A great example is the company's values. The practice is the exact opposite. New ideas are not valued; rather, looked down upon because it is not in your place. With management, constructive feedback goes in one ear and comes out the other with a smile on their face as if what u said matters. What u tell them doesn't matter because their actions speak louder than words.

The culture is come to work, do your work and go home. Respect is only practiced on the surface. People will smile at you but treat you through their work like a dog. And, there is no real passion here. If you work here, you are expected to work like a machine, go home, and come back refreshed.

Management throws money at their problems. Why? because at iRhythm, Management does what management wants and nobody can do anything about it.

If you want to work here. Get ready to kiss butt EVERYDAY because that is the only way to get anywhere here. Just ask those who are getting anywhere there.

Advice to Management

You need real leaders, healthy HR with a development program, and actually be passionate about what you do. The company has AMAZING potential but it is being spoiled by bad apples. Get rid of the churn and burn. As far as actions show, the company doesn't exist for health"care". Because everyone looks out for themselves.

Oh, and listen to your customers please. I am sure the frontline staff in customer service and sales can tell you what's happening out there.

"Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Pros

Great People
    Great Product
    Pay is reasonable and fair
    Management is working hard to improve processes and procedures while maintaining pace of a fast growing company.
    Challenging

Cons

iRhythm is not perfect. It does not pretend to be. Employees and new hires need to understand that this is a fast growing private company. It is not a well oiled machine. Not everything is lined up, defined and wrapped up. If you are ok with the fast pace and evolving workplace, that this is perfect workplace for you. Folks that come in and want everything clearly outlined and slow pace will not flourish here.

Glassdoor has become a place for disgruntled employees to vent. Losing credibility for an honest review of a business.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the staff, creating opportunities and career development.

"Cardiac tech"

Current Employee - Cardiac Tech in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Cardiac Tech in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at iRhythm Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays better than most companies

Cons

Wear many hats, resposible for a lot with no incentives

"Customer Service Intern"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at iRhythm Technologies part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment was relaxed and it was a friendly work environment. Growing and fast paced nature of the company made it interesting as a work place and stimulating

Cons

The day to day work load was somewhat mundance and remained the same. There was not much variety and most of my day consisted of phone calls and dealing with unhappy customers.

Advice to Management

I believe there should be more variety in the day to day customer service tasks.

"Very Disappointing & Jerked around!!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at iRhythm Technologies part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Maybe some co-workers were great to work with at first. Learned a lot from a handful of mentors, but the business aspect is really sad the way they run it.

Cons

Poor Management skills, poor communication skills between supervisors and staff, put quantity before quality, dedication, commitment and hard work means absolutely nothing to them only the $$$$. No time for breaks or lunch's, break promises and outright lie to you about the companies future and financial status. Reviews are always late. Meetings are constantly changing times everyday. Spend way to much money on overhead. They get what they need out of you at the time and then they chew you up and spit you out.later without significant reason. Very high levels of stress that several employees have had to resign because it was dangerously affecting their health.

Advice to Management

Management skills are much to be desired. If you put certain people in positions where they have authority, they should be trained appropriately and communicate in a professional manner. Should be up front and honest with employee's. Should listen to employees feed back and be aware of what is actually happening on a day to day basis instead of assuming. The worst working experience I have ever had as a professional and looking for other employment.

iRhythm Technologies Response

Jan 3, 2014 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your review and feedback. As a growing company, we are constantly working to improve how we do things - whether as managers, as employees or as a company with our customers. We value ... More

"Amazing company to work for!"

I have been working at iRhythm Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Incredible group of people to work with
    -Friendly workplace environment
    -Managers that are always willing to hear what you have to say
    -Incredibly cross departmental relationships

Cons

-The company is still fairly new and still grow so some processes may seem redundant.

"Fast Paced and Growing Rapidly"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at iRhythm Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great. I have been working here for about 5 years and I have never worked for a Company that cared for their Employees as much as iRhythm does. The Managers are very easy to speak to when it comes to anything concerning and encourage you to speak up. They are both GREAT and each bring something different to the table. The Company is growing at a fast pace, which is GREAT because this should help provide more opportunity for growth within the Company.

Cons

I would like to see more Promotions within the Company vs Always looking outside. We have GREAT Employees that are more then capable and should be given the opportunity regardless if they have a Degree or not. It should also be a requirement that you have to be with the Company for a year to be able to apply and be considered for a New Position. Today that is what we are told, but I have seen in more then one occasion a New Hire has been transitioned to a different department within days of hire or months and that is not FAIR, when there are people who have been with the Company waiting to reach their year to apply for a New Position or Employees that have been here for more then a year and are not given the opportunity to apply for a New Position.

Advice to Management

Be FAIR and do whats RIGHT for your Team/Employees. Today we are told to speak up, but when people do nothing gets done or comes from it, and that ends up causing people to shut down. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS!!!

"Poor leadership"

Pros

Friendly and helpful colleagues, for the most part. There are some great leaders that are trying their best but the weight of poor management is overwhelming.

Cons

There are several Managers that are way under-qualified and those same managers have a tendency to blame others for their failures or shortcomings. Not much room for advancement unless you are part of the inner circle.

Advice to Management

Lean more about the department you manage. Accept your mistakes and fix them. Pretending you know your job only works until you cross paths with someone who knows your job better. Realize you will eventually sound like an idiot.