iSKY Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jason Tryfon

1. "Great team!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at iSKY full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful people to work with, across the US and abroad
    Always learning new skills
    Impressive new products
    Driven to become leader in CRM
    Flexibility for working from home
    Get regular updates on the state of the business from upper management

Cons

cant think of anything out of the ordinary

Advice to Management

keep selling!! :)

2. "Improve tech; focus on building a product rather than tailored services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at iSKY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smart team and management who is willing to listen.
    - Flexible work hours.

Cons

- Tech is outdated (90's), questionable scalability

Advice to Management

Work on improving tech

Oct 12, 2016 – CEO

First and foremost on behalf of the team, we want to thank you for the comment! Much has changed since you departed (in what appears to be June) including a new CEO, new branding, new product suite ... More

3. "Good call center basic training."

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Bend, OR

I worked at iSKY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very competitive environment, good opportunities for advancement except to move into management.

Cons

Company bought out by less worker friendly business. New company reduced wages and hours. Very few full time positions available.

5. "Amazing company, great people and great products"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at iSKY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leading edge company with funding

Cons

None that I have experienced

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you re doing!

6. "not bad, not ideal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Pros

It offers a fairly flexible schedule and there is an opportunity to make of it what you put in. It requires an entreprenuerial bent and orientation because there is very little mentoring but there is "running room" for new ideas.

Cons

incremental growth and no long-term opportunities. Much of the staff is ill suited for their current roles, much less taking on additional responsibilities. The current client base gets very little value and that has worked for a long time because the clients are fairly unsophisticated and don't have a good sense of what they aren't getting. This is changing quickly.

Advice to Management

focus on future, revamp the entire staff, get rid of IT as a core competency (outsource it) and be prepared to invest

7. "Work life balance like no other company"

I have been working at iSKY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been an employee of iSKY for just over a year. iSKY is a medium sized company with a family style organization feel, with an onboarding process which introduces new employees to the work environment that is inviting and well received. Option to work from home which allows for a work life balance that is not seen in many organizations. I would be hard pressed to find another company that offers this type of opportunity.

Cons

Company is still growing and more office space is likely required, but there are discussions to address this and it seems a solution is being put in place, and option to work from home more often has been applied in the short term.

Advice to Management

Keep giving opportunities for employees to grow into bigger roles as we continue to grow. It seems to be working!

8. "Client Services"

I have been working at iSKY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The quality of the code produced is amazing and that makes my job in Client Services easier :)

- Every team member is passionate and proud of their work. This is likely because every employee is hand picked for their skill set - not a result of "what is available" in the surrounding market.

-Flexibility - having the option to work from home allows me time to focus on what I need to get done in a setting that isn't distracting ( while sitting in sweats!).

- Working from home as also added about 8-10 hours a week back into my personal time. I don't need to spend time driving, making lunches, coordinating pick ups/drop offs because I am home. When I need a 15minute break I don't roll by "Sally's" desk for a chat -instead I can put a load of laundry in. This saves me time. For someone with a busy family this is invaluable.

- The company vision is clear, we know where we are going and how we are going to get there.

- Extra time off around Christmas - on top of your standard vacation allocation you get an extra 5-7 days off during the holiday season - why?? Because our CEO believes family time / worklife balance is 100% necessary.

Cons

- Timezones. Sometimes its a pro (projects delivered to you before you wake up) other times a con (early morning con calls). As long as you balance your day and plan you can work around this.

- Working from home means a ton of communication over con calls / skype/ webinars. You need to have strong communication skills to do this effectively!

- Benefits could be improved... but we don't pay into them which is nice.

Advice to Management

I would love to have a huge on site meeting annually with all the company team members - likely expensive but would be great fun!

Oct 18, 2016 – CEO

A full company event would be a fantastic idea! - No promises though! ;) Thank you for all of your candid feedback. I'm thrilled you are enjoying our WFH and work centers. We'll also take a peek at ... More

9. "Really liking what's taking shape here"

I have been working at iSKY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The flexibility and ability to work from home when I choose, has provided me work-life balance I have NEVER experienced before. Aside from WFH, I still have the ability to mingle, brain storm and work with colleagues at our "work centers" which is pretty cool!

Our new CEO has set an exciting vision for the company (which was long needed) and I'm really enjoying the "All hands" meetings done via video conference to all of our employees globally. As a company we're coming together tighter than we ever have before and the new products we've built and are building makes it quite exciting to be here at this time! Its so refreshing and rewarding to be part of this new company. I'm actually proud to be here!

Cons

WFH can get lonely (the flexibility makes up for this)
    Benefits are average, suggest some improvements here

Advice to Management

KEEP IT GOING!!!

Oct 14, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your review and for attending our All Hands meetings. I'm thrilled to hear you are enjoying them along with the other exciting things we have on the go. Thanks for being a part of ... More

10. "Constantly changing company"

I worked at iSKY full-time

Pros

High tech, CEO with a strong vision

Cons

High working hours, developers in Pakistan so challenging to understand each others

Advice to Management

Stabilize your internal processes and your team. on the 3 pillars People, Processes, Tools, only tool is there

Oct 17, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your comment! Your title of "constantly changing company" is quite accurate and I can appreciate the feeling behind this. The fact is, we are changing and have been for the past ... More

11. "Very positive, good perks and direction"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at iSKY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They treat employees well with good packages and give every member room to improve themselves as well as listen to any suggestions people have related to the way work is done. . They have always paid well, did their best to keep us happy even during the depression, and have a great team to work with. Don't think I'll be leaving here too soon.

Cons

Sometimes I have felt somewhat uninvolved in the bigger picture, but that was resolved pretty soon.

Advice to Management

Keep going and nothing can beat positive communication channels.