iZettle Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2020

4.1
iZettle Founder and CEO Jacob De Geer
Jacob De Geer
Pros
  • "Lots of freedom and relaxed environment(in 7 reviews)

• "Great culture, fun atmosphere, contact with people from another countries, good benefits and salary(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pension contribution below expectations for a company this size(in 6 reviews)

• "Poor management at times no clear path(in 4 reviews)

"No career/ growth opportunities"

I worked at iZettle

Pros

Mostly good culture and professional team members.

Cons

No career opportunities/ development or investment in employees.

April 13, 2020

Thanks for your feedback. We are constantly learning and your feedback is valuable to help us improve. After all, all amazing people working here deserve a great employee experience.

2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at iZettle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall I had a great experience at iZettle. Our manager was great and always put the team first. Amazing office too.

Cons

Targets were beginning to get out of reach.

3. "Ok"

Former Employee - Sales in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at iZettle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues - good culture and environment

Cons

None that I can think of

August 3, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your time with us.

4. "Disgruntled ex employees"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at iZettle full-time

Pros

Diverse culture and some of the most progressive employment policies around females in the workplace I have seen. There is definitely not a white male dominated culture. Some recent reviews have attempted position iZettle (and particularly the London office) as institutionally racist. This is unfair, particularly as that "nuclear bomb"was timed to coincide with the black lives matter demonstrations in London. Whatever grievance that particular former employee has, the timing of that was at best unfortunate and at worst malicious. Prior to the Paypal integration, this company had many many challenges, being institutionally racist was not one of them. If there were individual cases or managers that should be investigated then the author of posts identifying the company as racist should raise them with the iZettle management. I

Cons

Its not all perfect. There are cliques, there are favourites, being close to the former owners certainly helped employment prospects, but it's pretty difficult to find a business or organisation where if you scratch the surface that is not the case.

August 3, 2020

Thanks for your feedback. We’re ambitious just like our merchants – always learning, innovating and evolving. We are constantly learning and your feedback is valuable to help us improve.

5. "I have been working at iZettle full-time for less than a year"

Current Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at iZettle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mostly good culture and professional team members.

Cons

Not great career opportunities/ development or investment in employees.

April 13, 2020

"Decent for developers getting started in their careers"

1.0
    Current Employee - Developer in Stockholm, Stockholm

I have been working at iZettle full-time for more than a year

Pros

iZettle hosts really great parties. Limiting the discussion on just software development, the environment in iZettle promotes open exchanges of ideas and gives developers leeway on developing sound, future-proof software as the devs see fit.

Cons

Overall however, relocating to Sweden for iZettle was a big mistake and an utter waste of years. The structure imposed is systemically and inevitably bound to create a toxic work environment. Developer's careers and employments are solely determined by the whims and opinions of a single non-technical role detached from actual daily development -- the tech manager. Lacking first-hand input, the tech manager relies on one of two things: either surface observations or petty gossip-like feedback from other team members in regular 1:1 and check-in meetings. Given the steep and limited career progression in terms of grade levels and roles in iZettle, if you chance upon a team that happens to compare salaries and are mostly in competition for an appraisal, then you end up with a disaster. Despite receiving stellar feedback, if you unfortunately chance upon a corporate psychopath of a manager, well, it'd be time to call it quits and move on. A system that relies solely on the hopes of hiring benevolent and competent tech managers with no counterchecks against abuses, bullying and sheer incompetence in management is simply not good for anyone's sanity long-term, so I am thrilled that my time there is finally over. Browsing through the reviews on this site since 2014 they all mention the same recurring flaws which rang true to my experience as well working there: poor management and lack of growth. Sadly, all these reviews get the same generic complacent response that "..things can always be improved" as a bottomline excuse for perpetual inaction.

April 13, 2020

Thanks for your feedback, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We constantly aim to create the best possible conditions for all our talented iZettlers, but admittedly things can always be improved. Your feedback is valuable and will help us understand how we can evolve. Our door is always open if you would like to speak further to your HR Business Partner.

7. "positive"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at iZettle full-time

Pros

fast-growing startup environment with ambitious colleagues

Cons

some of teams and departments are a bit chaotic

January 20, 2020

Thank you so much for this review. We are constantly learning and your feedback is valuable to help us improve. After all, all amazing people working here deserves a great employee experience.

8. "Fun kickstart of your career."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at iZettle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice kickstart of your career. Great collegues. Fun atmosphere!

Cons

Not very flexible. Limited growth opportunities when you work from a remote office.

January 20, 2020

Thank you so much for this review. We have so many good things to shout about and so many people work hard every day to make this a great place to work, to develop and to make friends. We are not perfect, every day is a school day as they say, but you are right, we have far more pros than cons.

9. "Working in an environment with a great culture and great people."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Stockholm, Stockholm

I have been working at iZettle full-time for more than a year

Pros

A company that puts its employees at wellbeing first and you always get surprised with what the company has to offer. Interesting product with a great vision and mission.

Cons

Growing at a very fast pace and many changes are happening at the moment. This leads to that processes are not always in place, and questions and uncertainties may remain unanswered.

November 11, 2019

"Amazing culture and a company that cares about you"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at iZettle full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working here and I can't imagine leaving. I came from a 9-5 developer job in the public sector, and the difference is huge. iZettle get so much more out of me - not by working me to the bone, but by trusting me and creating a fantastic work environment. Some points: - There's a flat structure and it really is flat. They don't just say that. From day one you can reach out to anyone in the company and you'll get a response. - You are given a huge amount of freedom which creates loads of space for innovation. Hack weeks, lab days, and a huge amount of trust meaning that you can explore ideas and new ways of working. - iZettle recognise that sometimes life gets in the way. You have core working hours of 10 - 4 when you should be available on Slack, but other than that, you fit your life around the work. Sometimes I need to do shorter days midweek, and will catch up at the weekend. This makes a huge difference. - They put so much work into events, clubs and activities. Fundraising efforts, office drinks every Friday with a different theme each time (celebrating birthdays..etc), amazing winter/summer parties, culture clubs where groups of employees are supported in creating clubs around common interests...etc. - The office atmosphere is incredible. Edinburgh is open plan, and everyone knows each other. There is a great vibe. This is helped by initiatives such as the Office Yoda, where new starts are assigned a mentor from a different team to go for coffee, arrange a lunch..etc.

Cons

People have mentioned that benefits could be improved compared to other employers. e.g. there isn't really long-term sick leave for Edinburgh employees. However, for me this isn't really an issue. The overall benefits package is excellent. e.g. employer contribution to private health insurance.

April 13, 2020

Thank you so much for your review. We are very proud of the culture at iZettle and it’s all our people, creating it, that is our strongest asset. We have so many people work hard every day to make this a great place to work, to develop and to make friends. Also, together with PayPal, our benefits, which were good, have gotten even better! You will be amazed at our offering. Check them out: https://jobs.izettle.com/pages/compensation-benefits

Found 72 reviews