iTrellis Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Chris Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "iTrellis Really Delivers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at iTrellis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't say this lightly when I say that this is the most high-functioning organization that I have ever worked for. The advantages for working at iTrellis include:

- You're surrounded by highly intelligent and motivated team members who all had to pass a rigorous interview/testing process

- The culture is very collaborative and expect to participate in daily stand-ups, quarterly All-Hands meetings, community events, etc.

- You're given the resources to keep learning new skills whether it's through PluralSight, a stipend for professional development, or experience with multiple clients across a wide range of industries

- Our consultants do an awesome job making sure clients are engaged every step of the way and are very transparent in our software development productivity/performance metrics

- You can tell the CEO really cares about his employees through regular 1 on 1's and always asking for feedback

- The free snacks and drinks are a nice bonus, plus the iTrellis HQ is dog-friendly

Cons

Consider expanding PTO; otherwise, the benefits are great and I appreciate having our monthly medical premiums 100% covered

2. "Great Career Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at iTrellis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

iTrellis is a great opportunity to learn a lot of new skills quickly and grow into whatever career trajectory best fits you. We work on a lot of different projects which keeps things interesting. Flexible schedule, collaborative work environment.

Cons

Can feel empty when a lot of people are consulting at the client's offices. Somewhat of an expectation to always be available outside of work.

Advice to Management

Benefits are great, but PTO could be better.

3. "Directed Growth is More Than Just a Motto"

I have been working at iTrellis full-time

Pros

- Brilliant and fun co-workers
    - Opportunities to learn new skills
    - Great clients in a broad range of industries

Cons

- It's Washington State. "At will employment" can lead to an undercurrent of low-grade-anxiety

Advice to Management

Consider expanding WFH policy.

"Senior software developer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at iTrellis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company created and managed by great people.
    The management really cares about their employees.
    Great benefits package.
    They give you cutting edge hardware, free pluralsight account for your education.
    There are free snaks and soft drinks.
    Their hiring practices allow them to hire only great people.
    All the coworkers I had were very smart and nice people.
    It is definitly one of the best consulting companies in the greater seattle area.

Cons

there are actually no cons.

5. "Amazing overall place to work with great culture"

Current Employee - Consultant Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at iTrellis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture
    The recruitment process is streamlined and works well
    The recruiter does a great job of keeping you informed about how the process is going, what to expect, what needs to be done, and what the outcome is.
    People really work together to get the job done
    Exciting new contracts at challenging places
    Feeling of being appreciated and valued as an employee
    Amazing benefits, retirement plan and fair compensation
    2 weeks PTO to start with and flexible with UTO
    Room to grow and advance your career
    CEO is a great guy and really shows his appreciation of hard work
    Top of the line equipment
    Work with new and exciting technology
    Changing contracts to keep you learning and developing
    Very technically challenging interview process - You will feel like an engineer after succeeding
    Job security
    Flexible scheduling
    Employee events
    Great work/life balance
    Paid holidays
    Paid continuing education through provided Pluralsight accounts and/or conventions
    Very receptive to employee's feedback, wants, and needs
    Employee referral bonus

Cons

Some folks may have an issue with changing contracts and "starting over" per say. It is all about how you look at change (and to be fair, contracts do not change that often)
    Driving distance may be far for some contracts, although so far, I haven't seen any outside the Greater Seattle Area.

Advice to Management

Keep heading in the direction that you are going, and continue letting your employees know they are cared for and appreciated.

"I enjoy what I do"

I have been working at iTrellis full-time

Pros

Great team, fun location, innovative and unique projects. I have grown tremendously in my time here at iTrellis. I have a clear career path and there is never a dull moment or day for me. I appreciate my team and the work that we do.

Cons

There could be more team interaction. Sometimes I tend to feel a little isolated and/or disconnected from the team and management. I don't want to see iTrellis succumb to the stigma that all work and no play is how an operation should be ran.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to come together and lead your team. Honesty without compassion is just cruelty.

