iRiS Software Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

iRiS Software Systems Reviews

Updated Sep 5, 2019

Found 19 reviews

3.9
iRiS Software Systems CEO Chris Newton-Smith (no image)
Chris Newton-Smith
  1. "Has potential, but also has a lot of problems to solve."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at iRiS Software Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues, strong at their roles. Flexible working hours, for most there's a good work-life balance. Senior leadership now perform regular surveys and take on the feedback.

Cons

Uncompetitive salaries, looking for a bargain. High staff turnover, across the company, at all levels. Two office downsizes (the second is subjective, as although the office is smaller, there are now communal areas shared with other companies). A focus on income-generating, rather than strategic work. I had little confidence in the company's financial situation. Management talk a good game, you need to read... between the lines.

Advice to Management

If you manage to focus more on strategy, the transformation to the business would be significant. I know you're trying, if you pull it off, I think a lot of the problems will go away and I would recommend working at iRiS.

iRiS Software Systems2019-09-05
  2. "Always improving"

I have been working at iRiS Software Systems full-time

Pros

I have been working at iRiS for some time and have noticed some amazing changes to the way things are going. The product is gathering momentum and is much stronger than it used to be. I also see improvements internally happening and I'm really excited for the future with this company. It kind of feels like we're on the cusp of something special. Best thing for me is the flexible working and being able to see more of... my family

Cons

Growing pains to be expected in a start-up, money seems tight but there is still a nice effort made to put on social events and give us benefits

Advice to Management

feels like there needs to be more action taken to keep employees happy with progression and what not but I'm really enjoying work right now

iRiS Software Systems2019-05-17
  3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in London, England

I have been working at iRiS Software Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

iRiS is one of the most flexible places I have worked, where I have found that employers and employees have a mutual respect for both each others work and personal lives. The company does its best to promote a healthy work life balance. If you show propensity for tasks outside of your role, you will be given the opportunity to try it out, meaning that there is always room to learn and progress inside and out of... your own field.

Cons

Laptops and equipment could do with a spruce up

iRiS Software Systems2019-05-17
  4. "Massively impressed!"

I have been working at iRiS Software Systems full-time

Pros

The company has really turned a corner in the last year. I've been with the company for a while, and seen some terrible people join, and some truly awful output from various teams. The business has a focus, a drive, and a really promising few years ahead of it that I cannot wait to be a part of. The iRiS I was promised when I joined is starting to take shape and I believe in the CEO and product now.

Cons

More great team members to help the company grow.

iRiS Software Systems2019-04-17
  5. "Hotel Technology"

I have been working at iRiS Software Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team. Social side is excellent. Exciting industry with the opportunity to work on amazing projects with world leading brands.

Cons

Disconnected and silo’d teams that don’t communicate well. Inconsistency with product plans and roadmap, lack of input from all relevant departments on what the core products should be.

Advice to Management

Not only open up lines of cummunication but also listen to your staff.

iRiS Software Systems2018-04-26

""Great place for career progression""

I have been working at iRiS Software Systems full-time

Pros

1. Growing focus on HR/benefits/culture- they have recently introduced flexible woking hours, along with an extra perk of getting your birthday off 2. Great hard-working and friendly people who are sociable inside and outside of work- a team of around 25 of us are doing the 10-12 mile Tough Mudder obstacle course in September 4. Career opportunities are excellent- if you show willingness to take on ownership of... projects you can move up within your team and the company quickly 3. The product is improving all the time- global market/new big partnership opportunities

Cons

1. The office is split across 2 floors which does not always facilitate a whole team environment, but plans are in place for an office move next year which will hopefully resolve this

Advice to Management

Continue efforts to create a fresh and flexible workplace, where communication is open and transparent

iRiS Software Systems2017-07-04
  7. "Improving. Employees have many opportunities to grow."

Current Employee - Operations in London, England

I have been working at iRiS Software Systems full-time

Pros

iRiS have given me a huge number of opportunities to learn. I started fairly junior but have had the opportunity to learn how to do my role in a way that I am sure would not be available elsewhere. Huge opportunities to learn and grow Very open to ideas and progression I am part of a great team I feel like I make a difference in this company Management structure changing for the better all the time.... A lot of deadwood in the company has been axed.

Cons

Pay is still not where it should be. Some top level management changes still required, in approach not necessarily personnel.

Advice to Management

Keep the upward trend going and support your younger employees, there is a lot of loyalty and hard work done that is sometimes undervalued.

iRiS Software Systems2017-05-18
  8. "Good career move"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at iRiS Software Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to learn on the job with skilled department heads. Good perks for all the staff. Open & honest communication from Senior Management.

Cons

Can be noisy and hectic in the office.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the staff

iRiS Software Systems2017-05-17

"Bit hectic. Company has potential"

in London, England

I worked at iRiS Software Systems

Pros

Some really lovely people. Those that get on well tend to meet up socially. Because of how people were mixed sitting, meant that there couldn't be music or too much talking, as it could be heard on sales calls. Meant that at times things could seem iscolated / unsociable. But many walked around when taking a break and chatted with others. Many took lunch together.

Cons

Pressure on teams could be intense, resulting in high turn over. Direction of business could seem less decisive that it needed to be. But having spoken with friends still at the company, it does sound as though this is changing.

Advice to Management

Culture is key to business success and retention.

iRiS Software Systems2017-05-21
  10. "Good changes"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at iRiS Software Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative industry, Good people, Starting to prioritise HR, Great global clients, exciting opportunities coming soon. Good office location but could do with more space.

Cons

Bad processes, important decisions get made without proper thought or processes. Needs more product focus. Is improving Human Resources priority but use to be bottom of list

Advice to Management

Listen to those below you. Nurture talent. Don't let good people be overlooked. Streamline product

iRiS Software Systems2017-01-31