iSoftStone Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
iSoftStone Chairman and CEO Tianwen (T. W.) Liu
Tianwen (T. W.) Liu

Pros
  • They provide the opportunity for a great work-life balance in that you can work from home setting your own hours (in 11 reviews)

• With flexible working accommodations for me and my team, to support in healthy work life balance, to incredible benies, this company has it all (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • With many people working from home it requires time out of the office and random con calls at weird times due to time difference (in 2 reviews)

• A business with 150 full-time employees should not have 15 vice presidents (in 2 reviews)

1. "the company needs to grow"

I worked at iSoftStone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice view of the lake, friendly colleagues, free coffee, team activities

Cons

employment often linked with outsourced project, if the project ends, you will need to find a new job

Advice to Management

find more business opportunities

Apr 25, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Hello! Thank you for your honest review of iSoftStone. We appreciate the feedback and want you to know it is regularly shared with our leadership team. In the coming months we will be announcing the ... More

2. "Avoid this place - being homeless would be more pleasant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at iSoftStone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee. Clean bathrooms. Nice view of Lake Washington.

Cons

Management either completely ignores you or is mercurial and constantly looking for scapegoats to cover their own incompetence so they can prevent themselves from being fired. The work is laughably rudimentary for most engagements, but management behaves as though we are doing something as difficult and important as brain surgery. It's all extremely ridiculous and I'm out of here as soon as possible.

Advice to Management

Promote only sane people. Have actual career advancement opportunities.

Apr 12, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Hello, Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and expressing your concerns. We value feedback, and in every situation we take our employee concerns very seriously. I’m glad to say there are ... More

3. "Was excellent place but now, not stable."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I worked at iSoftStone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexible work hours.
    -Some persons are friendly.

Cons

-Not stable long term place for working.
    -Green card after 5 years of full time.

Jan 6, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and for being an employee with iSoftStone for more than three years! We want you to know that as an employee we truly value and appreciate you. It's for this reason that we ... More

"Independent contractors Beware!"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Remote, OR

Pros

You can work from home if they pay you.

Cons

DO NOT work here as a small task independent contractor/ crowdsourcing. They WILL NOT pay you for your hard work!!!
    I would give the management 0 stars if there was an option. They also do not respond to your emails.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers

Jan 6, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review of iSoftStone. We appreciate your honesty regarding our worldwide services/crowdsourcing opportunities. At iSoftStone we have several types of employees ranging from ... More

6. "Good culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at iSoftStone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone treats you with respect. Company has occasional shin digs and flexible hours.

Cons

Sometimes work can ebb and flow. Definitely don't have that much support from supervisors, so if you don't thrive in that kind of environment it can be difficult.

Jan 6, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. Our culture is one of our biggest strengths as a company and we continually look for ways to show our employees how appreciative we are of them by providing fun activities ... More

7. "Fulfilled and Empowered"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at iSoftStone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my 6 months with ISoftStone I have had team recognition and breadth leadership team recognition! My Engagement Manager is not just a person who approves my time sheets or asks for status updates, but also someone who genuinely cares about what we are working on. He wants to know all the ins and outs of our program in order to support our goals and ambitions. He inspires me on a daily basis with all his effort on our goals and business development, the career path he has set up for me is of genuine interest and has me completely focuses at work, and the guy has built a yearly plan around my skill set! The recruiting team has been eager to partner with us to bring on talented team members that enhance our client relations or find us new talent with top tier skills, as well as assist in staffing strategies.

The facility is of course gorgeous being on Lake Washington and I always want to be there, but am self driven to be out fostering relations for our company and managing our project network.

The company is always sponsoring employee appreciation events, from BBQs on the deck every Wednesday to full blown parties.

With flexible working accommodations for me and my team, to support in healthy work life balance, to incredible benies, this company has it all!

Cons

No cons yet. At least nothing specific to ISoftStone. As my program grows we will be requesting faster internet to increase team performance onsite, but since we are pretty mobile right now I just don't see the justification in bringing it up right now.

Being on a growing team requires my dedicated focus and I just don't have the time to spend with all of the awesome people... That sounds so silly, but they really are awesome!

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at Todd Watts, he is everything a great manager should be! Keep up the great work, it truly has been special joining your ranks!

Jan 6, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review of iSoftStone! We are so pleased to hear you've had a wonderful experience so far in your role and that you are feeling fulfilled and empowered! We love to hear that your ... More

"Strange Experience"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test in Redmond, WA

I worked at iSoftStone full-time

Pros

They have a nice Kirkland office that has beautiful views of Lake Washington. They have several different social events including summer picnics and a holiday party.

Cons

This is a family values company, and there is passive aggression towards anyone that does not meet this criteria. They have successfully placed people that do meet this critieria in roles for which they seemed to be way underqualified. These people become fiercely loyal wingnuts. I suspect that they have contacts with people at local companies who share the same views.

I was subjected to directed anti-LGBT harassment even though I am entirely celibate and always have been. Eventually I found out that they had been in contact with one or more of my previous managers that had been fired for harassing me for the same assumptions. The company has gone through several mysterious upper management upheavals over the years, but from personal experience most of them seem to share the same negative views towards LGBT people and/or perhaps anyone that supports them. One of numerous different examples: someone from upper management called me a gay slur as I was leaving the last team lunch that I attended, and this had happened several times before as well.

Support from and contact with my company supervisor was almost nonexistent.

Advice to Management

They never bothered to address any of my concerns while I was working there, so this would be a waste of time.

Jan 6, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We sincerely regret that we have not been able to reply sooner. We take the concerns of our employees seriously and have taken time to discuss this ... More

9. "Good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at iSoftStone (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Their pay time is on Wed and also they pay 12/h
    + Flexible schedule and Work from home

Cons

- Their support is so slow, when I sent my documents for applying it took about 4 weeks to get answer from them.

Advice to Management

I worked at iSoftStone (less than a year)

Jan 6, 2017 – Human Resources Project Manager

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience working with iSoftStone! One of the biggest benefits about working for iSoftStone whether you're a contract, part time, or full time employee is ... More

"Great consultancy company to work with"

I worked at iSoftStone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management team really takes care of individuals. The team makes effort to make everyone feel at ease. Transparent in communication, there are opportunities to be made use.

Cons

Consultancy/Contracting means sometimes no job security. Nothing new to consultancy companies.

Advice to Management

Great team spirit. Keep up the good work.

"Lack of Communication and Late Payments"

Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluation Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Search Engine Evaluation Analyst in Richmond, VA

Pros

Working from home and flexible hours. Other than that - none.

Cons

Project managers will not respond to your emails. Payments are extremely late, if you receive them at all.

Advice to Management

Treat your contracted workers with respect, and get your payment system straightened out. Nobody should have to wait 2 months for a payment.