7. "Senior Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at iTrellis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great and smart engineers to work with
    - Great executive team that cares and values workers
    - Good benefit package
    - Challenging and innovative work
    - Provide incentives for self-training and improvement

Cons

- PTO days have improved but can be better
    - Small client base

8. "Really a great company to work for"

Pros

Working at iTrellis has really been a positive experience. I have been lucky enough to work on a few different projects which has been an amazing learning opportunity. I have had a chance to work on different technologies and solve some very interesting projects. Overall, I feel I have made some real honest improvements at my clients. The goal which is clearly communicated from the top down is to drive to excellence, transparency and improvement in our customer's lives. Being on the receiving end of many contractors, I find this quite refreshing and try to live it myself.

On a personal note, I really feel that management cares about the employees which makes for a very positive work experience. Both Chris and Paul are amazing and make you feel at home.

From a hiring standpoint, I think that the process is pretty awesome and has been quite successful in hiring a lot of people who are very talented and high performing. The process is comparatively pretty stress free.

All said and done, I really enjoy working at iTrellis and have no problem speaking highly of the company and my peers. I would definitely (and have) recommend iTrellis to people that I know.

Cons

When located at a client site you can sometimes can feel a little disconnected from the company. The amount of vacation is a little low however new policies have made this a lot better. As with any small company that is growing, you will encounter some growing pains but that can be part of the fun too.

"Appreciated my time there; Endorse it for others"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at iTrellis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People and culture. The devs I worked with are all very sharp, and the culture is a pretty ideal mix of focus on getting things done, following and promoting agile principles, learning and improving, collaborating without letting ego or defensiveness get in the way, plus a streak of humor and enjoyment that helps make work days feel shorter.

Growth, recognition, and support. I had a ton of autonomy, and there were a number of opportunities to pick up new skills or deepen existing ones. Management and team leads were fantastic about recognizing what I was capable of, and allowing me to take on more ownership, while continuing to provide support by standing behind my decisions and providing any training and technical guidance I could ask for.

Valuing employees. Competitive pay, solid benefits, healthy work-life balance, first-rate equipment including any special requests, and a budget for technical training, some of which was my choice and didn't have to be directly related to work. Also a concerted effort to shield/support/empower employees against the usual drawbacks of contracting, like difficult clients and contract instability.

Hiring process. Their internal recruiter was one of the best I've worked with, highly informed with a laser focus on real two-way communication, not a sales pitch. Both the recruiter and the interviewers offered candid and thorough descriptions of roles, responsibilities, expectations, and compensation. The on-site interview focuses on practical skills in a real world environment, and it's quick, less than a half day. As a candidate, the whole process felt refreshingly respectful of my time, and allowed me to feel more confident than usual that I'd both demonstrated my skill and evaluated the fit from my side. As an employee, it's clear that the hiring process creates and sustains the great experience I had with colleagues and culture.

Cons

Could use more cross-team collaboration. It's easy to not talk to anyone on other teams much, especially if you're onsite full time with a client. There's a lot of potential for knowledge or experience gained in one engagement or by an individual to contribute to the success or ease of another, in a spectrum between specific technology solutions to broad soft skills, but there isn't much of that kind of internal cross-team peer mentoring right now.

Advice to Management

Find ways to encourage and facilitate cross-team peer mentoring. Continue your efforts at transparency and clear communication. Keep making sure the people on the front lines feel valued and heard.

"Great experiences, great opportunities"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at iTrellis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We're a small company, so you've definitely got lots of opportunity to shine. So far we've done a good job of attracting smart people who are invested in getting things done without putting a lot of ego out into it, which makes for a very collegiate environment. It's been a lot of fun being part of an emerging company.

Cons

The flip side of being a small company is that every success or failure is felt all that more intensely because it's going to impact everyone. We don't have a bench policy, and our benefits package, while extremely generous for a small company, is that of a small company. I'm also not a fan of allowing our clients to second-guess our hiring practices when placing consultants, but that's part of the business. I suspect that will diminish some as we grow our reputation.

Advice to Management

For the most part, keep doing what you're doing: you've got a strong vision bolstered by a conservative expansion policy. We've got a good trajectory going; I'm generally hopeful that we can maintain it.